Categories > Original > Romance > R.I.V.A.L. Interest

Chapter O.N.E.

by Blackraven 0 reviews

Casey is a Sophomore-and a Secret Agent. But what's with the new guy at school-the hot arrogant one who keeps showing up at her missions. Does he know her secret? Or worse-does he have one just as ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-25 - Updated: 2008-07-26 - 1070 words

0Unrated
The room was eerily quiet, especially being by myself. Usually either Arielle or Daviel was with me, but not this time. This time I was alone. Breathe Casey, it would be okay. If I was going to be a fourth rank I’d have to get used to being alone, even though I’d usually have Arielle with me, there would be times I would need to be alone. What if I had a solo mission? So come on Casey, just calm down and stay hidden under the desk.

I let out a silent breath, still as the desk I was hiding under. Ten years of Agent training had me actually having to try to be normal. To make the movements and facial expressions a normal person would make. That was the act these days.

The door opened and I stiffened, but stayed quiet, waiting. I saw feet walk around the desk and I tensed up, getting ready. I was crouched down and I unbent my knees just a little, ignoring the stiffness. As soon as the desk chair rolled back, I lunged forward, grabbing the person around the face, one of my hands over his mouth. The man struggled, taking deep breaths and breathing in through the cloth pressed against his face and my gloved hand. As he fell back I staggered under his weight, almost dropping him. I did manage to lay him gently on the floor though, and I shoved the cloth into the pocket of my tight black jeans, walking to the door.
As quietly as I could, I opened the door and slipped through it, closing it silently behind me. Letting out a breath, I padded down the hallway in my boots and felt the blue tooth in my ear crackle to life. I flicked it and it stopped with the static.

“Hey Cougar, you there?” called a male voice from the device.

“Yeah Hawk. I knocked out the business man and got out of the office-where are you?” I asked, casting a glance around the hall. Hawk-his real name was Daviel, but not right now. Now he was Hawk, I was Cougar, Arielle was Mouse.

“That’s not important. I need you to get to the first floor and get ready to create a distraction for security when I give you the signal got it?” he explained, and I heard his quick footsteps, whatever he was doing.

“Got it,” I said, flattening myself against a wall. I covered the communicator with my hand, the blue light finally stopping its flashing pattern. A few moments later a guard walked by, but he didn’t notice me in my all black clothes against the wall. A good thing too, I didn’t much like having to knock out every person I met along the way.

I waited for the security guard to walk by, and then gave him a few seconds before I crept around the corner and found the stairs going down. I met another guard on the stairs but pulled the same chloroform trick with the cloth. He was out like a light.

Downstairs I went to the lobby, still hearing Daviel’s soft footsteps and his occasional breath. I hid myself behind a plant, which was really a lack of imagination, but I couldn’t figure out anywhere else to hide. It was like the huge law firm was having a security guard convention down here. Why did they need this kind of security? Oh yeah, that was what we were here to find out.

“Hey Cougar, are you there yet?” Hawk whispered in my ear. I heard a door open.
“Yeah, I’m here. What do you want me to do?” I asked just as quietly.

“Wait for the signal, then create a distraction. You’ll know it, trust me.” Then he broke the connection, the blue tooth going silent.

I’ll know it? Okay then, I’ll just have to wait. Settling to my knees, I folded my arms over my legs, leaning my head down and closing my eyes. I let my silent breathing become slower than it had been. I could hear my heartbeat, but I pushed that out of the way as well and let silence roar through my head.

Well, until the alarms went off. That signal didn’t take long. Jumping to my feet I grabbed the first security guard that ran by, kicking him to the floor. I shoved a glass case full of art pieces-probably worth over ten thousand dollars if my eyes weren’t deceiving me-and it all crashed to the floor. But I was already running to the door, even as the other security guards ran in my direction. My heart beat sped up a little, but I saw two shadows slip out the door and followed them, escaping the security guards with ease.

Hawk and Mouse were still ahead of me, but I picked up my speed to catch up with them. Hawk glanced at me, Mouse gave me a quick grin. I returned it wolfishly, showing my teeth in a grin.
The run only lasted for a few minutes until we got to the corporate car-a plain red Nissan Altima. Of course, this wasn’t what agents usually drove, but for missions we needed something nondescript.

I climbed in the backseat, not really caring where I got. Folding my arms, I leaned back and closed my eyes, laying my head on the seat.

“Are you okay, Casey?” asked Arielle, craning around in her seat to look at me.

“Fine Arielle,” I replied, letting out my breath. “I’m just a little tired, but it’s no problem,” I added quickly as I saw Hawk glance at me, his hazel eyes meeting my bright green ones in the mirror as he started the engine and took off.

Arielle plugged in her iPod, filling the silence with Fall Out Boy. Humming to it, I lightly dozed off.

When the car stopped I woke up again, cracking my eyelids open to see the lights of the company above the car. I got out, making sure not to let the doors of the Altima hit the Camry beside it. Another mission car.



----------------------
Whoo new idea
tell me if you like,
if you want, look at this banner
I made for it
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/Wiseheart92/?action=view¤t=rivint.jpg
Sign up to rate and review this story