Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Strawberry taste and tattoos

Study Group

by Hamano_Asuka 0 reviews

Upcoming tests in school makes Ichigo gather up a studygroup. The last to be invited is Renji, who says he has better things to do. But in the end he shows up and gets to learn something new about ...

Category: Bleach - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji, Kuchiki Rukia, Kurosaki Ichigo, Kurosaki Isshin - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-02-27 - Updated: 2006-02-28 - 1813 words

1OOC
Disclaimer: I certainly DON'T own Bleach and it most certainly owns me.

Anyways. This story is dedicated to my best friend. Hope you enjoy it! And it was intended to be a one-shot. But that was not to happen it seems.


Chapter One - Study-group.

He looked at the note that slowly descended to his desk. Then his eyes turned toward the orange-haired boy, who had been the one to drop it there.
"What the heck is that?"
"My address. Can't you read?"
"You little brat! What am I suppose to do with your address. I don't remember even asking for it."
"A few of us are gathering on Wednesday to study to the upcoming tests."
"And? Get to the point today."
"Hey, it wasn't my idea to invite you. It's just that the others thought I should, since you're a part of our class now. At least it's supposed to look that way. And honestly, maybe you should come, 'cause your math stinks."
"Well your grammar is even worse. Or so I heard from Ikkaku. Besides I don't have time for that."
"Like I care. It's not like I will miss you."
Ichigo walked away. Renji picked up the note, looked at it for a few seconds, before he crumpled it and threw it at the direction of the trashcan. It missed by a couple of centimetres.
"Fuck!"


Leaves were falling and the town had a scent of autumn. Colours whirled as the leaves blew by. Renji wrapped his coat tighter. "Man, it sure is getting cold." He increased his speed. Not only was it getting cold. The wind blew hard and on the radio they had announced warnings about a storm coming in.
Suddenly he stopped. He had reached his destination. He pressed the button and heard a strange sound on the other side of the door. The door flew open and in the doorway stood a black-haired man with blood running from his nose.
"Yes?"
Renji stared at the man.
"I'm... a friend of Ichigo. I..."
"Yes! One more for the study group. Wonder how many he invited? Come in, come in."
He pulled in Renji, tore of Renji's coat and hung it with all the others.
"So you're a friend of my son. I suppose you're in his class. Ever been here before? Have you met my daughters?"
Renji didn't even have time to open his mouth, before the man yelled out loud.
"Yuzu! Karin!"
Two girls showed up in the doorway.
"Yes?"
"Yuzu, tell Ichigo another of his friends have arrived."
"Yes!"
The girl went upstairs.
"Karin, this is another friend of Ichigo. I'm so happy to see that you all have so many friends."
The girl didn't seem all that interested either in Renji or what her father had just said.
"Renji! I thought you said you had too much else to do?"
Renji looked at the orange-haired boy, who had gotten halfway down the stairs.
"I got bored."
Ichigo looked sceptical at Renji.
"Yeah, whatever! Just take your shoes of and come upstairs."
"Ichigo! Are you not introducing me to your friend?"
"Like hell I would. He suffered badly enough just being born. The least I can do to ease the pain of his life is to keep you from him."
"And what is that suppose to mean," said Renji.
"I said you suffered badly enough being born. I mean with that ridiculous hair-colour and your skills in math. It's no wonder you've tattooed your whole body, in hope that no one will notice the two first things."
"Why you... I'm going to kill you!"
Ichigo saw the change in Renji's attitude and escaped upstairs with Renji just one step after. Both stormed into Ichigo's room, which was already full with some of their classmates. Inoue, Tatsuki and Rukia sat on the bed. Sitting on the floor were Chad, Asano and Kojima.
"Renji-kun," Inoue waved frenetic.
The others just nodded, and Renji nodded back.
"Sit where ever there's space. If you can find a space big enough to fit you and you ego;" said Ichigo smiling.
Renji threw one of his schoolbooks at Ichigo.
"Hey!"
The rest of the group laughed. When it they all had settled down, Renji took a look at everyone.
"I thought there would be more."
"Well, I asked Ishida, but he refused. You know how he is. And it's supposed to be a study-group and not a study-class."
Renji snorted and threatened Ichigo with throwing another book.
"Anyway, let's pick up where we were before we got interrupted. Inoue-san, it was your time to ask the questions."
Inoue fumbled a little with her books, dropped them and picked them up, just to drop them again. When she finally got a grip of the one book she needed, all the nervousness went away and soon they were all involved in the unspoken competition of showing of, by answering the most questions.


"Anyone want something to drink?"
Ichigo stood up, waiting for a reply. There were some nods and low yes coming from his classmates.
"Right. Any volunteer to help me carry?"
Renji got up on his feet. /"At least I'll get away from this for a while"/, he thought and they both went downstairs. Well downstairs, Ichigo went through the fridge, searching for something. The Ichigo's little sister Yuzu came into the room.
"Oni-san, could you put the dishes away, so that I can start dinner?"
"Since it's you who's asking, Yuzu, I guess I can do that."
"Thank you Oni-san. I'm just going to the convenient store to pick up some things."
She went out of the room and Ichigo smiled. She was the best little sister you could ever have. Always smiling.
"Where does this go," asked Renji who had already picked up a bowl from the plate rack.
"Over there, third shelf," said Ichigo noticeably shocked that the magenta-haired shinigami had volunteered in helping him with this to.
"Right."
Renji could feel Ichigo's eyes following him as he went to put the bowl back into its place. As he turned to Ichigo again, he saw that he had been right, since he was still following Renji with his eyes.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Then quit staring at me. Can't help that I'm this beautiful, but having you staring at me gives me the creeps."
Ichigo snorted and before Renji even had noticed any movement, he was pushed up against the wall.
"You're not that beautiful, but there is certainly something special about you today," said Ichigo, before he pressed his lips against Renji's.
It only lasted a few seconds and when Ichigo pulled away, he went back to the dishes like nothing had happened. Renji on the other hand, was in such a shock that he couldn't even move. He just stood there, against the wall, paralyzed. Ichigo had almost finished putting away the dishes when Renji finally got his motor skills back.
"H-how... how d-dare you... k-ki... I'm going to kill you!"
Ichigo looked up at the stuttering shinigami. Renji's face was all red, but Ichigo couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or anger. Either way he laughed.
"Just a little redder and I think it would match your hair-colour just perfectly."
At this Renji snapped and aimed straight at Ichigo's face. Though Ichigo had anticipated just that and he easily dodged. But this only angered Renji even more. He attacked once again and missed yet again.
"Gee, it's impossible to leave the two of you alone for even the shortest time."
Both Renji and Ichigo looked at Rukia, who had just spoken. Behind her stood the rest of the study-group.
"We figured there was something going on, since you took such time. What were you fighting about this time?"
Renji's face, which had settled down, blushed up again.
"Nothing!"
"Really?"
Rukia looked from the blushing Renji to the smiling Ichigo.
"I don't really believe you, but I will not dig deeper into this. By the way, what's taking so long? You went down like twenty minutes ago."
"Yuzu asked me to put away the dishes."
"Well you seem to be finished with that. Let's get back to studying."
Ichigo picked out some glasses and then he looked at Renji.
"You came down to help. Will you take that jug over there," he said and nodded toward the green and blue striped jug on the counter.
Renji cursed at Ichigo, but did as he was asked. He picked up the jug, stormed past everybody and went upstairs. The rest of them just stared as he hurried away.
"And nothing happened?"
"Apparently, no," said Ichigo and smiled wide.
"You two are hiding something. And I will find out what."
They all went upstairs and found Renji already buried in his books.


"Bye, Kurosaki-kun," Inoue waved and smiled
"Bye, Inoue, Tatsuki."
Tatsuki just nodded back. Ichigo closed the door and went upstairs again. When he got to the top of the stairs, he met Rukia.
"Rukia."
"I think I'm going to hit the sack. See you in the morning."
"Yeah."
Ichigo went on to his room and just as he was to open the door, it opened from the inside, causing Ichigo to stumble forward. He crashed into Renji and then they both fell to the floor. Renji groaned, since he was the one who ended up underneath Ichigo and took most of the fall.
"Well isn't this an interesting situation," said Ichigo with a smirk.
"Wipe that smirk of your face and get of me!"
"Don't feel like it."
He leaned down and kissed Renji. This time he wasn't satisfied with just a simple kiss. With his tongue he forced Renji's lips apart. Renji put his hands on Ichigo's chest to push him away, but he couldn't find the strength to do that. He found himself welcoming Ichigo and took the next step and deepened the kiss. When Ichigo noticed this he pulled away and looked at Renji. Both of them were breathing heavily.
"The door is open," said Renji with a hoarse voice.
"I know. I'll close it. But know that once it's closed it won't open until the morning."
"Then close the damn door."
"Are you sure?"
Renji glared at the orange-haired boy. Then he pushed himself up to a sitting position and kissed Ichigo. This time the kiss got so intense that they both had to draw deep breaths when they finally parted.
"Close the door."


"You stayed over, Renji?"
Rukia looked puzzled.
"Yeah! Could you pass the bread, Rukia?"
She did as she was asked. When she had passed the bread she took her eyes of Renji and looked at Ichigo instead.
"Both of you look tired. Did you stay up all night studying?"
Renji's face went scarlet in two seconds and he quickly turned it toward the table. Ichigo smiled.
"Not really."


End of chapter one.
Sign up to rate and review this story