Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How To Predict The Future

It Was Just A Joke

by wheresyourheart 1 review

mikey and gerard's mom has a chat with gerard

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-08-01 - 553 words

0Unrated

It took four days, twelve hours and seven minutes for Mikey to crack. Not that I was keeping track. Well, actually, I was, since the night he'd told me that he wanted to tell our parents about our newfound talent. I'd even made a bet with myself, that he would take two days, so I have to give the little guy some credit for lasting a while longer.

I didn't even know until mom sat me down in the living room and started interrigation. "Mikey says he's phsycic."

"Really?" I said, trying to play it cool.

"And he says you are, too."

/Damn/. "What do you mean?" I asked.

But she had questions of her own, "Why, Gerard?"

"I don't know," I told her.

"Do we need to get you counciling?"

I shook my head, thought of a cover plan off the top of my head, and said, "It was just a joke!"

"A joke?" she muttered to herself, then, almost yelling, said, "Real funny joke! You had that kid crying to me!"

I couldn't help myself. I had to giggle.

"What's so funny?" Mom said.

"Nothing," I replied, afraid of what she would do. Angry Donna is not a woman you would like to encounter on a daily basis, let me tell you.

"You know, if you needed something to get you're mind off of the robbery, you could have gotten a hobby," she said, sounding disappointed.

In a matter of seconds, I was angry. "Why do you always bring that up? The robbery?"

"Because," she whispered, "I'm just worried about you, honey." Before I knew it, her arms were wrapped around me and we were sobbing on eachother's shoulders.

"I'm so worried about you, Gee," said a voice that wasn't my mothers. It was that girl, Olivia, and this time she sounded like she was crying. Over the past few days I would hear random blurbs of conversations I figured were future conversations with people. Usually after I hear them I forgot about them, but I couldn't forget about Olivia.

"I know," I said, then pulled away. "But I'll be fine. I promise."

Mom nodded, then said, "Go draw or something. Stay out of trouble."

I slowly nodded, then made my way downstairs, replaying what had just happened.

I'd been in my room for hardly three minutes when Mikey came down and apologized dramatically, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't live a lie anymore."

"Mikey," I told him, laughing slightly, "You're twelve. You weren't 'living a lie'. And don't worry, I took care of everything."

He looked skeptical, "You're not mad?"

"Well, let's not get to carried away," I said, but a look of hurt flashed across his face, so I told him, "Kidding, Mikey. Kidding," and ruffled his hair.

"Well, have you seen anything lately?" he asked me.

Shaking my head, I said, "No, I never see things, I just hear them..."

"Oh. Well I never hear things, just see them," Mikey said. "Maybe there's away we can like put what you hear and what I see together or something?"

Wondering why I hadn't thought of this before, I nodded. "But how?"

He shrugged.

"Hm."





____________________________
This was actually a long chapter, but I split it up. I'll post the other half when I can come on the computer again.
Reveiws please!
Sign up to rate and review this story