Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Hidden Love

Chapter one

by T-A-R21 0 reviews

(RenRuki)QUOTE "What? What's wrong with my eyebrows?" I'm really bad at summary's

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-02 - 1352 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER ONE


Renji, still carrying Rukia, was trying to get to safety as fast as he could, to get her out of harms way, and it wasn't until she held on to him a little tighter that he realized how in pain he was from is wounds given to him by Byakuya, but that wasn't really important right now, where they would hide was what was on his mind. Looking at the horizon is what made him remember a little cave he had found in the mountains; he had found it while training sometime ago and doubted anyone knew about it--- he himself had found it out of sheer dumb luck. As he swung his weight to get to a higher branch, Rukia held on to him a little tighter, as if afraid that she would fall or that he would let go of her. --Independent baka, don't even trust me to carry you!-- He thought.


"Renji? Where are we going?"

"In the mountains, I know a place where we'll be safe."

She wondered how far it was, she knew just from the way he was breathing that he was in pain, some of his wounds had started bleeding again, probably from all the running around and jumping. She was surprised that he didn't seem to mind carrying her and that made her feel uneasy.

"You're hurt, put me down! I can carry myself!" She regretted saying it in such worried tone, but she was worried and didn't want him getting more hurt than he already had been on her account.

"BAKA!!!! It's nothing just a few scratches, anyways you would just slow us down. We're probably being followed; we're fugitives if you haven't noticed!"

"What? I'd slow us down; with the way you're breathing they don't need to run to follow us they just need to listen to your breathing, MORON!!" She hit him on his stomach forgetting for a second that he was cut. The pain made him lose his breath for a brief moment causing him to stop running.

"What're you stopping for we're probably being followed, if you haven't noticed we're fugitives!!" But never the less she felt terrible to have hit him on his wound.

"SHUT UP RUKIA!!!!"

"Temper, temper fukutaichou!!"

Renji just suddenly let go of her and she fell on the ground, even though she was mostly angry at herself for having put her guard down, it didn't prevent her to take it all out on him for dropping her.

"Baka!!! You dropped me!" But she was more thinking along the lines of why did you let go of me

"Its dark, we'll rest here for tonight!" He had a little smirk on is face, proud to have caught her off guard.

"What... here?"

"Sorry oh noble one, maybe I should have asked the directions for "escaped prisoner" hotel!!"

"How dare you childish, self absorbed ass!! Fine, I get the rock. You can sleep in the mud".

She jumped on the rock and somewhat tried to get comfortable but with very little success. As for Renji, he gathered some leaves, and then put is black robe over them making a sort of little bed. He came to lay on it, but could see Rukia trying to get comfortable on the rock, obviously annoyed that she couldn't, he smirked and went towards her quietly. He startled her when he came to pick her up and she gave him a look that could easily be translated to what the heck are you trying to do, but before she could say it he told her to be quiet, took her in his arms and gently placed her on the little bed that he had made.

"Try to get some rest, Rukia."

"What about you Renji, aren't you tired."

"Well, someone's got to keep watch and since you'd have a hard time fighting off a weakling from the fourth squad, it'd better be me."


As he finished his sentence, he received a shower of rocks from Rukia along with a lot of insults.

"Ha! Some guard you are can't even fight off a few little rocks... I really feel safe now." with her unmistakable tone of sarcasm.

The childish situation got them both laughing.

"Try to get some sleep; we still have some traveling to do".

"Hai! Good night Renji."

As time passed Renji was counting the stars to keep himself awake--- 199, 200 201, 20... damn where was I. -- He looked around, trying find where the noise that distracted him came from --Rukia--. It had become colder without him noticing it, and she was trembling from the cold air of the night. He walked over and kneeled beside her to cover her up, he then went back to sit on the rock. He watched her sleep, rather stare at her sleep and this made him uncomfortable when he realized was doing so, as if he had caught himself feeling something he shouldn't.-- I wonder if she's dreaming--. The question was more to get his mind off of the way he felt more than anything else, and had very little effect.

Rukia woke up a bit disoriented, she looked around not quite sure of where she was. She saw Renji on the rock fast asleep he was shivering. --he's cold--, and she wondered why she wasn't, when she realized that he'd covered her up with his robe to keep her warm. It made her smile to know that he cared. She got up, took his robe and softly covered him with it. She looked at his grinning face; damn is he awake? Afraid that she would be caught caring for him, but no, he was only dreaming; Moron how can you smile at a time like this. But him smiling somewhat reassured her. She sat down beside him, looking at the sky thinking; --stupid Renji you're giving up everything you've worked so hard to achieve and for what? To save me, why? Why would you do something stupid like that?--

The sun was starting to rise, she could see the sky getting lighter, she took back his robe and went back on the little makeshift bed, not wanting him to find out what she had done, almost as if she was scared he would figure out how she felt about him, and reject her feelings, or maybe she was more scared that he would share them, she wasn't quite sure.

"Damn I fell asleep...RUKIA! WAKE UP!" She jumped up startled by his loud tone of voice.

"You can't sleep all day too it's enough I had to watch you sleep all night!"

"Sorry Renji." She said with a little smirk, to which Renji responded by smirking back.

"You should smile more often! It makes you look less ugly!"

"Hmmph, at least I don't have those eyebrows of yours!"

"What? What's wrong with my eyebrows?"

"It would take to long to explain and we're on the run remember!"

She then put her arms up for him to pick her up (a bit the way a young child would do) Renji smirked but instead grabbed her by the belt and put her over his shoulder, and started heading for the mountains.

"You IDIOT!"

"What?"

"Renji, by the way!"

"What?"

"Do you really think I'm ugly?"

"YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?"

"Well, am I?"

"Are you what? Trying to avoid the question."

"Ugly!"

"No...you're not ugly!" She smiled and slightly blushed.

"Well, not for a boyish looking girl you're not!"

"DAMN YOU..."

"Stop kicking, you'll fall stupid."

"This place looks familiar didn't we just pass here?"

"What... do you what me to stop for directions?"

"Don't tell me you got us lost!"

As she said that Renji just let go of her but she was holding onto his belt, she laughed proud that she hadn't fell this time, but before she could say anything Renji untied his belt and she hit the ground once more.

"Ouch, what's wrong with you baka?"
"We're here!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it kind of ends abruptly, I know. But it continues in chapter two. Feel free to leave a review.
Sign up to rate and review this story