Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

|New Years Bust||a Gerard Way one shot|

by ThunderUnderground 0 reviews

Gerard Way's girlfriend Leah made him quit smoking months ago. But now he's caught her smoking.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-07 - Updated: 2008-08-08 - 616 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Happy new year!" Everyone screamed and clapped their hands and blew into their kazoos.
I need a smoke. I thought, "I'll be back."
I told my boyfriend Gerard.
"alright babe." He said and as I walked away he called for me over the music, "WAIT!"
I turned around, "Yea?"
He walked over to me and kissed me, "You forgot your New Years kiss."
I laughed, "Okay Gerard, now go talk to Frankie who's in the kitchen."
He scoffed, "Trying to get rid of me Leah, on Christmas?!"
"It's new years."
"Whatever, they're only" He counted using his fingers, "a week days apart."
I laughed, "Now go."
"Alrighty." He said and he skipped merrily past all our friends, there must have been like 50 of us in the party, maybe more.
What am I saying? Of course there are more then 50 people here.
I went outside on the back porch and then I peeked inside to make sure I wasn't in view of Gerard.
I pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my jean jacket pocket.
I pulled one out and casually placed one end into my mouth and lit the other side.
I sighed in relief as I took a drag.
"You know when Gerard finds out, you're dead." Ray said.
I nearly dropped the white drug, "Ray! You scared me!... and who says that Gerard will find out?"
"Well... he has noticed you coughing a lot and your skin breaking out and how you don't have a lot of breath in you."
"Well maybe I just eat a lot of junk food and get no exercise." I said.
"He's going to find out."
Ray's pretty cool; he's like an older brother to me. He was the one who actually introduced me to Gerard.
Ray was my older sister's boyfriend, until he caught her cheating on him so he broke it off.
But me and Ray are still pretty good friends.
"Whatever." I said and I took another puff.
Ray rolled his eyes and went back inside.
A few minutes later, I lit my second cigarette and a very mad Gerard came outside.
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" He yelled.
"Smoking." I said quietly, ashamed.
"You make me quit, and now I catch you fucking smoking?! How much lower can you get?!"
"I'm sorry Gee-"
"No! I don't want to hear it!" He yelled, "And I can't believe you fucking lied! How long has this gone on?! Come on, say a lie. I know you will!"
"I've been smoking since I was 15." I said, truthfully.
"And now you're 25!" He said, "Ten years?! I only smoked for 6 years and you made me quit! You told me how bad it was for humans! Remember how much you lectured me?!"
"Yeah." I said, "God, Gee I'm so sorry."
"No, saying sorry won't work! I'm breaking up with you, Leah! I don't want to see your face again! I don't want to hear your shallow voice! I don't want to know that you exist!"
It didn't feel like some one ripped out my heart.
It felt like some one stabbed a knife through my heart, piercing it over and over and over with the silver blade.
But I guess I did have it coming.
Ray came out.
"You told him." I said.
"No, I didn't. I was just having a conversation with Frankie and Gee when he looked outside on the porch and saw you."
"Promise?"
"Promise on my love for the band."
I hugged him, "I'm such a fool."
"I know you are." He said.
Yeah, real comforting Ray. But he did speak the truth
I looked at the moon, shinning so beautifully.
So pure and innocent.
Sign up to rate and review this story