Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 100 MCR oneshota

Travel

by x_vampire_angel_x 1 review

just a little one i thought of due to the song

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-13 - Updated: 2008-08-13 - 1198 words

0Unrated
He had been planning to whisk her away to a distant land. To take her somewhere she had never been before. He would take her out to eat exotic food, drink exciting new cocktails that they had never even heard of.

He had even been planning to ask her to make him an honest man, to marry him.

He had loved Elphie so much. He lived just to see that wonderful sparkle in her eyes that greeted him in the morning. She would wake up slightly earlier then him just to greet him downstairs with a cup of coffee and a kiss.

Sometimes he would come home from a day working with the band to hear her strumming on the guitar, her voice pure as the morning sunlight, but as soon as he made a noise, she would stop her playing and pretend it hadnt happened.

He loved the fact that she was so cute and shy at times, but if she was passionate enough about a topic, she could argue for it til the cows came home. And even once the cows had came home, she would still be arguing it.

They had lived together for 3 blissful years, and despite a few minor tiffs, the love they had felt for each other was still as strong as when they first met.

They had even bought a cat together, named Rockstar Kitty Goddess in a moment of drunken gaiety, affectionately known as Rocky for short.

He thought his life was perfect. He was in a popular band with his 4 best friends, one of them being his brother. He was making music that mattered not only to him, but to people all over the world. He had a beautiful girlfriend who really cared for him. He was going to marry the girl of his dreams. People wanted to meet him, to see him, to be him.

Maybe it was karma, from a long ago time. Maybe it was just fate. But either way, his heart was torn in two.

That horrible day carved so deeply in his mind. The day he came home from the studio to find the house empty. Not such a big deal, she was probably shopping, or out in the garden, it was a nice day he reasoned. But he was not to be so lucky.

There was no note left, and she wasnt in the garden. He rung up Rays girlfriend, Sienna, her best friend, to see if Elphie was round hers, but no, Sienna hadnt spoken to her since the night beforehand.

Despite his efforts, he couldnt find Elphie anywhere. So, even though he was as worried as hell, he decided to sit down and watch the tv until she came back, she couldnt be that long.

Sadly, that was how he found out. As the news reporter introduced the story about the poor yound women who had been shot in a hold up in a store, Mikey felt the usual tingle of sadness that he normally did when he heard this kind of story. Until he saw the CCTV clip. That was when he fell off the sofa in shock. It was none other than his dear Elphie. Tears streamed down his face as he watched, transfixed. Watching the gunmen shoot her made the tears fall even harder, but he couldnt tear his eyes away from the screen.

~~~~ 7 months later ~~~~

As he walked down the street in the cold September rain, Mikey dug around in his pockets for his iPod, he was pretty sure he had left in that coat. But instead of his little black iPod, he found Elphies green one. The one he had bought her, the one had had got inscribed with "Elphie, my angel. Love you forever and a day". Just looking at it brought a tear to his eye.

Then he remembered.

After seeing the video on the tv he had rung up his brother and ran to the local accident and emergency department of the hospital. When he got there, Elphie was still alive, but only just.

They had taken her through to surgery, and she had been doing ok. Then, a couple of days later she had taken a turn for the worst. She was surrounded by doctors and nurses trying to help her. He had stayed with her from the start, but just before she was rushed back to surgery she had time to hand him her iPod and mention something about a song. He thought nothing of it at the time, and put the iPod in his pocket.

A few hours later, a doctor came out of the operating theatre to where Mikey and the other members of the band were waiting anxiously. Mikey stood up with a grin expecting the doctor to tell him the good news. Instead the doctor had a sad look on his face. He didn't need to tell them that she was gone, Mikey could tell from his face.

He crumbled to the floor sobbing hysterically. Anger, sadness, agony. So many emotions ran through him, he thought he would explode.

As the memory ended, he felt the rain splashing harder on his face mixing with his tears.

Tentatively he placed the headphones in his ears, and pressed "shuffle songs"

He recognised the first few songs, but then it came to an unfamiliar one.

The tune felt like a distant memory to him, but he carried on listening.

Then he recognised Elphies voice over her beautiful fingers softly strumming.

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone you'll need love to light the shadows on your face
If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone could you make it on your own.

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

And maybe, I'll find out
A way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guard you, through the darkest of your days
If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all
Well then I hope there's someone out there
who can bring me back to you

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

Run away with my heart
Run away with my hope
Run away with my love

I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind I'll stay with you for all of time

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

If I could turn back time
I'll go wherever you will go
If I could make you mine
I'll go wherever you will go
I'll go wherever you will go


Despite the tears and the rain on his face, Mikey smiled. The first really smile in seven months, because of that song. Reminding him that no matter where he was, she would always be with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story