Categories > Original > Romance > Blood in the Snow

Oh God Those Technicolor Eyes

by bulletsthrudoves 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-14 - Updated: 2008-08-14 - 1523 words

1Moving
Song: Technicolor Eyes – Backseat Goodbye
“You’re a smart kid with a beautiful smile, and oh god those technicolor eyes”

“What- where am I?” I wondered out loud into the inky-black darkness that surrounded me.
“Don’t be scared…” a seductive voice purred.

As I sensed a movement around me, I flicked my head to the right. There he was, I was staring death in the face and I couldn’t have been happier.



The sun streamed through my window and hit me hard in the face.
“Ugh!” I rolled over and covered my head with my black comforter.
“Skai! Time to get up! You wouldn’t want to miss the first day of school now would you?” my mother called from down the steps. I stuck my tongue out at my door and crawled out of my warm bed. I donned my ripped black jeans and 30 Seconds To Mars t-shirt, pulled on my high-tops and stumbled down the stairs.
“Skai, do you think I’m going to let you go to school like that? And try brushing your hair for once.” My mom said, nitpicking.
“Yes, mother.” I had no energy for an argument this morning. I sat down and poured myself some Corn Pops and watched the morning news. The TV was blaring and my little brother Alex was sitting an inch from it, busy destroying his corneas.
“There has been a spike in crime in the Juneau area. There are three new reported murders and no bodies have been found. More on this at eleven.” The TV informed us. My mom switched off the infernal box and pulled Alex’s eyes off of the screen.
“Get in the car you two!” she barked.
I muttered to myself as I pulled on my black and red parka and grabbed my messenger bag and stepped out the door. I climbed into the white behemoth that was our car and pouted in the back seat. I watched the Sitka scenery zip by as we went to drop off Alex at the elementary school. It’s a balmy fifty degrees outside and Alex is out of the car and stumbling to the school in the eighty pounds of sweatshirts and hats that my mom forced on him today.
“So, Skai. What did you take for your electives this year?” my mom queried.
“Art and band, like always mother.” I replied exasperated.
“Well you don’t have to get in a huff.” My mom said cattily.
The rest of the ride was silent, thank God. I turned on my Zen and listened to Early Sunsets Over Monroeville by My Chemical Romance.
I got dropped off with only a nod from my mom as she sped off back home. Shrugging on my bag, I walked through the double doors into the jail I will be sentenced to for the next one hundred eighty days. I opened my shiny new top locker and threw all my crap into it haphazardly. I slammed it shut and slid down to the floor. While turning my Zen to Demonomania a pair of shoes caught my eye. I dropped gracefully onto my ass and looked up.
“Hello, I think you might be in front of my locker…” a nervous voice said. I couldn’t form a coherent sentence. My eyes were locked in his, light grey with blue streaks to my electric blues. I slid over to let him have room and flipped my purple streaked black bangs out of my eyes. He was gorgeous. He had flaming red hair with black tips and snakebites on his bottom lip. He was thin and muscular and very pale with a snug pair of skinny jeans, a studded belt, and a Linkin Park shirt on. On top of all that, he was wearing eyeliner. Definitely my type.
“Yeah… uhm I’m sorry I was in front of your locker, usually people don’t come in this early… My name’s Skailer, but you can call me Skai.” I said timidly.
“That’s quite alright, Skai. My name’s Braxton… I can’t think of a way to shorten that.” He added with a smirk.
I giggled. “What do you have first period, Braxton?”
“Hmmm…” he pulled his schedule out of his bag. “uhm Band with… Alleston.”
“Really? Me too, hang with me this morning, I’ll show you the ropes.” I winked at him and rose to my feet. “What do you play?”
“Violin.” He answered simply while turning the lock on his locker. “You?”
“Electric guitar. Wow, violin. Really?” I wouldn’t expect someone like him to be play an instrument like that.
“Yes, but that’s only one of the instruments I play.”
“What else can you play?” my eyes widening in interest.
“Well…” he was getting self-conscious. “Piano, guitar, flute, trombone, trumpet… only to name a few…” he looked at his feet.
“Dude.” I said in amazement.
“Yeah.” He looked up shyly at me. I smiled warmly.
“Come on, let’s go down to the caf, I don’t know about you but I’m starving.”


“So Braxton, when did you move here? And why in good hell did you move to Sitka?” I asked while sipping my chocolate milk straight out of the carton.
He chuckled. “My parents thought it was time for a change and we moved. In other words, they dragged me kicking and screaming.” He grinned while chewing on a blueberry muffin.
“Well, is it living up to your horrible expectations so far?” I teased.
“It’s getting better.” He appraised me with his eyes.
Whoa, did he just check me out? I flushed and he noticed. He stared into my eyes and laughed.
“Something wrong?” he asked quietly.
“N-no…” I stuttered, the blush slowly creeping up to my hairline.
His eyes never left mine as he rose and extended his hand. “Shall we take our leave, Skai?”
I nodded, unable to make any form of vocalization. I grabbed his hand and he helped me rise to my feet. His skin was smooth and inviting. He took his hand away much too soon and beckoned me with his index finger to head upstairs. I followed him up and stood at his locker while he rifled through his books.
“Who do you have for homeroom?” I asked timidly.
“Uhh… Jamison.” He said, scratching his chin with a long, pale, black-nail-polished finger.
“Wow, so do I. The J is kind of an asshole. Don’t cross him unless you really want to start something. He’s also kind of a perv.” I shuddered. “But you’re safe, he’s totally straight.”
Braxton looked at me curiously. “Has he ever…” he trailed off, focusing intently on my face.
“I don’t wanna talk about it.” I looked down at my neon green chucks.
He put his hand on my shoulder. “You don’t have to.” He said sweetly. We walked into homeroom and took seats in the back corner.
“So where did you live before moving to hell on earth?” I asked slyly.
“In Las Vegas actually.” He said. “There was more … people like me down there…” he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
It seemed he was keeping something from me, but I let it slip. “So, Vegas eh? City of lights and scantily clad women. Have any girlfriends back in your town?” I asked casually.
He looked at me with cautious eyes. “No.” he replied simply. Raising his legs onto another chair, he held my gaze.
“Well, now you have new girls to pick and choose!” I said raucously, whilst flicking off The J as he walked in.
Braxton looked at me up and down, the expression in his eyes, his beautiful eyes, was a questioning one. He turned in his seat to give his attention to The J.
“Alright, children! Settle down!! We have a new student in our school.” He looked down at his clipboard to check the name. “Braxton? Would you mind coming up and introducing yourself?” The J asked with a smile.
“Uhm, sure?” he gave a fleeting glance to me and shuffled to the front of the room. The light streaming in from the windows played in his hair while he spoke.
“ Uhmm, hey I’m Braxton, and I just moved from Las Vegas…My favorite color is black, and I’ve already made a new friend.” He ended and stood in the front, waiting for further instruction from The J.
“And who would that new friend be Mr. Xavier?” The J asked him.
“Skai.” He gestured to my seat in the back. I blushed and smiled sheepishly back at him.
Mr. Jamison became flustered and muttered something like “you shouldn’t go near her.” under his breath and Braxton took that as a sign to take his leave.
He sauntered to the back of the room and took his seat next to me. The normal classroom activity started up almost immediately. He fiddled with my rubber bangles on my left arm and stared at me with his grey-blue eyes. I was totally fixed in his gaze unable and unwilling to break it.

Sign up to rate and review this story