Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Strawberry taste and tattoos

Summer insanity

by Hamano_Asuka 0 reviews

Ichigo and Renji goes on a summer vacation to get away from everyone. But they end up taking Rukia with them and their vacation is not as quiet as they wish it could be. However Rukia has nothing t...

Category: Bleach - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji, Kuchiki Rukia, Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-03-04 - Updated: 2006-03-04 - 4254 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own bleach though it would be fun if I did.
Note: I'm starting a new bleach ff. it's also about these two lovely boys and of course Rukia has a part too. I love messing with these two. But it doesn't mean that this ff is finished yet. I still have the line up for at least three more chapters... Anyway chapter one in my new ff should come up soon. When I can make up a decent title to it. So be on the look out for it.

Chapter Nine - Summer insanity

The sun was gazing down on her as she was lying alone on the beach. It truly was a perfect day for going to the beach. It was arm, the sun shone and there was almost no wind or clouds. Rukia turned to lie on her stomach and pushed the sunglasses higher up on her nose. She had borrowed them from Ichigo and they were a little big. She searched the beach for the boys. They had gone to buy ice-cream, but that had been twenty minutes ago. "Honestly. Those two." She sighed and picked out a magazine from her bag. Without thinking she did it with her left arm and the pain that followed reminded her of the car crash ten weeks earlier. She had thought about replacing the gigai, but then she had changed her mind. It was too much trouble, so she had just decided to endure the pain. Who knew, maybe there was a lesson to be learned from this. She sighed. "Yeah, right."
Now school was out for summer. Ichigo and Renji had planned a trip away from everyone, since Ichigo grew more and more tired of being interrupted. In the end they had invited Rukia too, seeing how she would be a little lonely otherwise. But they had been glad to find out that her room had been placed way down the hall, and the fact that there were decent locks on the doors brought them great relief.
Rukia started reading an article about some new actor, but her mind didn't really focus on it. She kept looking for the boys.
Another ten minutes later, they came walking with ice-cream in their hands.
"Took you long enough."
Renji smiled and handed her an ice-cream.
"Well, it was a long line."
"Sure. And is the long line also the reason for the hickey on Ichigo's neck?"
Both the boys blushed and Rukia giggled.
"You two never change."
Ichigo pushed Renji lightly in the chest and then leaned in close.
"Told you! You're a little to eager sometimes," he whispered.
The blush on Renji's cheeks grew deeper.
"Shut up! You had no complains back then."
Now it was Ichigo's blush which deepened. Rukia started laughing.
"What's so funny?"
"You two! Did you have to ask?"
Renji glared at her.
"And why are we so funny then."
"It's just that sometimes you act like a couple that has been married for twenty-five years."
Ichigo smacked her lightly on her head. She rubbed her hand were he had smacked her and then she started laughing again.
"Well, I'm glad you find it so funny," said Renji with a sarcastic tone.
When Ichigo had finished his ice-cream he laid down on his towel and basket a little in the sun. Until Renji got in the way of the sun's rays.
"Renji, you're blocking away the sun."
"I was thinking of going for a swim. Care to tag along?"
"Sure that's wise? You just ate."
"It was just a tiny ice-cream. Come on. Or maybe you're afraid of the water."
"Afraid?! Maybe I just don't like the thought of drowning."
Renji put out his tongue, quickly threw out the word 'chicken' and then ran for his life toward the water. Ichigo wasn't slow to get on his feet and ran after Renji. When the water was about waist high, he caught up with Renji. He pushed him down and held his head under the water for a few seconds. When Renji got back up to the surface, he was coughing heavily.
"Are you trying to kill me?"
"Like it would be that easy to kill you? You probably have more lives than a cat."
Renji pulled Ichigo close.
"Maybe. But how many have you?"
Now it was Renji's turn to push Ichigo under the water. Ichigo struggled and when he got back to the surface, he glared at Renji.
"You started it!"
Ichigo smirked and moved closer. Renji backed away a little. He didn't really like that playful look in Ichigo's eyes. It meant trouble.
"Who's the chicken now?"
"I'm not stupid! I won't just let you push me under the water again."
Renji kept backing away and Ichigo followed, with a constant smirk on his face. The water became deeper and deeper. The waves also got bigger and bigger. It became quite hard to move, when the waves came and blurred their vision.
"Soon you can't keep on walking."
"Then I'll just have to start swimming."
Renji turned his head to see when the next wave was coming and at that moment Ichigo saw his chance. He increased his speed, caught Renji's right arm and pulled him close to kiss him.
"Ow! That still hurts."
Ichigo looked surprised at Renji. Then he remembered the accident ten weeks ago.
"Sorry, man! I forgot."
"Damn right you did! You wanna break it again, now that it finally healed?!"
"Let me give you some comfort," Ichigo said and kissed Renji.
When the wave came they were temporarily separated, but it didn't take them long time to find each other. Renji leaned down to kiss Ichigo's neck, but Ichigo quickly backed away.
"Hey! No way am I letting you near my neck again."
"What?!"
"You're dangerous! I'll end up with another hickey and Rukia will tease me even more."
"I promise I'll be gentle," Renji smirked.
"Hah! You can't be gentle!"
Renji pulled Ichigo close and kissed him on the neck, totally ignoring Ichigo's words.
"Renji... that's not being ge..."
Another wave came over them and Renji used this opportunity to escape from Ichigo. When Ichigo hade wiped away the water from his eyes, he saw that Renji had gotten quite far.
"Yeah! You better run, cause when I catch up with you, gentle is the last thing I'll be!"


Later they were sitting at the hotel-bar, drinking some refreshing juice and laughing on Rukia's expense. It was very obvious that she had been to long in the sun. Her skin was almost glowing red and her face was the worst. Renji poked her carefully just out of pure curiosity. She screamed out loudly.
"Get your hand of me!"
"Hey Rukia! Why are you so red?"
"I burned myself in the sun! Okay?!"
Renji smirked and Ichigo laughed.
"You know, you're supposed to put on sunscreen like every hour. And on a day like today it's more like every half-hour."
"How was I suppose to know that?!"
Ichigo held up the tub with sunscreen.
"It says so. Right here."
"Shut up!"
Rukia blushed, but it was hardly seen because of her sunburn.
"We got to take a picture of this!"
"No! I won't allow that!"
"Renji, why don't you get the camera? I'll keep her here. She's not going anywhere until we have a picture of this. It can be useful."
"Renji! Don't you dare do as he says!"
Renji smirked and went of to get the camera.
"Renji! Come back her! Renji!"
Ignoring Rukia's every word; Renji kept walking away, with a smirk on his face.

Renji walked out of the room and locked it. In his hand he held the camera he had been sent up to get. Just thinking of the pictures on the film, made him laugh. Rukia had got herself into quite some trouble during this trip and every time either him or Ichigo had been there to take a little snapshot of it. "Lot's of pictures, perfect for blackmailing if so ever needed."
As he turned round the corner in the end of the hall, he bumped into someone. A small thump was heard as the other person touched the ground.
"Ow!"
With sky-blue angered eyes staring at him, Renji blushed. Before him on the ground sat a young girl. Renji guessed she was about Ichigo's age.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't see you. I..."
"Idiot! Watch where you're going!"
Renji reached out his hand to help her up. She grabbed it and he pulled her up. Clumsily she stumbled into Renji's chest. When she looked up on Renji, it was she who blushed.
"Thank you."
She stepped away.
"It was I who put you on the floor. Might as well help you up. There's nothing to thank for."
"You're quite the gentleman, I see."
"Me?! You gotta be kidding me! You don't know me."
She put a hand on his cheek.
"From what I've seen so far, you are."
She leaned forward to kiss him. Renji backed away quickly.
"I'm sorry, but I already have a boyfriend."
Her eyes widened.
"You... have a... boyfriend?"
"Yeah. Got a problem with that?"
She waved her hands in front of her face.
"No, no, no."
Then her face changed into something what Renji interpreted as playful. She moved closer.
"And do you love him?"
Renji backed away.
"Of course I do!"
"How much?"
She kept moving closer and Renji had to keep moving backwards. But soon he could feel the wall against his back. "Shit! Trapped!"
"I love him... very much."
"Oh, really? Can't I make you change your mind?"
She put her hand on Renji's cheek and smiled.
"No... you can't. Please just move. I don't want to hurt you."
She smiled even wider. "Shit! I can't just hit her or anything. She's a girl, for fuck sake! What should I do?" She moved closer and kissed him. Roughly she put her lips against his. Her hand was placed on his chest.
"Renji... what's... why are you... who is she?"
Renji turned his head toward the sound of Ichigo's voice. "Fuck!" The girl also looked at Ichigo and smirked. Then she moved even closer.
"Maybe you should tell him about us?"
Ichigo's eyes widened.
"Renji," he whispered with a shivering voice.
Now Renji didn't care whether she was a girl or a demon. He pushed her of. She fell to the floor and a sound of pain came over her lips.
"Ichigo, it's not what it looks like! I've never seen her before just now. I don't even know her name. I just accidentally bumped into her and..."
He reached out his hand toward Ichigo, but Ichigo stepped away. In his eyes was a mixture of fear and sorrow. The girl had gotten up to her feet and now she put her arms around Renji.
"Why are you lying like that, sweetheart?"
Renji pushed her of.
"Get of me!"
Her face shifted and suddenly she looked sad.
"You promised! You promised me that you would leave him!"
Renji stared at her in shock.
"I haven't promised you anything! I don't even know who you are!"
He turned to Ichigo, who was just standing there, too shocked to do or say anything.
"Ichigo, please believe me. I don't know who she is. Everything she says is lies."
"I... I... why Renji? Why?"
"What?! Do you believe her? She's the one who's lying!"
Ichigo's eyes went blank.
"I saw you, Renji. I saw you two up against the wall. I saw you kissing her. And you want me to believe that you never met her before?!"
"Ichigo... You believe her? Over me? I love you! And I would never do such a thing toward you!"
"Bullshit! I saw you!"
Renji reached out and grabbed Ichigo's arm. Ichigo tried to shake him of.
"Let go of me!"
"Ichigo, please... Believe me."
"Why should I?"
Ichigo snatched his arm back, clenched his fist and punched Renji right between the eyes. Renji staggered backward as put a hand over his face. Tears blurred his vision and when he finally got his sight back, Ichigo was gone. But the girl was still there. She was smiling and Renji knew now to interpret that smile as evil.
"Why did you do that?! What do you get out of it?! Answer me!"
She laughed and Renji understood now that this girl wasn't sane. Her laughter brought shivers down his spine.
"Because it was fun."
She laughed even louder.
"Fun? Man, this girl is really not sane."
"And now that he is out of the way..."
The girl moved in on Renji.
"... we can finish what we started."
"We're not gonna finish anything, because we never started anything."
Renji pushed her of and ran to find Ichigo.


"Where did those two go now? I thought they were just going to get the camera. That shouldn't take this long. Really, they will never change."
She looked up and saw Ichigo come running. She saw that he seemed upset.
"Ichigo. What's wron...?"
He passed her without even looking at her. As if he didn't even notice her.
"Did he not see me?" She looked at him running away and then she heard someone else come running behind her back. She turned around again. Now it was Renji who came racing at her and past her as if she was invisible.
"What's going on?"


Renji cursed and threw his hand into the cliff wall with full power. He had lost sight of Ichigo for two seconds and now he was gone. Renji had looked everywhere and finally ended up on this cliff, overlooking the whole beach and the ocean. But nowhere could he see Ichigo.
Again he struck his hand in the cliff. The pain spread through his arm, but he ignored it and hit the cliff again. "Ichigo! I'm sorry. I love you... I love you... I love you!"
"I LOVE YOU, ICHIGO!"
He closed his eyes and kept hitting the cliff. And even though it hurt and his hand started bleeding, he didn't stop. The pain was nothing compared to what he felt inside. The blood was only the tears that would not come. "Why do I bleed, when I can not shed even one tear? Why does my heart still beat, even though it seems broken? Why am I still breathing?"
He struck at the cliff again, but instead of hitting hard rock, it hit something soft. He opened his eyes and saw Rukia standing there with his hand in her tiny hands.
"Renji, you're bleeding!"
He looked away. He did not want to see the sadness in her eyes.
"What happened, Renji?"
Renji snatched his hand back and then he hit the cliff wall again.
"Renji! Stop that!"
Rukia placed herself between Renji and the cliff.
"What is going on?! Did you two have a fight?"
"You have nothing to do with that!"
Renji pushed Rukia aside and prepared for another strike at the cliff wall. But as he struck at it, Rukia jumped in between and was hit in the face. Her little body absorbed the blow and flew into the cliff wall. After she had hit the wall, she gasped for air and then fell to her knees.
"RUKIA! Have you gone mad?! Why did you do that?"
She looked up at him. Blood was running down from her nose and it looked kind of broken. She wiped the blood away.
"Why are you hurting yourself?"
"Don't answer my question with another question! Why did you do that?!"
"Because you're my best friend and I love you for that! Now tell me what the hell happened!"
Renji turned away from her.
"Renji! Stop being so damn stubborn!"
He turned and faced her with anger.
"Stop interfering with my life! It's mine and Ichigo's relationship! You're not part of it! Stop trying to make everything right! Just let us handle it by ourselves!"
"Well it doesn't seem like you can handle it by yourselves! And I think I know why! It's because you two are so god damn stubborn and won't talk or listen to each other!"
"It's not me that won't listen! Ichigo came up in just the wrong moment and saw this stupid, insane girl kiss me and when I tried to talk with him, he ran away!"
"You... you kissed someone else."
Renji let anger take control over him.
"You're not listening either! She kissed me! SHE! I did not kiss her! If you want to know what happened then maybe you should try listening! I don't need to talk to another person that won't listen!"
Rukia shrugged back. The anger in Renji's eyes scared her. But when he saw that she shrugged back, he realized what he had just done and calmed down a bit.
"Sorry, Rukia. I didn't mean to..."
"I'm... I... but why... why did she kiss...?"
Renji took a deep breath and felt how the anger slowly rushed of him.
"I went to get the camera. When I had found it and was on my way back down, I turned round the corner at the end of the hall and crashed into her. She fell to the ground, so I helped her up. And then she wanted to thank me."
"Yeah. Nice 'thank you'. A kiss or two."
"Will you just shut up and spare me your comments."
Renji took another deep breath.
"Anyway. I backed away and told her that I had a boyfriend and then it was like her whole personality changed."
"Maybe she doesn't like the fact of two boys..."
"Will you shut up?!"
Rukia shrugged back.
"Thank you. Anyway, she pushed me back up against the wall and kissed me. And of course, that was also just the moment when Ichigo had to come."
"Well I can see why he would be upset. But why wouldn't he believe you, if you told him the truth. I'm assuming that this is the truth."
"Of course it is! I'm starting to believe that you don't believe me either."
"Of course I do, Renji. It's just that, well... I just can't see why Ichigo wouldn't believe you."
"Did you think that she stopped with just a kiss? No, she kept talking like we had been seeing each other for months. She was saying things like: 'You promised me that you would leave him' and then she called me 'sweetheart'."
"Sweetheart?! Like you would ever allow that."
Renji snorted.
"Then Ichigo ran away and I asked her why she done all that. She just laughed and said that she did it because it was fun."
"She sounds really mentally deranged. But I can see how Ichigo had trouble in believing you. You two were probably not her first victims. I think she knew exactly what she was doing."
"When would I have time to have an affair with someone?! Between hunting hollows and Ichigo, I barely have time to sleep!"
"Well maybe Ichigo thought that you've been lying all the time when you said you were of hunting hollows."
Renji sat down on the edge of the cliff. Thoughts raced through his mind and the tears that had refused to come earlier, threatened to break trough.
"Why won't he believe me? It's almost been a year now, since that first... Why won't he trust me?"
Rukia sat down next to him.
"I don't know. I'm sorry Renji. I can't read minds."
Renji smiled weakly.
"Thanks Rukia. Thanks for believing me."
She smiled back at him. Then she took Renji's bleeding hand in her own hands.
"Now, let's take a look at this. What where you trying to do? Move the whole cliff?"
Renji blushed.
"I wasn't really thinking."
"Do you ever?"
She looked at the hand. The most of the blood had dried and it wasn't really that hurt. It was mostly bruises, but it looked awful.
"It looks worse then it really is. Just wash of the blood and then you will go straight to Ichigo and clear this whole mess up."
"That's easier said then done. I don't even know where he is."
"He's in your room. Can't you feel it?"
Renji took a deep breath. She was right.
"You just went looking for him like a normal human? You forgot all about spirit power and all that? Renji, do you turn your whole brain of when you stop thinking?!"
"Shut up!"
"Go and talk to him."
Renji got up on his feet.
"Thanks, Rukia. Thanks for being my friend."
Before Rukia had the time to answer, he was gone.
"You're welcome, Renji. You're welcome."
Rukia stayed on the cliff and watched as the sun set.


Renji held the key in his hand all the way back to the hotel, but just as he was about to lift the key to the lock, he saw that the door was unlocked. Slowly he pushed down the handle and entered the room.
"Ichigo?"
He was met with silence, but saw Ichigo standing by the window.
"Ichigo... please, just listen. If you don't want to believe me afterwards I just have to accept it, but just hear me out. I didn't do anything... I ..."
"I believe you."
"It was she who attacked me and I... You what?!"
Ichigo turned around.
"I said I..."
"I heard that! But why... what made you change your mind?"
"I thought about it. The conversation went trough my mind a thousand times. And I always ended up with the same conclusion."
He stopped for a while and Renji got a little impatient.
"Sweetheart?! Was she suicidal or what? Even I know not to call you something like that."
Renji smiled and suppressed the impulse of laughing.
"That why I believe you. Sorry for ever doubting you. We almost made it through a year. It shouldn't be that hard to just trust you. But I... I..."
Ichigo made eye contact with Renji and then he rushed toward Renji and threw himself into Renji's arms.
"I just get so damn jealous when I see you with someone else. Even if you're just talking. You're mine. I just want it to be you and me. No one else. Let everyone else disappear."
Renji smiled and pressed Ichigo closer.
"So I'm yours? You know, I'm not really something you own."
"Well I... I... didn't mean... I..."
Renji pushed Ichigo away a little bit. He smirked and tilted Ichigo's head slightly upwards and kissed him.
"I'm yours till the end of time," Renji said with his lips still close to Ichigo's.
"Man, that's the cheesiest thing I ever heard you say."
"I read it in some book. It's a love promise."
"What kind of crap are you reading?"
"Rukia said that I should study some modern language, so she borrowed me some books."
"And you read them?! Are you insane?! It was probably some girly novels, filled with clichés and disgusting cuteness."
"They weren't that bad."
Ichigo glared at Renji.
"You scare me sometimes."
"Hey! You like that Shakespeare dude. He wrote love stories too, you know."
"Yeah. But it's different. Those are classics."
"Whatever."
Renji kissed Ichigo again to end the conversation.


"So you two made up?"
"Yeah."
Rukia smiled at the two boys, who were now sitting very close to each other on the bed.
"And did we learn anything from this experience?"
Ichigo threw one of the pillows at Rukia.
"Stop acting like some kind of mother!"
She put out her tongue and then she laughed.
"I learned that Ichigo got one hell of a punch. Not that I didn't know that he was strong, but man! That really hurt. Did you have to go for the face?"
Ichigo sighed and Rukia laughed even louder.
"Yours aren't that bad either, Renji. You almost broke my nose. I started bleeding."
"Well it's your own fault! You jumped in the way. Unlike Ichigo, I wasn't aiming at you."
Ichigo looked at Rukia and then at Renji.
"You hit her?! And you're still drawing breath?"
"Hey! He's my dear best friend. I wouldn't hurt him."
Rukia fluttered with her eyelashes.
"Oh yeah, you would! Drop the act Rukia. The only ones falling for it are my classmates and they aren't here."
"And don't say creepy things like that! I'm not 'dear' to anyone. Not even you."
Rukia turned her head away and snorted. Ichigo leaned in on Renji.
"I'm tired of having her here right now," he whispered. "I need to talk with you and just you. Let's scare her of."
He kissed Renji on the neck before Renji fully had analyzed his words. A moan escaped his lips before he could stop it. Rukia quickly turned her head back to look at the two boys and her eyes widened.
"Hey! I'm still in here!"
Renji was the one to make the next move. He pushed Ichigo down on the bed and their lips connected. Renji moved his hand lower on Ichigo's body and Ichigo moaned loud. It was almost a little too loud and sounded almost too acted. But it had the affect they wanted. Rukia's face turned scarlet and she escaped the room. When she was out of the room, Ichigo pushed Renji of a little.
"You can cut the act now. She's gone."
Renji smirked.
"Who said I was acting?"
A faint blush spread over Ichigo's cheeks. Renji's smirk grew wider and he leaned down to finish what Ichigo had started.

End of chapter 9
Sign up to rate and review this story