Categories > Original > Fantasy > Atlantis

Atlantis

by silverkitsune89 1 review

The truth of the lost city is revealed through the memories of it's last princess.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-03-04 - Updated: 2006-03-04 - 316 words

0Unrated
Prologue

Everybody had heard the story of Atlantis. How Atlantis was a mighty nation. How it had riches and technology far greater than that of today. Everyone has heard of its people, all writers, poets, and artists. And of course, all have heard of how Atlantis, in its last hours, was swallowed by the sea, never to be heard from again.
But nobody knows how, or even why, this all happened. Soem believe it was a natural phenomenon, just another work of nature. Some believe it just ran out of life, that the people could no longer sustain themselves. Others believe it was a work of the gods, jealous that their worshippers were getting too intelligent.
It is high time for the truth to be known to all. It is time for the secrets, shrouded in mystery, to be revealed.
I, Luna Tsukasa, once Royal Princess of the city of Atlantis, will disclose to all the truth. All will know of Atlantis's strength, and all will now how its people brought about their own demise.

-~-

Atlantis was perfect. It was paradise on earth. There was no needless killing, no wars, no fighting. The people were friends with the magic folk that lived alongside them. Pixies and faeries flew freely without a care in the world. Children played hide and seek with the elves. Women and mermaids laughed and gossiped as they watched their children play. Men and trolls worked in the fields, getting ready for the harvest. We were simple.
But of course, all things, even perfection, must come to an end. Humans, by nature, continue to grow. They develop technology. They become greedy and evil. Sadly, this tale will not have an ending as pleasant as the beginning.
This is the story that was forgotten. The story Plato failed to record. All things must come to an end, even a paradise meant to be eternal.
Sign up to rate and review this story