Categories > Original > Drama

Now I Feel Like I Don't Know You...

by Lizzerriffic2137 0 reviews

Hayley is taken a-back When Josh does something she would never expect, but she doesn't know the other half yet...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-24 - Updated: 2008-08-25 - 700 words

0Unrated
Chapter One
*HAYLEY'S POV*
"I'm leaving!"
I heard footsteps running across the bus and the door slamming.
"Wait for me!"
I jumped out of my bunk and ran out the door. I ran straight into Josh, who was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. Dang it! Why am I so fricken clumsy! I felt myself turning red.
"Hey Sponge what's the hurry?"
I looked up and flashed a smile at him. I loved when he called me that.
"Running after you that's what's the hurry."
I poked his stomach and he made this insane roaring noise. I laughed.
"What are you trying to be a fricken animal?"
"I AM THE HULK! ARGHHH!"
He flexed his muscles and roared again. I copied him only louder. I jumped so I was almost his height. With that he straightened up and talked in his regular voice.
"Hayley Nichole Williams, are you challenging me?"
"All I gotta say is you ain't winnin boy!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeahhh!"
"ARRGHH!"
He bent down and picked me up and carried me around over his shoulder. I roared back and struggled a little but he held me tight. I knew that he would never let me fall.
"I will get you Joshua Neil Farro! The real Hulk will win!"
"He already has!"
"Did not!"
"Did too your the one I'm holding captive remember?"
"Hey Josh...Hayley. Hunter's waiting for you by The Academy Is'... bus just to let you know. I'll be inside with Germs kicking some butt in Guitar Hero suckaa!!"
Josh spun around.
"Hey wait Zac you be the judge-who won me or Hayley?"
"If you are wrestling then you did but if your seeing who can spin around upside down for the longest without spewing I think Hayley's the winner."
I laughed out loud. Zac always knows when to crack a joke.
"Oh whoops.Sorry Hayles..."
Josh carefully lowered me down and set me on the ground. Secretly I didn't want to go down, but I knew I had to eventually so I didn't say anything.
"So I guess we both win."
I smiled to myself as I watched him think. Josh always thinks a lot before he says anything, which is good because he usually doesn't say too many things he regrets later, at least around me I think.
"Yeah it's a tie."
His gaze met mine and for what seemed like forever we just stood there-looking at each other. It was the most amazing feeling, I don't know why. Whenever I'm around Josh I can feel his energy, and right now it was stronger than usual, probably because it was directed at only me. His eyes were so nice when the sun hit them...-I was knocked out of my trance by Josh's finger poking my cheek.
I laughed and put my hands on my hips.
"You never take me seriously do you Farro?"
"Of course I do."
"Ok, if you say so."
Something inside me knew he really meant it. I returned to studying my shoes. I really love being around Josh I wish he would stay with me more...
"So what's up Hayles."
"What?"
"You wanted to see me before.."
"Oh...nothing I just wanted to say bye is that a problem?"
He smiled warmly and hugged me tight.
"Never."
I loosed a little and looked up at him.
"So where are you going?"
"I don't know yet somewhere with the guys probably just hanging around...maybe play some football or something."
I tried to suppress a frown but I could tell he knew i was disappointed. Josh has been hanging around with all "the guys" from the bands at warped tour ever since we got here.
I understand he was excited that he fit in with all the dudes here already and it was our first time going to warped and so was I but I'm worried about him. He's only barely 18
and most of the guys are in their 20s. I don't know, maybe I'm just being selfish because he's not hanging out with me. Besides, it's not like I can tell him what to do and who
to see, a guys gotta figure out things himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story