Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Crash Into My Arms

Did You Hit Your Head Or Something?

by wheresyourheart 8 reviews

Amanda (Casey) talks with Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2008-09-03 - Updated: 2009-04-12 - 662 words

5Original
Let's be honest here; I was freaking out. This was Gerard Way, after all, but I kept my composure as I looked him up and down. A bit chubbier than his future self, but it fit. Of course it makes him more attractive to me because I know that someday he'd be even more gorgeous and in an amazing band.

We stood face-to-face. "Uh... hi, Amanda," he said, stuttering slightly.

Noticing his X-Men comicbook in his left hand, I asked, "What one's that?" and pointed in the book's direction.

"The one where Wolverine---" he had started off excitedly, but paused to ask suspiciously, "Why do you want to know?"

"Why wouldn't I want to know?" I asked.

He sighed, and in a moment of bravery told me, "I don't know. You've just been known to be a real bitch about it."

I cleared my throat and gave him an amused look, "Excuse me?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. You're not a bitch," he said, backtracking and looking nervous.

"It's fine," I told him, a little upset that he knew me as a bitch.

He looked at me with distrust and said, "Um, are you feeling alright?"

"Why do you ask?" I said, figuring that I wasn't acting like Amanda Matthews usual acted. Not like I knew her or anything, but just based on her friends, closet, room, house, and good looks, it was an educated guess.

"Did you, um, hit your head or something?" he asked me. Suddenly I remembered something, but it was a memory I just couldn't grasp.

"I'm... not sure," I replied, trying hard to remember, but as soon as it had come, the foggy memory was gone.

"You should go to the nurse or something. You don't look like you feel too good," he said, biting his lip.

I took a breath in, "I think I'll be alright."

"Okay," he paused, then continued, "I need to get going." He turned and started to walk away, but I stopped him.

"Wait!" I yelped, feeling more panicky than I had this morning when I'd first found out that I was no longer Casey Stone.

Slowly, he turned, and I knew he wanted to just get rid of me, but I didn't know what else to do. It kind of hurt to be unwanted by Gerard Way, but I'd get over it. Maybe. "What?" he said.

"Can, you, uh sh-show me, um... like, where to go and, uh, help me?" I said, stumbling over my words.

I saw him swallow and hesitate, "Sure."

So we walked together to the school building in silence. I broke it by saying, "So, what do you like for music?"

"Uh..." He looked at me, "Misfits. Smashing Pumpkins. And I really like Iron Maiden."

"Smashing Pumpkins?" I asked.

"Why, what's wrong with them?" he said defensively.

"Nothing, just didn't take you as a pumpkin head."

"What do you like?" he asked.

"Um..." I tried thinking of what bands were out now. "I like the misfits, too. And Green Day."

"Green Day?" he asked, as if he'd never heard of them.

"Yeah."

"Who's that?"

What year was it? 1991? '92? Whoops.

"Oh, they're, uh, my cousin's friend's band," I said, thinking quick. We had now entered the doors and were walking up a flight of stairs. Soon enough we were in a small classroom with a bored-looking pregnant woman at a desk.

I looked at him, said, "Uh, we're in the same homeroom?"

He looked hurt, but said, "Yeah. You usually sit in the front with Jenna and Meghan. I sit in the back."

"Oh," I said, "Sorry, I just... I'm not myself today."

Nodding, he said, "I can tell." We locked eyes for a few seconds longer than I would have with anyone else, then he took a seat. I looked at the group of girly-girls in the front, beckoning me to sit with them.

Then I walked right by them to sit with Gerard.
Sign up to rate and review this story