Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

Maybe staring isn't so bad

by BlaqueFlames 0 reviews

You/??? You were hyper and cussing out anyone who stared. When you see him staring you tick him off.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Haru, Kyo, Tohru, Yuki, and Ayame - Published: 2005-05-13 - Updated: 2005-05-13 - 3909 words

-1TrainWreck
Blaque Flames: Hi! ^_^ This is my first fic. Your name is Ying Yamano and you have a sister named Yang.
==============Story start================
"Quit staring, fruitcake!" You snap at another passerby that's sending you a strange look. Their eyes widen and they immediately quicken their pass. You anime smile to yourself and continue dancing down the street. So you're a little strange. It's not really your fault, as it is the rocket candy's! Some people get high off of drugs; you get high off of rocket candy!

"Weirdo!" Someone yells at you. You turn, put your hands on your hips, and glare.

"Keep quiet, numbskull, or I'll whack you upside the head with your cane!" You retort, making the old mans eyes widen. He hobbles away, grumbling under his breath about how youngsters are so disrespectful to their elders. Pfft, disrespectful your ass! He's the one who called you a weirdo!!!

You continue skipping off down the street, basking in the sunlight's warm rays. So, while you continue to skip down the street and throw insults towards anyone who so much as stares at you, I suppose I'll give a little background information on you.

You are Ying Yamano, a stranger person of Kaibara High School. Usually, you're not so cocky and obnoxious, but rather nice and considerate.. But that's when you haven't had rocket candy; your hyper ignition, or so to say. You've only made friends with a few people, mainly the Sohma's and Tohru Honda. You've even met Hatori, which led to an awful meeting with Akito and this awkward hour of trying to get the head of the Sohma family to trust you. He conceded only when Hatori and Shigure convinced him you were quite trustworthy.

And the reason you had to convince Akito of your trust? Well, quite simply, because this little blonde pretty much glomped you and suddenly poofed into a rabbit. So, you were told all about the family's curse, including Haru's split personality. You'd only seen it once and the experience was.. nerve-wrecking. You didn't know what to do and were sort of scared of Black Haru.

Of course, the curse doesn't really matter anymore, since it was defeated. You don't even know how, and none of them will tell you. You simply accepted it. Erm, let it be known, that the curse may be gone, but Haru's split-personality still remains. You shudder each time you think of when him and Kyo get into a fight.. It turned bloody quite a few times!

Just recently, you met Ayame, a rather interesting fellow. You went into his shop and were somehow conned into buying something.. You're not even sure how it happened, but he managed to convince you to do so. So, deciding that it would be stupid to let a good dress go to waste, you are wearing it now, with a pair of light blue sandals to match the light blue sundress. The only problem you have with it, is that it's so light and loose, that you almost feel naked in it. None the less, you like it!

Anyways, back to the present.. You turn the corner, humming a loud, cheery tune to yourself, when you hear someone snort. You turn, glaring darkly, to find that it's Kyo! Your glare immediately disappears and you smile wide.

"Hello Kyo!" You chirp. He rolls his eyes.

"What're you doing?" He asks, coldly.

"Standing here talking to you, stupid, what's it look like?" You ask, anime smiling again. He sweatdrops and rubs the side of his head, asking silently how he's come to know you.

"I meant, what have you been up to?" He asks, through grit teeth.

"Oh?" You laugh slightly. "I've been having rocket candy!"

His eyes widen and his sweatdrop grows into two.

"Well, gotta go then. See ya later!" You stare, slightly confused, as he suddenly just zips away. You decide to just shrug it off and continue down the street. You have a bit more of your precious rocket candy and continue on, feeling all the more hyper.

After a few more insults and whatnot, you come upon a beach. Your smile widens considerably, and run down there. You pull your blue sandals off and walk a little ways into the water. You feel someone touch the side of your foot and screech loudly, jumping out of the water abruptly and backing away. You stare down at the water, not seeing anything! You shudder to yourself.

"The water.. is possessed." You murmur. And to make this moment all the more creepier, you suddenly get the feeling that you're being watched. You narrow your eyes and turn around, your eyes turning into small slits. Staring avidly at you, with a brow raised, is a guy with white hair with black roots, and grey eyes; Hatsuharu Sohma. You put your hands on your hips and stomp over to him.

"Why are you staring at me, you stupid cow?!" You snap, loudly. A brow twitches as his eyes darken slightly. "I mean, really! Why the hell is everyone staring at me!? And calling me names and whatnot! I didn't do anything to you people, so stop staring!" Stupidly, you don't recognize the fact that his facial expression has turned dark and his eyes are completely black. "I am not a weird person or some theme park attraction, so you have no right to stare at me!"

"Would you shut the hell up?!" He growls out as he reaches forward and pulls you over his shoulder. You shriek indignantly, all hyperness gone, and beat down on his back.

"This could be considered kidnapping!" You cry.

"And this," He pinches your bum, making you shriek in surprise. "could be considered sexual harassment!"

You blush a crimson red and let your hair cover your face, although he wouldn't even see it anyways.

"Haru, can't you put me down?" You whine, shifting uncomfortably.

"You should have known better than to piss me off, Ying Yamano." He replies, in a low, vengeful voice. An involuntary shiver runs up your spine, and he smirks to himself.

"Y-you're not really mad, are you, Haru?" You whisper, chewing on your lower lip. You've seen him fight with Kyo, and you know damned well that you wouldn't be able to defend yourself a damned bit! A sinister laugh is what answers you and you frown deeply. Black Haru is kinda scary, and you don't know how to handle him..

Much to your worry, Haru leads you out deep into the woods and, you hate to realize, away from civilization. Maybe if you run really fast, you can find Shigure or Yuki or Kyo.. or hell, maybe even Hatori or.. okay, not Akito! He'd probably kill you or something. Haru finally sets you down and you immediately take off running in a direction. An annoyed growl sounds from beside you and you let out a gasp of surprise as you hear footsteps racing behind you.

"Haru, don't do anything you'll regret!" You call over your shoulder, earning a snicker from him. You soon find yourself being tackled to the ground, making you shriek, again, in surprise. You tense up as he pulls your hair away and puts his lips down next to yours. Why won't he just get off you?! You feel uncomfortable in this position! Plus, you can feel his manhood hardening against your backside.

"Are you wishing you hadn't taunted me, Ying?" He whispers in your ear, making you tremble slightly. You don't know if he wants you to answer or not. You gasp in surprise as his teeth nibble on the soft part of your ear, making you close your eyes to enjoy this blissful feeling more. He pulls away and pulls himself up slightly, roughly pulling you so you're on your backside. You snap your eyes open as he straddles your stomach, peering down at you. Coming to your senses, you squirm beneath him, flailing your hands around in an attempt to hit him. He growls once again and grabs your hands, pinning them above your head.

"Would you stop struggling?!" He hisses. You stare up at him incredulously.

"Would you?" You ask, your jaw agape. He smirks and leans down. Your brows immediately rise up as you simply stare at him, unsure of what he's going to do. His lips hover an inch above yours, and they're curled in a smirk. Your breathing accelerates as your pulse races. What the hell?! Why is he making you feel this way?

"Do you want this, woman?" He asks, in a low, husky voice. You stare into his blackened eyes, your own wide with unsure. He lowers his head a little more and runs his tongue over your lower lip, making it tremble. Bloody hell woman, if that doesn't make you say yes, I don't know what will!

Without even realizing you've said it, the word yes escapes your lips. He smirks wide and leans down, capturing your lips in his and delving into it furiously. You respond to the best of your ability, as you aren't that experienced in this. Haru thinks otherwise. He nibbles on your lower lip, making you split your lips apart to let out a pleasured moan. He immediately dives his tongue in, running it over yours and tasting you hard. He releases his hold on your hands and you immediately put your hands in his hair, making sure he doesn't pull away from you.

He pulls his tongue away and you let out a small growl of frustration at its loss. He simply smirks and kisses down your jaw to your neck, where he nibbles at the pulsing vein that's sticking out. You let your head fall back, your breathing heavy from having lost so much breath from the kiss. Another moan erupts from your throat, making him nearly go over the edge with arousal. He begins kissing down your collarbone, ending up at the cleavage of your dresses low neckline. He nips at your breast, making you arch your back in ecstasy.

"Ying!?!?!" A voice calls from at the opposite end of the woods. Haru pulls away, growling in anger in frustration. Your eyes widen as you look up at Haru, realizing in full that you have just made out with Black Hatsuharu Sohma. How far would it have bloody gone?! Kyo and Yuki come into view. Both of their eyes widen at the sight before them; Haru straddling a wide-eyed you.

"Haru, what the hell's the matter with you?!" Kyo yells, running forward and pulling Haru off of you. Haru swings a fist at Kyo.

"You stupid cat!!" He shouts, his eyes seeming more dark and angry than ever. Yuki walks around Kyo and Haru as they fight each other viciously, and kneels down beside you.

"Ying," He queries, softly. "Are you alright."

"I- I-" You turn away, embarrassed and ashamed, not wanting to meet his eyes. You know better than to just agree to kissing Black Haru. He's dangerous and could have done horrible things to you! Besides, you're not that type of girl! You don't just go around making out with your friends!! Yuki hugs you in a brotherly way, and you're mentally thanking god that the curse was taken away.

"Get away from her!!" Haru snarls, pulling Yuki off of you roughly. Your eyes widen as you watch Haru face both Yuki and Kyo. He lunges towards the both of them, more angry than you've ever seen him. Both boys have no choice but to defend themselves, swinging back in anger. You cringe as Haru's lip cracks open, bleeding slightly. He doesn't back down, though, and simply lunges towards Kyo, who landed the punch.

Not wanting to watch this any longer, you quickly get up onto your feet, tears filling your eyes. You can't stand to see your friends fight like this. It's not right!

"Stop it!!" You cry, making them turn to face you. You quickly walk forward and drop down beside Haru. You wrap your arms around his waist, burying your face in his side.

"Don't fight them, Haru, please!" You whisper, your tears choking through your words. His black eyes turn back to their regular grey and he puts a hand on top of your head.

"I'm sorry, Ying." He whispers. You look up, through tear-stained eyes, feeling quite relieved that he's back to normal. You smile weakly.

"Thank you." You whisper. You release your hold on him and wipe your tears away, looking down towards the ground.

"Perhaps we should head home and get cleaned up. Tohru might be worried." Yuki states. You simply nod, deciding that you don't really care how Tohru knows about this. You stand up and walk in between Yuki and Haru, staring down at the ground. If you had just not taunted Haru, this would never have happened. You're never going to eat rocket candy again!

.......

Um, never mind.

-------

[One week later]

"Ying!" You let out an annoyed grunt at hearing this voice pull you from your sleeping stupor. You look up at your guardian and sister, Yang, and see that she's holding up some weird sort of dress. Okay, do you even want to know why she's got this?! You sit up, rubbing the sleep from your eyes, and open one eye towards her.

"It's Saturday; don't I get the right to sleep in?" You ask, groggily. She laughs lightly and shakes her head.

"Today's the day, stupid!" She replies; you blink.

"The day for what?!" You reply. She smacks a hand against her forehead.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten." She asks, looking irritated. "You have to go sing for those kids at the library!"

"Oh no." You whisper to yourself. You drop down and put a hand to your forehead, moaning as though you're in agony. "I don't feel good.."

"Oh, don't pull that stunt with me!" She responds, pulling you out of bed. "You have an hour. Get ready, or else!"

"Get ready, or else." You mimic, once she's left the room. None the less, you pull the ensemble on. It's a light blue, ruffled skirt that has this upside down v-slit in the front that has a black material showing underneath. As a shirt, you wear a black button-up shirt with the top button undone. The sleeves only go three quarters and they're rolled over once. You sit down and pull on some velvety black boots that go up to your knees, before standing up and looking in the mirror. Well, hopefully you'll look presentable.. Of course, it's in front of kids, so you highly doubt you'll have a problem!

Yang comes in the room and practically squeals with delight at your ensemble. You blush slightly and lower your head, smiling to yourself. She scurries forward and runs a brush through your long tresses.

"What song are you singing for them?" She asks, pleasantly.

"Well, I was thinking of 'How Does It Feel'." You reply.

"I think that's a good choice." She says, smiling even wider.

"Do many people know about this?" You ask, softly.

"Well, it was posted in the newspaper, and there were flyers set up, and-"

"Never mind!" You interrupt, glumly. She smiles and turns you to face her.

"You'll knock 'em dead, kiddo, no worries there." She says, winking at you. You smile to yourself, glad that you have a sister who's so supportive of you. "Alright, let's go get this show on the road!"

You simply nod and clamber out to the car. You crack a smile to yourself, knowing that Shigure would have something to say about you wearing a short skirt like this. You shake your head, pushing away thoughts of the Sohma's. You've been avoiding them for the entire week, as you're not really sure what to say. They all know what happened, and you know they want to ask questions, but you can't even answer your own questions, so how could you answer theirs?

At the library, you step out of the car and head inside. The Kaibara library is awfully large, and just your luck, they set up a stage all for little ole you! Just great!

You sigh to yourself and look around. Oh heaven and hell, this is not good!! Not only are there no kids, but they're all teens, and the Sohma's are in the crowd. Your breath draws up in your throat as you begin to worry. Yang puts a hand on your shoulder.

"What're you worried about? The crowd's not that bad!" She teases. You simply laugh nervously and nod.

"Ying!" You, along with the Sohma's, turn to see this voice. You smile wide as you see Tohru. You quickly run over to her and give her a quick hug.

"It seems like we haven't talked in forever." She says. You smile and nod.

"I'm sorry, I've been shelled up at home." You respond.

"Why?" A concerned voice asks from behind you. You nearly jump out of your skin and turn around to find that it's Shigure, along with all the other Sohma's, minus Akito, Hatori, and Kagura. You smile reassuringly towards Shigure, who asked the question.

"No reason, really." You murmur. Yuki, Kyo, and Haru, all exchange looks of disbelief. You ignore it to the best of your ability.

"Are you excited about this, Ying?!" Tohru asks, smiling wide.

"To be honest, I feel like I'm going to throw up." You reply.

"Well stay away from me." Ayame jokes. You smile but it's immediately replaced with a nervous grimace as the library's curator taps your shoulder.

"We're ready, Ying." She says.

"Yay." You say, dryly. She simply smiles and ushers you over to the stage. You put a hand to your nervous stomach. Okay, you have got to find something that'll keep you calm!

"I'll announce you in five minutes, okay?" The curator suggests. You simply smile and take a seat on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the library. You put a hand in the water and run your hands through it, the coolness of it soothing you.

"Is this seat taken?" You jump once again and look up, apprehensively noticing it's Haru.

"S-sure." You motion for him to have a seat. He smiles slightly and sits down, his grey eyes studying you deeply. You look down at the water, afraid to look him in the eyes. You still don't know how you feel about what happened.

"I'm sorry." He murmurs. You look up sharply, your eyes looking deeply into his. "What happened shouldn't have happened. It's my fault and-" He doesn't continue as you throw your arms around him in a hug.

"Hatsuharu Sohma, I accept your black side and anything about you and I'm sorry I've been such a jerk by hiding from everyone this week!" You blurt out. His eyes widen as he returns your hug.

"You aren't the one that's supposed to apologize, Ying." He says softly, putting a hand on your head and petting slightly. You simply continue holding him as you rest your head against his shoulder, smiling to yourself. When you finally pull away, it's with a wide smile.

"I have to go sing. Can we talk afterwards?" He smiles himself and nods, watching as you scurry to the side of the stage, as the curator announces you. You climb up the stairs onto the stage and stand in the middle, the microphone coming just up to your shoulders. You take a deep breath and look over at Haru, who gives you an encouraging grin. You open your mouth, and the words simply flow out.

I'm not afraid of anything
I just need to know that I can breathe
I don't need much of anything
But suddenly, suddenly

I am small and the world is big
All around me is fast moving
Surrounded by so many things
But suddenly, suddenly

How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

I'm young, and I am free
But I get tired, and I get weak
I get lost, and I can't sleep
But suddenly, suddenly

How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel?

Would you comfort me
Would you cry with me;

Ahh, ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah
Ahh, ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah
ahh, ahh-ah

I am small and the world is big
But I'm not afraid of anything;

How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel, to be different from me?
Are we the same?
How does it feel? [x2]

Once you've finished the song, you breathe a sigh of relief. At the thunderous clapping, you blush slightly and curtsy, before quickly heading off of the stage. Yang quickly runs over to you and gives you a hug.

"You were brilliant!" She states.

"That's great, but I'm never singing in front of a crowd like this ever again!" You say, sternly. She simply laughs shortly and waves her hand to brush the subject away.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be heading off with your friends, so I'm gonna head home. Make sure to get a ride, okay?" You simply nod in response and watch as she scurries out of sight.

After having your friends gush on and on about how brilliant you were, you and Haru head off to the beach. You really want to talk to him. The sun begins to set in the sky, casting a beautiful glow around you. You sit down on the beach and look at into the ocean, finding it to be completely serene. Haru sits down beside you, staring out at the same scene.

"This is nice." You murmur, turning to face him. He raises a brow, waiting for you to elaborate. "I mean sitting here with the setting sun with you; it's just.. I don't know; romantic, I guess." You blush and quickly turn to face the scenery before you. Haru stares at you for a moment before smiling to himself.

"I like you too, Ying." He states. Your entire body freezes in place and you turn to face him. You grin wide and scoot over to him. He wraps an arm around you and you simply lean against him.

And to think, all of this started because of you being hyper and taunting Haru out of a moment of pure stupidity. Maybe staring isn't so bad, after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story