Categories > Original > Fantasy

Catching Butterflies

by Amity 0 reviews

Two souls, two worlds, one life to live.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-08 - Updated: 2008-09-08 - 495 words

0Unrated
There was a soft breeze in the air as Misha sat perched on the edge of a cliff, gazing at the sky intently. Stroking a strand of red hair, her blue eyes lit up for a moment as she saw something streak across the sky and crash just below the cliff.

"Was that a airship?" She whispered to herself as she peered down, white dress breezing in the gust of wind, trying to get a better view.

Airships were a new form of transportation, yet you rarely would see one in this world that had barely any money. Ask someone for money, loan money, talk about money, well... you get it. Muttering the word "money" in this world would surely get your head ripped off by anybody nearby, too busy pickpocketing you to take much notice of how others reacted of it.

The young girl stood up and made her way slowly down the cliff, which would be tough since she had no shoes, and finally reaching halfway down, she stopped for a quick break. She leaned against a loose rock, panting softly as she looked down to see a few figures emerge from the airship. Minutes passed before she started to once again descend down the cliff.

---

It had happened so quickly. A dark figure had emerge behind them from the clouds and had attacked the airship. All Prince Harm could hear what the clinging of metal and metallic, as sparks of fire and fire itself flown in his face. He pushed a strand of light blond hair out of his face, blinking his green eyes a few times.

He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, grimacing with pain as he reach a hand up to feel blood running freely among his palm, he spread his blackish wings and he grunted. "Just a... boo-boo."

Harm then heard a ring of laughter around him, and turned to see his younger sister. She resembled the Prince from head-to-toe, she even had the exact same wings as he did. Yet, there was one thing that differed... the blackish horns on her head. She started to tease him. "Still using that baby word, 'boo-boo'? Huh, Harmonica?"

"Alright, then how about this?" His temper was clearly rising. "HELL OF A BLOODY, FUCKING WOUND!"

"Ooh," The little girl made the sound and started to walk away, "I'm a gonna tell Mommy and Daddy."

"Fine, Aurica," He said the girl's name devilishly. "I'll just tell them about that one, or should I say... fifty million times you've mocked them."

"Y-You wouldn't, would y-y-you?" Aurica searched his gaze for a moment, before cringing and running past him in a fit of tears. Fake tears that were. That Devil couldn't cry at all, well at last not besides doing it on purpose.

Glad to have been rid of the little menace for now, he marched off the airship and into this world that was filled with those lower then him.
Sign up to rate and review this story