Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Life Just Ani't Fair

Default Chapter

by LLN 0 reviews

500 yrs into the future, Xander Harris gets a new lease on life as the Firefly dances.SLASH

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Romance - Characters: Spike, Xander - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 529 words

1Exciting
Title: Life Just Ain't Fair.
Author: LLN
Fandom: Buffy/Post Serenity crossover
Pairing: SLASH: Xander/Spike, Implied Willow/Xander, implied Buffy/Xander,
Buffy/Angel, more as they come.
Disclaimer: Don't we're. Joss does.




'Bottom line, is even if you see them coming, your not ready for the Big
Moments. No one asks for their life to change. Not really but it does. So what are you?
Helpless? Puppets? No. The Big moments are gonna come you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are...'

Whislter-Becoming-Buffy.




River slowly, almost lovingly, ran a hand over the stasis unit. She remembered when she had been put in one. She hadn't liked it. She wonders if the Sleeper liked it less than she had. Her brother looked over the readouts of the unit.


If she understood everything then Serenity was transporting it someplace. She didn't really understand everything that went on around her, but she knew that the Sleeper called out to her. She could see it...


*** **** ****


A blond woman, who could fight like she did, fought with a bleached blond male who had ridges on his brow. Yellow eyes gleamed with a feral bloodlust. It was a monster like the Reavers.


*** ***** ****


A woman with long blood colored hair with inky black eyes, shooting lightning from her fingertips, and chanting in a long dead language.


*** **** *****

Dusty books and ancient weapons surrounded an older man, wearing a suit. A powerful aura surrounded him as well.



*** **** ******



Darkness, fear, despair...

Light, love, hope...

A hero's trails...Battles won, battles lost...

Dark, dark eyes that cried soundless for help...



**** **** *******



River blinked, and then pulled back her hand.

"Help, " she whispered.

Simon looked up from the controls of the stasis unit. He had heard her whisper but not what she said.

"Are you alright, mei-mei?"

"The One Who Sees...the Fallen White Knight..." whispered River with a tear running down her cheek.

Simon frowned in confusion. She was making less sense than normal even her.

"He is the First."


~ ~ ~ ~ ***~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Mal and Zoe stood at the back port of the Serenity listening to their employer's last minute instructions given to them by the well-dressed redhead woman.

"That stasis unit must not be opened under any circumstances. The delivery must be made in a week."

Mal nodded.

"We get paid on arrival?" he asked.

The redhead nodded.

"On delivery of the unit."

"Of course." Muttered Mal. He had a bad feelin' about this run. It was the same one he had when Simon Tam had bought passage two years ago. But Mal had a crew to pay and feed.

"My sister will be waiting, she will be the snobby looking blond. Trust me you won't miss her. I can not stress how important it is that you not be late."

"You have my word. The unit will arrive on time in perfect condition."

The redhead's eyes narrowed, and for a moment Mal would swear they flashed black. She then nodded.

"Do not fail, Captain. The consequences would be dire," she threatened and then walked away.

Mal turned to Zoe.

"Am I the only one with a bad feeling about this?"
Sign up to rate and review this story