Categories > Cartoons > Codename: Kids Next Door

Acute Coryza Fillia (CC's Little Girl)

by Pugseli 0 reviews

Louisa Cooper's 10th birthday results in an unexpected birthday present- one which could change her life for the worst. And how does a crush on Hoagie Gilligan affect things? Read on to find out! P...

Category: Codename: Kids Next Door - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hoagie,Wally,Kuki,Abby - Published: 2008-09-10 - Updated: 2008-09-10 - 538 words

0Unrated
On the day of her 10th Birthday, there was one present that Louisa Cooper had not been expecting. She couldn’t believe that her parents would have lied to her- but then again, parents and offspring had nothing in common. Their hair was blonde, hers was jet black; their eyes were hazel, hers were the deepest sapphire blue. And even though they’d lied to her for all those years, when Louisa met her realparents (or should that be parent?), she wished that they never mentioned the issue…

The day had been normal, in terms of birthdays, until the emergency alarm sounded in the mid-afternoon. Clutching her new Birthday Bash Rainbow Monkey (a present from who else than Numbah 3?), she noticed Numbah 2 frantically packing gallons of juice into his B.A.J.O.O.K.A.

“Hoagie-kins, what’s going on?” she asked, catching him by surprise.

“Nothing you should be worried about. Go and enjoy your birthday.” He replied, running out of the room.

Louisa was intrigued by the whole situation and decided to watch the fight against adult tyranny. She approached the outside balcony, only to see the gang battling a skinny man in green. Had he been sick? Louisa thought so, as she saw slippery green puddles on the ground.

“Go get them, Hoa—Aww no! My Bracelet!” she yelled, as the silver bracelet fell through the air.

“It’s not yours, Slimeball!” came an immediate reply from Numbah 4. It seemed the skinny green man had hold of it, examining it carefully.

“Aw crap!” thought Louisa. When enemies knew of her existence, Louisa’s first instinct was to run, and she did just that. She hurried to the highest inside point of the treehouse, only to be knocked back by the fact that the skinny man in green had a jetpack.

Her head told her to keep running but her heart told her to stay. Her feet wouldn’t co-operate at all, only managing a few feeble steps.

She could feel him approaching.

“If I don’t look, you can’t hurt me.” she said, shivering.

“Now why would I want to do tha—Achoo!”

“Gross!” whined Louisa.

“Thank you.”

Whereas most people would have been confused, Louisa just shrugged. If this sicko wanted to interpret her insults as compliments, then it wasn’t anything to do with her.

“Why do you want to hurt me?”

“I just said, why would I want to do that?”

“Don’t mess with me!” Louisa warned, but it sounded more like a plead than a threat.

She heard a clattering along the floor and a sparkle of silver caught the light. It was her bracelet but now it was covered in the same slippy green stuff she had seen on the ground outside.

“Ewwww!” she thought, as she picked it up, noticing something different about it, other than the snot. There was one charm that she hadn’t noticed before now. It was an emerald green , and it looked like two C’s crossed linked. CC.

Louisa couldn’t believe it. The bracelet had been a way for her real parents to find her again. But things didn’t add up.

Her real father was the Common Cold??
Sign up to rate and review this story