Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

John & Laurhen Mitchell

by Moonshyne 4 reviews

Bob and Madison go to England and Madison gets more than she expects.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-09-21 - Updated: 2008-09-21 - 1729 words - Complete

1Exciting
Madison knew all she had was a person’s name and a company. She was going to have to risk a call to the states to hopefully get an address and a phone number. She actually just wanted to show up the element of surprise and all. She was hoping to find a killer on this trip.

She checked her watch which was still on east coast time in the U.S. so she had to make it an hour further behind. It was six in the morning here which meant it was midnight back in Chicago. She really didn’t want to waste the day so she bit her bottom lip and went outside and took the tube about six stops away from where she was, just in case.

She got up and took her cell phone out and scrolled through the list of numbers and found Dorothy’s home phone number. She had to go through the operator when shops were open she would get a phone card. The phone on the other end rang four times before the answering machine got it.

Dorothy just happened to be doing some work from home when she heard something interesting on her answering machine.

“Will you accept a collect call from Victoria Reed?”

Just hearing the name sent her into shock.

Dorothy slowly answered the phone wanting to know who would play such a cruel joke. “Yes,” she responded quietly.

The operator hung up.

“Dorothy, it’s me Madison.”

“Oh my God, Madison, where are you? How are you?”

“I’m fine but I really can’t tell you where I am. I need some personal information on an Andrew Mitchell.”

“I met him a few times when I went to England with your father, very nice man.”

“Oh,” said Madison that was the last thing she really wanted to hear. She wanted to hear that he was a prick and hard to deal with. She wanted to hear that he would be the type to kill her husband. Then she reasoned since Mark was such a jerk than maybe it was someone nice that killed him, someone loving and caring.

Madison could hear some tapping in the background and then Dorothy came back on the line, “Yes, Andrew Mitchell 350 First Avenue Worthing. He has a son around tweny-six and a daughter seventeen. Their names are John and Laurhen.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate it. And Dorothy, please don’t believe the rumors you’ve heard. You know I wouldn’t steal a dime from any of the foundations.”

“I know sweetheart, things haven’t been easy for you these past few months.”

“No.”

“Are you really with Bob?”

“Yeah.”

“You still love him don’t you?”

“I want to stop he’s told me over and over again that after this is over he’s going back to his wife and Bobby.”

“That’s too bad you two belong together.”

“It won’t matter because even if we got back together, he’d leave me once I tell him the secret I’m keeping.”

“What secret is that?”

“Bobby’s not his son, please don’t say anything.”

“Why aren’t you telling him?”

“He’s going to be devastated. He loves that little boy more than anything else in the world. He’s having such a hard time dealing with not being with him and I can’t imagine what will happen when I tell him about not being his father.”

“As much as I love Bob and want him, I have to go on with my life. No matter what happens I’ll end up without him. Thanks for the info and the chat, I needed that.”

I took the tube back to the flat and went to the garage where there was my choice of two cars, the sporty silver Astin-Martin Vantage or the Black Emerald Bentley Arnage. I thought how it was going to be almost a two hour ride there and then two hours back so the Bentley would be the best choice. I would love it if Bob were driving but I don’t know how often he’s driven in England and wouldn’t want to crash Daddy’s pride and joy. I felt a tear rolling down my face I missed him so much. I took the elevator back up to the flat and where Bob was waiting.

“Soooo?” he asked as I got in the door.

“We’re heading to Worthing?”

“How far away is that?”

“Between an hour and a half and two hours.”

“Are we leaving now or getting some sleep?”

“I vote for sleep, I’m pretty wiped even though I slept on the plane ride. Just a few hours, okay?” I asked knowing he wanted to jump on this right away. “Besides it’s not even six yet.”

I showed him the master bedroom and then went to my room to get some sleep.

Bob’s POV

It’s ten fifteen and we’re on the road to Worthing. I never seen Madison dressed this way before all business and professional. I’ve seen her in evening gowns, jeans and a t-shirt, shorts and skimpy tops, sexy lingerie and nothing at all. But this dressed for success look was part of the changes I have been seeing in her. Someone who was ready to take on the world someone I’m falling for over and over again everyday. The only thing that keeps me from wrapping my arms around her and telling her that I love her, is knowing I have a wife and son waiting for me at home. I can’t do anything to jeopardize that.

We make it to the address that she had without saying a word to each other before she drives to the gates she puts her hand on top of mine and gives it a quick squeeze. I know what she means. As we pull through the gate and make it to the house I see a car being packed up as if to go on a trip. Maddie stops the car and we get out.

Madison’s POV

I got out of the car and walked up to the house just as a very handsome man was coming out and we collided.

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry miss.”

“My fault I was in hurry I wanted to catch your father before he left.”

“Well then you’re a couple of days short.”

“What?”

“Dad’s gone up to Newcastle for holiday.”

“How long?”

“The summer I imagine, my sister and I were heading up there now.”

Just then a young girl came out around sixteen or seventeen she wore a hot pink t-shirt with a skull on the side of it and a pair of jeans. She had short brown hair, blue eyes and very little make-up.

“When are we going?” she asked as she looked down playing with her i-pod.

“Laurhen, I want you to meet, I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name.”

“Madison, Madison Gadsen,” I said really hating using that name.

Laurhen’s eyes rolled up from the ipod to my face and her mouth dropped.

“You’re her. The one that’s with Bob? Is he really with you?” I saw her look over to the Bentley. Then heard a piercing scream.

“OH MY GOD BOB BRYAR IS IN MY DRIVEWAY!!! I GOTTA GO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS!!!”

“No, no, no!!!” I screamed grabbing the girls arm as she went to run back into the house.

“Take your hands off my sister.”

I looked John pleadingly in his deep blue eyes. “Please don’t let her do that.”

“Laurhen, stay here until I hear Ms. Gadsen out.”

“Mr. Mithcell.”

“John.”

“John, my husband was recently killed.”

“I knew your name sounded familiar your husband is why my father had to lay off three hundred employees. Employees that had families to support and now have to look for new jobs. Do you know how devastated my da was that he had to do that? Do you?”

I shook my head no. Mark had ruined so many lives in the name of my father.

“Just go away Mrs. Gadsen. My father trusted yours and look where it got him.”

“I had no idea what my husband was doing, most of the time I was trying to finish my degree so I could take over the company from him. My husband was mean and vicious and I hate him with every ounce of my soul. I’m sorry for what he did to you. My friend,” I pointed to Bob in the front seat of the Bentley, “is accused of his murder, I know he didn’t do it.”

“Are you implying my father did?”

“I don’t know that’s why I need to talk to him. I need to find out the truth.” I looked at Laurhen, “If your sister tells anyone where Bob is,” I looked back at the sympathetic eyes in front of me, “he and I will be arrested for something we didn’t do and then I wouldn’t be able to help your father. I was hoping we could both help each other.”

“Laurhen, you understand what will happened if you tell anyone about Ms. Gadsen’s and her friend’s whereabouts?” John asked his sister.

“I don’t want to hurt Bob in any way. I mean you guys.”

I smiled at her, “Why don’t you go introduce yourself to him.”

“Can I he won’t be mad?”

“I think he would like seeing a new face besides mine.”

“I wouldn’t mind seeing your face all the time,” smiled John.

I could feel myself blush and for the first time I really looked at John He reminded me of Ewan McGregor but not as rugged. He was really quite handsome.

“Why don’t you and your friend join us in Newcastle. We own a nice secluded house up there on seven acres so you and your boyfriend can stay hidden.

“He’s not my boyfriend,” I said quickly.

“So you’ll join us and you can talk to my father.”

“I’d like that,” I said that looking shyly at my feet.

John gave me a heart warming smile and said “Me too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story