Categories > Original > Drama > Fall For You (sequel to Torn Into Pieces)

Chapter 8

by Aubrey100 0 reviews

Home again and seeing an unexpected friend

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-09-24 - Updated: 2008-09-25 - 2028 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER EIGHT:

“Guess where we are?” Brooke said in my ear in an enthusiastic voice. I made a couple of muffled noises and rolled over. She rolled me back over, “I’m serious. Guess where we are!” she nudged me. “The moon?” I said sarcastically. “No! We’re home! Well not at your house or mine, but we’re in Missouri!” she smiled. “Really?” I perked up. “I know! I talked to your mom this morning and she said that she’d be at the concert.Brooke seemed peppy. “That’s awesome!” I grinned widely and carefully got out of my bunk.
I was so excited to be home again. I took a shower and then got ready for the day. Everything was going great, that is until I stepped into the main part of the bus. Joe was texting someone. I didn’t even have to ask, I knew it was Janelle. So much for the happy mood. Then I remembered something, sometime today I would have to talk to him. I had already decided it. I just had to wait for the right moment.
Although my heart had dropped a little I couldn’t help but laugh when Brooke basically jumped on Kevin’s lap. I never thought I would see her this happy about coming home. “Do you realize that it hurts when you do that?” Kevin asked, his voice slightly squeaky. Brooke bit the inside of her cheek, “Uh…sorry…” she smiled innocently. He hugged her. Sappy much?
I rolled my eyes and sat down. I watched as Joe texted. He seemed focused, which was odd for him. He glanced up and his eyes met mine. Joe almost smiled, I could see that he was holding one back. It was crazy but I wanted to go right over to him and plant my lips on his. I never expected that I would feel the way I did now, then again I never expected anything that had happened to me to actually happen.
The bus stopped. I stepped outside and looked at my surroundings. I could see all the people moving around in the city completely oblivious that we were even here. Then my mind seemed to check back into reality and seen tons of screaming fans on the other side of me. I blinked a couple times but kept moving my feet. I didn’t know what was wrong with me today, I just seemed out of it.
We finally got away from the fans and into the building. I was beginning to get used to the obsessive amount of screaming that came with being with the Jonas Brothers, but it was still crazy!
It wasn’t really that early, and I have to say it was nice to sleep in. Today was a more easy going day so I hoped to get to talk to Joe soon. Brooke was more excited than her normal self. I watched as she fidgeted beside Kevin. I rolled my eyes, simply pathetic. She had always talked about getting out of Podunk Missouri, but once we were back in our home state she was excited as ever! I glanced over at Chelcie, who was awkwardly fumbling around. She seemed to be about as out of it as I was.
I realized that not paying attention was a bad thing. I realized this because while I was drifting off in my own world I fell over and hit the floor with a loud SMACK. Through all their laughs the boys helped me up. “Are-you-ok?” Kevin said pausing for laughs in-between words. “I’m fine.” I brushed off my pants. Brooke almost fell over herself from laughing at me. “I guess some things never change.” she laughed. “Ok Stinky.” I grinned. “It was one time! And it wasn’t that bad!” she defended herself. Everyone looked at us with confused faces. “Inside joke.” we replied. They stood there for a moment and then continued walking.
We were about to eat lunch and I grabbed Joe. “I need to-” I was cut off. “Come on guys.” Kevin said holding the door open. I sighed and then walked in. first chance to talk to Joe…going, going, and gone.
Lunch was interesting. The person that owned the building has daughters that were MADLY in love with the Jonas Brothers. It was hilarious watching their faces light up every time the boys would move. It amazed me how the guys handled it. They just sat there and let the girls ask them as many questions as they could manage to come up with. Eventually they ran out of questions. Apparently a four, five, and eight year old can only come up with an hours worth of questions. “Thank you boys so much for letting my daughters talk to you.” the man shook their hands. “It was no problem. Its always a pleasure to meet our fans.” Kevin spoke. At last lunch was over.
The afternoon flew by, with all the phone call interviews and the preparation for the concert. It amazed how time did that now. Never before had it done that, just fly by. At least it never did that during the week.
I laughed as Brooke, Chelcie, and I through clothes at each other. A loud knock hit the dressing room door. “Girls.” I heard Big Rob’s voice. “Come in!” we all replied. He stepped in and gave a deep laugh at the clothes scattered across the room. “You’re on in five.” he shook his head and stepped out. We glanced at each other and laughed.
I ran out on stage. I loved that the crowd would scream. It made me feel wonderful, as if they might actually be there for me and not the Jonas Brothers. I could’ve sworn there were a couple of people in the audience that I recognized. I began to sing. It always felt so amazing to be on stage, like nothing could touch you. When you were on stage and the crowd was screaming, everything is perfect. You forget all your worries and just connect with the fans. There isn’t a better feeling you could have.
I said goodnight and went backstage. “That was wonderful!” my mom embraced me in a tight hug. Although I couldn’t breathe I hugged her just as tightly. “I’m so glad you’re here!” I pulled away and then hugged her again. “Me too! I have a little surprise for you…” she smiled. “What?” I asked. Normally when she told me she had a surprise I would simply say ‘Is it the Jonas Brothers?’ but those days were obviously over.
“Aubrey!” I heard a familiar voice and then got nearly tackled. “Mallory?” I looked over at my school friend. “Yep!” she grinned. “Oh my gosh!” I hugged her. “I know I’m fabulous, but you’re hugging me a little too tight.” Mallory laughed. I let her go. “Mallory has been calling about once a week to see if you had come home yet, so I decided that I could just bring her with me to see you.” Mom explained. “Believe me, getting my mom to agree to that was quite the challenge.” Mallory nodded.
There was a little bit of catching up Mals and I did fairly quick and then Mallory pointed at Chelcie. “Who’s that?” she asked bluntly. Mallory was never one to hold her tongue. “That’s Chelcie.” I said and then Chelcie looked over at us. “Chelcie this is Mallory. Mallory this is Chelcie.” I introduced them. “Hi!” Chelcie smiled. Mallory paused for a moment and then smiled back. “Hello.” she replied simply.
It shocked me but they managed to just hit it off. I stood with my head tilted and watched them as they rambled on and on about things they had in common. If I wasn’t completely sure that they had never met, I would have thought that they were best friends. They caught me looking and waved at me. I waved back and then laughed.
Oh crap! I thought. The whole day had gone by and I hadn’t talked to Joe. I sighed. If I didn’t do this soon I never was going to do it! “You did wonderful tonight.” my mom came up behind me. “Thanks Mom.” I smiled. “I’m just so proud of you.” she had a sincere look on her face. With my mom she would always be proud of you in some way, but there were these moments when she was so proud she couldn’t find the right words to say. Those moments were the moments that I loved almost more than anything else.
The Jonas Brothers came off stage. I looked over at Mallory and there she stood, in shock. She just stared at them with wide eyes. I thought she would have screamed or went even a little crazy, but no, she just stood there. Her mouth hung open and she gawked at them. “You are?” Nick asked her politely. “M-M-Mal-l-lor-ry.” she stuttered out. “Well hi M-M-Mal-l-lor-ry.” Joe laughed. Mallory just smiled. “Mallory is one of my friends from school.” I cut in. “Oh. Well now it makes sense why she’s back here then.” Kevin shrugged. “Ya sorry I didn’t tell you guys. I didn’t really even know for myself until after I got off stage.” I said.
There was a meet and greet, which surprised me. The Jonas Brothers couldn’t do as many meet and greets anymore because of the crazy fans and the fact that there were so many fans. We stood behind a desk type thing and of course Big Rob was near us, ready if anything would happen to go wrong.
Mallory behaved really well. Other than the random hugs that she gave the boys, she just sat and watched them give autographs and such. Some fans would ask me for my autograph or every now and then a picture and that made me happy. I would glance over at my mom, who was by Denise talking, and she would just smile at me. I was so happy I could’ve cried. With fans finally beginning to like me, Mallory here enjoying herself beyond belief, and the fact that my mom was so proud of me that she almost had a glow to her. I was in serenity.
The feeling would’ve lasted longer except for the fact that I knew I still hadn’t talked to Joe. I needed to. I couldn’t wait to much longer. The longer it took for me to talk to him, the more he think about Janelle. She was the last person I wanted to loose him to. Then again, any person would be the last person I would want to loose Joseph Adam Jonas to.
“Aubrey…” Brooke whispered in my ear. “What?” I turned to face her. “I don’t want you to flip out or anything but…is that your dad?” she pointed to a man standing towards the end of the line. I looked over his features. Everything matched to what my dad looked like. It couldn’t be him…there was no way. I shook my head, “No…he cant be here…no.” I kept shaking my head. Brooke tried to say something to help me not be scared and nervous, but she couldn’t think of anything.
I watched him move with the line. He never looked over at us. My dad didn’t have anyone with him. My heart pounded in my chest. I knew that the others didn’t know what my dad looked like, except for Brooke and my mom. I looked behind me hoping that my mom would be there but she was off with Denise. He was getting closer.
I felt my stomach burn and my throat tighten. I didn’t want to face him. He was almost up, but he never looked at us. My hands shook a little. I bit my lip. He was next to up. The fans in front of him were gone…he was up…
Sign up to rate and review this story