Categories > Original > Mystery > The Fort Kearny Mystery Stories Case #1: The Rising Star Mystery

Prologue

by adrimarie 0 reviews

Four childhood friends discover the body of a popular teen idol during their summer vacation at the beach, in which the sight and the mystery behind the victim will haunt these children for a very ...

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-09-29 - Updated: 2008-09-30 - 1343 words

0Unrated
THE FORT KEARNY MYSTERY STORIES CASE #1: The Rising Star Mystery

PROLOGUE: Murder at Age Seven



Kearny Beach- 8 Years Ago

It was just another typical fun-in-the-sun picnic for the Horie Family, their friends, and their colleagues. Every other summer they would spend two weeks at the most private spot of the local Kearny Beach in order to relax, enjoy the summer, and to make memories. Normally only children age five and over do get to join in the fun at the seas or simply just spending their time with their family and friends.



For seven-year-old twins, Eljin and Airi Horie, this particular summer was their first time spending two weeks at the beach with their family, their parents' friends, their nine-year-old child star older brother Ainsley Hawke's friends (real name - Alaric Francis Horie), and of course, their own closest friends, Dustin John Davies (DJ) and Aisling Harris. Though this may be just their first childhood memory at that age, this particular summer at the beach is one single memory that the Horie Twins will never, ever forget.



Just four days before the end of their two-week beach retreat, a particular memory just had to happen right in front of the twins' eyes. The twins, along with DJ and Aisling, just happened to be at the correct spot of the beach at that time, only except it was at the wrong time. Unsupervised by any adult or teen at that time, the four kids separated themselves from the rest of the crowd just so they can have their time alone without the meddling adults or annoying teenagers. All they wanted to do was build a sand castle--- the biggest sand castle ever to be made.



Little did they know that the spot they particularly picked was towered by a nearby cliff that also provides shade to be safe from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Luckily, their parents had sprayed them with sunscreen before they headed out to the beach. But either way, they took advantage of the cliff's cover to protect their selves from getting sunburn.



All that the children did was head to the shore close to the waters to gather some more water to use as paste for their halfway finished sand castle to keep the structure intact. But once they gathered enough water, all their hard work was gone to waste. What they spotted was that someone suddenly crashed on to their castle, wrecking the entire structure. It was unruly, rude, and incredibly mean, they thought. The kids then got a closer look at the culprit who destroyed their castle, wondering why this cruel individual decided to dismantle their sand castle simply just by crashing on to it.



"HEY!" Young Eljin yelled out towards the individual. The heartless fun wrecker, for some reason, still has not gotten up from the sand just yet. "YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO FIX THIS! WE WORKED HARD WITH THAT!"



Despite Eljin's efforts to get the individual's attention, there was no answer coming from the culprit. In fact, the culprit did not even move a single inch, not even a little twitch.



"Maybe... maybe she's deaf..." Airi curiously wondered as the kids get closer.



"Didn't you hear what I said to you? Are you really that stupid? Speak up! For someone older than us you sure got the nerve!" Eljin continued to berate the culprit lying on to their now ruined sand castle. "HEY! I'M TALKING TO YOU!!"



Once the kids finally reached the culprit they gave a short stare. Although neither DJ nor Aisling noticed, Airi immediately thought something was wrong. She slowly walked towards the wrecker and spoke softly. "Hello...? Are you... are you... alright?"



Airi waited for her to answer right when she noticed that there was no sign of breathing all through the body. In fact, she also noticed that this person on the ground did not have any clothing at all. Quickly Aisling covered both Eljin's and DJ's eyes right when Airi identified this person being female.



"Hey... are you..." Airi reached for the mysterious young lady's shoulder, which was slightly exposed through the long, silky black hair flowing down all the way over her rear end. Right with just a fingertip she immediately lifted her tip away. The body was solid frozen cold.



"Oh no..." Airi gasped as she stood up and started to back away from the body.



"Airi, what's wrong?" Eljin, DJ, and Aisling exclaimed with worry.



"She's... OH NO! SHE'S... SHE'S DEAD!!"



"What?"



Quickly the children ran back as fast as they can, fearing from their imaginations that this mysterious female body may come back to life and start to haunt them in their later lifetime. Once they reached the family summer home the kids were relieved to see the twins'mother, Vina Rose Horie.



Mrs. Vina Horie is known to the entire town of Fort Kearny as Detective Vina Horie. She is a homicide police detective of their town's police department, Fort Kearny Police Department, and is considered one of the force's best detectives around. The detective recently came back on duty after a year or so on maternity leave with their youngest son, Tristan Clint Horie. In the family, both the detective and the former teen idol-turned-CEO of a celebrity talent agency bore four sons and a daughter, with Alaric being the oldest, followed by the twins Eljin and Airi as the only female among the children. The third-born is named Julian Balthazar Horie with the youngest being Tristan Clint. Currently both Julian and Tristan were sent to United Kingdom with some relatives of Rayner "Ray" Horie, the patriarch of the family and to attend special boarding schools there. Though the motherly detective disagreed to send her two youngest sons overseas, her husband Ray encouraged her to go back to servicing the community as the town cannot afford to have one detective on such a long leave.



When the four witnesses met the detective the twins explained what they had discovered at their spot. Without question Vina already alerted the rest of the family and guests, as well as contacting her colleagues from the police station to investigate the situation.



Almost an hour passed and the Fort Kearny Police are now on the job with Detective Vina Horie currently in charge of the investigation for now. There were witnesses and locals who live near the beach were all gathered. As for the twins and their friends, they could not give any other reaction but shock and of course, fear.



"I... I can't believe... we just spotted... a dead body..." Eljin murmured to himself with his teeth chattering.



"We... we didn't kill the dead body... honest we didn't!" Airi also jogged some thoughts within her, but due to their secret twin telepathy she can also feel the same fear as her brother.



Detective Vina Horie walked right towards the children and bent down to them. "From out of nowhere that body just crashed through your sand castle, just like that?" The four children nodded slowly. Right then she took note of her children's look of fear and nervousness. She then patted the twins on their shoulders gently with a smile on her face.



"We have to head back home, kids,"the kind detective informed the children. "The entire beach is now off-limits to beachgoers for the time being. They need to know what really happened and how that girl died..."



"Wait..." Aisling spoke from out of the blue. "Mrs. Horie... you mean... that dead body..."



Detective Horie nodded with aslight confident look on her face. "Yes... the body was identified immediately..."



"Really? Is it the neighbors?" DJ asked curiously as his contribution.



"No... not the neighbors. In fact... it was Alaric and his friends who identified the body..."



The twins gasped in such a huge shock. "Are you saying Alaric... knows that dead body?"



"Yes... in fact... that girl is one of your father's..."



"A SILVER HAWK IDOL?!" Both DJ and Aisling exclaimed in pure shock.



"What's a 'Silver Hawk Idol'...?"Eljin asked curiously, looking rather na
Sign up to rate and review this story