Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tainted Love

Chapter 2

by futbolgrl4life 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1549 words

0Unrated
"Well, good then." Davey withdrew his hand to curve around the handle of the pot. "More tea?" he asked with a perky smile.

"No. Thank you." Ryan smoothed out subconsciously as he gazed over his former teacher lifting the porcelain china. He was acting as if this was as expected as the sun rising, for god's sake!

After he finished pouring the rich liquid, Davey gracefully set down the teapot, interlocking his fingers above his lap.

"Hm, perhaps with your luck, you'll end with a sir woman!" Davey gleefully announced, a quirky smile dancing on his face.
"A sir wo-...My luck? Luck? Since when have I ever been bestowed with luck?" Ryan raised an eyebrow.
"Why, getting sent away to a far off-"
"How in the world is that considered luck? It's a disgrace! I was practically banished!",The prince looked away, a scowl engraved onto his previously calm face.
"Now, Ryan, that is nonsense, you were not-"
"Oh, of course. Not officially. But everybody knew it. The grand prince of England sent to live with the uncle that had no status, forgotten in the wild country." He took a deep breath, and with a more hushed voice, continued. "Nobody had the will to say it, but everyone knew. And nobody stopped it." Ryan finally lifted up his gaze, sending a penetrating look towards the other, his eyes glowing with accusation.

Davey looked back calm, collected, unwounded by the hurt flowing out of the boy across from him.
"You have grown, Ryan," he started off slowly, "You are no longer the boy you were, and in times like these." He took in a sigh of breath with a look to the curtained windows. "You will have to learn that sometimes, the only one who can help you is..." He looked back at Ryan. Proud, handsome Ryan, "You." He finished, placing his cup on his saucer.

Ryan swallowed the lump in his throat, but it didn't go down. The all too familiar feeling of shame started to sink in; he lowered his gaze to the reflection in his cup. All he could see was a child. Lost. Deprived. Afraid.

"If it was me, I would be overjoyed to be free of the clutches of your father." Davey casually placed the china to his lips, sipping.

Ryan looked up at him, and after a long silence responded.
"My father is a good man." His tone was sorrowful.
"Ryan..." Davey's voice was like the tea pouring, warm, comforting.
"Pardon, I must be off now." The interruption clanged, worse than any rusty bell in the world in the ears of the prince.
"Of course...But, oh! Ryan?" he asked the one standing at the doorway, head still turned towards the wood, "Remember, in the wise words of Edward: before the clash of war, we must accept our battles." Davey added. And suddenly, the gentle crash of wood on wood sounded. No words. No nods. No affirmation.



Ryan shook his head as he strode down the hallway. He hated his father, but he couldn't let other people insult his family, even if it was Davey. It was a matter of pride. Where to go? Back to his parents? Haha not a chance. Normally, he would hang around Davey’s room at times like this, but that was hardly an option now. Finally, Ryan decided he'd go for a ride to clear his head. The stables appeared to be deserted Ryan noticed with a sigh of relief. All he needed right now was to run into that incredibly good looking boy... 'No Ryan!' he thought, ‘resist the urges remember?' As if on cue, footsteps came up behind the prince. Ryan felt a tingling on his neck and he was positive it was the very young man occupying his thoughts. The stable boy’s hands stroked his horse’s neck tenderly. "He's beautiful, highness," the boy breathed as he examined the gelding. "He seems to like you," Ryan noted with a smile. Suddenly, he realized he didn't even know the object of his affections name; he could hardly just keep thinking of him as "the killer cute stable boy". "Brendon, your majesty," the youth replied when Ryan asked. "Nice to meet you Brendon," Ryan said, almost giddily. "And please don't call me 'your majesty'." he made a face at the title. "It’s just Ryan." Brendon looked surprised for a second, but a grin crept onto his face. "Alright, Ryan." 'What are you doing?' the prince asked himself frantically. 'I promised Davey!' Still his traitor mouth kept talking, "I was just going for a ride in the forest; I could use a guide." Brendon hesitated for a moment but then smiled widely. "Sure thing, high- er, I mean Ryan."

The two boys rode through the many forest trails for hours; time seemed to slip away when Ryan was with Brendon. Not only did the stable boy know the trails like the back of his hand, he was also good company. Ryan soon learned that Brendon's initial shyness had only been because of his royal status; once the boy got started he could ramble on forever. Ryan was glad that his companion talked to him just as he would one of his common born friends; it was refreshing. A usually quiet reserved boy, Brendon's dry humor and lewd jokes had Ryan almost falling off his horse giggling. Laughing merrily, the two boys finally arrived back at the castle. Ryan slid off his horse and all at once the day caught up with him. He let out a huge yawn, utterly exhausted. Brendon laughed and grabbed his arm. Ryan was very glad Brendon was mostly dragging him down the hall because the combined effect of his fatigue and the way Brendon's touch on his arm was making him too delirious to ever be able to find his rooms on his own. How Brendon knew where they were, Ryan would never know. "G'night Ryan," Brendon whispered in his ear as he laid the prince down on the bed. Ryan nodded in return, already dozing off.

Ryan awoke to a sharp rapping on his door. He opened it to reveal a palace servant. "Your parents request your presence, highness," the man said with a deep bow.



Ryan mumbled an answer and hurried to get dressed. Soon he stood in the royal chamber facing his parents and a stunning girl. Ryan looked at her, bored and unimpressed. He had to admit she was extremely pretty, but she looked as dumb as a post. "Ryan, this is princess Marie of France. She will be staying with us for a time and we trust you will be kind to her.”



Ryan was forced to sit and make idle conversation with the airhead and his parents for more than an hour before they were interrupted by Davey. His teacher made some excuse for needing Ryan that the prince didn't pay any attention to; he knew it was a lie. He gave Davey a grateful look, but his teacher's look was stone-cold. In the hallway, Dave walked with his eyes fixed straight forward. His angry demeanor was starting to make Ryan nervous. Once they were in Ryan's room, Davey exploded. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? ANYBODY COULD HAVE SEEN! TO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE RISKING?? THERE'S NO TELLING WHAT THEIR MAJESTIES COULD DO IF THEY FOUND OUT!"



"Wait.. what are you talking about Davey?" Ryan asked in confusion.



Davey's eyes seemed to pop out of his head when Ryan asked. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I'M TALKING ABOUT?? I SAW THE STABLEBOY LEAVING YOUR ROOMS LAST NIGHT!"



Ryan's eyes went wide in horror as he realized what Davey thought. "No! Nothing happened!" Ryan saw the look of disbelief on Davey’s face. "We went riding, but nothing happened! I got really tired and he just led me to my rooms and I don't know how he knew where they were and you saw him leave and it's not what you think!" Ryan knew he was babbling, but he couldn't stop. He had to make Davey believe him! Davey placed a hand on the rambling boy's shoulder. "Ryan," he said calmly, so different than his furious voice a moment ago. "If you say it's not what I thought, then I believe you. I'm just worried about you; you know I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you, right?" Ryan nodded, sniffling quietly. Davey noticed the tears and pulled the boy to him. Ryan buried his face in the man's chest. He didn't care if he looked like a baby; it was so comfortable with Davey's strong arms wrapped around him, keeping him safe. Davey rested his chin in the boy's dark hair. "I know it’s hard Ryan. But if you do do anything, please try to be a little more subtle than just letting the stable boy waltz out of your rooms," he joked. Ryan laughed into Davey's shirt and pulled back from his teacher, a small smile on his tear streaked face. "I do actually have things to do," Davey said, voice filled with regret. He moved towards the door, tousling Ryan's hair on his way. "Be good, kid," he called and stepped into the hall.
Sign up to rate and review this story