Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tainted Love

Chapter 6

by futbolgrl4life 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1224 words

0Unrated
Sunshine blinded him as he lay in his bed, still savoring the memories of yesterday. He giggled to himself; happiness had finally reentered his life. The last time he was happy, he reminisced, going back into the depth of his memories, was a time on his uncle's farm. Everyone was there. Mother. Father. For what reason, that was unknown. All he remembered was chasing after the farm dog, a spotted Sheppard. They ran through the fields together. They feasted on winery patches. They drank till full from the well. It was lovely, carefree blissful. Then, he remembered the adjoining memory, and swiftly, the sweet smile on his face turned sour. It was by dusk that the pair returned to the main house, but only one person was there waiting. Where was Mother? Father? Why weren't they coming back, Uncle? Did they not care for their only son? Didn't they love him? Then why did they abandon him? The rest was a blur; there was one thing he recalled clearly, though. He didn't cry; that was for sure. Well, not until the dog died from grape toxicities.

Clink!
Ryan jumped slightly, the sudden noise kicking him back into the present. Clink!
Again. Where was it coming from? He swiveled his head, trying to catch some movement.
Clink!
There, he turned his head to the window. Was a bird trying to get in?
Discreetly, he approached the glass panel, looking up and about for a disoriented creature.
Clink!
He jumped back as the small object nearly broke the glass. Fortunately, this time he saw the direction it came from. Again he approached the window, this time tilting his head downwards.
"Brendon?" Ryan spoke softly as he leaned over his newly opened window.
"Ah, Rapunzel finally opens her window!"
"Wha-What are you doing here?! Somebody could see you!"
"For the record, I'm on my way to gather peaches for the mares. And you, are making idle talk 'bout your horse." Brendon smiled slyly as he shouted from below.
Ryan sighed, relieved, backing a little away from the window, later almost jumping out of his skin when he glanced to his window again, this time, seeing Brendon's face popping out with a grin that would put the Cheshire cat to shame.
"Do not be afraid, your majesty!" Brendon declared in mock formality.
"How-Wha-We-"
"Vines."
"....Vines...?"
"Yesuh, Anyhoo, you did not finish listening to my story." Brendon smiled again as he perched himself on the window sill.
"Oh?"
"Mhm, you see, while I was on way to the market, precisely after watching the prince drift back into his abode, I happened to come across a rather peculiar figure. " Brendon paused, watching Ryan quirk his eyebrow, continuing after the moment of suspense had passed. "A young dashing young man of no background and no name. A nobody to be precise. He’s shrouded in cloth, unrecognizable completely, a shadow in the background."
"That's all very nice, Brendon, but I don't see how-"
Ryan stopped midsentence as hood and cape were thrown at him.
"Oh."
"Well, what do you say? Will the prince be willing to be rescued for a day on the town?"
Ryan smiled, kissing Brendon on the lips. Nothing else mattered now; nothing ever did, not when Brendon was with him.



Ryan retreated to his room and dressed as quickly as he could. His heart beat rapidly in excitement. A day just with Brendon; he couldn’t ask for a better gift. He pulled the hood up over his messy brown hair and clambered out of the window. Hesitantly, Ryan placed his feet on the vines. He descended slowly. Suddenly, the vine below him snapped and he plummeted to earth. He felt Brendon catch him and fall to the ground beneath his weight. Dazed he sat up, quick to return his disguising hood to its proper position. He realized he was seated directly on his boyfriend’s chest. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry Brendon! “ Ryan rolled over and off of the other boy. “Are you all right?”

Brendon sat up laughing. “No, I’m afraid you’ve fatally wounded me.” He placed an over dramatic hand over his heart.

“C’mon,” Brendon said, rising. “Just imagine the scandal if the stable boy and his friend were found canoodling under his majesty’s very window!”

“Canoodling?” Ryan snickered, accepting Brendon’s offered hand and standing.

“Yes,” Brendon told him decisively. “Canoodling. Because that’s what we would be doing if I let myself lay here anymore with you.”

Brendon kept his grip on Ryan’s hand and led him to where his horse stood impatiently. Brendon swung himself onto the horse, graceful after years of practice. He leaned down and took both of the prince’s hands in his, pulling him onto the horse. Brendon gathered the reins in callused hands, and turned his head to capture Ryan’s hungry lips in his own. Using all of his willpower, he managed to break off the kiss and face the road again. Soon the two soared down the road. Ryan wrapped his arms tightly around Brendon’s waist and buried his head in his shoulder. “Mmmm, you smell like pine trees,” Ryan mumbled.

Brendon laughed. The ride to the city took half an hour; the boys didn’t talk much on the way. They simply enjoyed being together. Ryan never felt as happy as he did now just sitting here, his body pressed against Brendon’s.

Ryan felt the horse slow but didn’t move his head. He was so comfortable. “Wake up, hon.” Brendon’s fingers stroked his hair gently.



Grudgingly, Ryan lifted his head. The city was abuzz with activity; everyone was preparing for their day of hard work. Brendon picketed the horse and set off down the street. They wandered about, looking at everything and everyone. Ryan had been to the city often, but mostly on official royal business. He had to say, this was much more enjoyable. Soon crowds filled the marketplace and Ryan had to be careful not to get separated from Brendon. He was used to people treating him with reverence, not bumping him and cutting him off without a word of apology. Brendon pulled the prince over to a stall emitting a delicious aroma. The woman was making what seemed to be two crackers with a white substance and liquid chocolate in between them. Brendon bought some and thanked the woman with a smile. Standing off to the side, he pulled a delicious treat from the bag and offered it to Ryan teasingly. Ryan grinned at him and tasted; the white substance tasted like a sugary cloud. “Delicious!” he exclaimed through a full mouth.



Brendon nodded, his mouth full of two sugary treats. “Pig,” Ryan teased.



Brendon gave him his best glare but the effect was somewhat ruined by his stuffed cheeks and the chocolate dripping down his lip. Ryan wanted to kiss him so badly right then. Brendon recognized the lustful look in his lover’s eyes. With a massive swallow he managed to assure him, “Later, darling.”



They continued down the streets, going nowhere in particular when Ryan noticed a crowd. He hurried over to see what was going on, dragging Brendon along with him. They pushed their way to the front and Ryan heard Brendon gasp behind him.

Sign up to rate and review this story