Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tainted Love

Chapter 8

by futbolgrl4life 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 855 words

0Unrated
"Ah...They say a laugh's all a lad needs sometimes...", Spencer said, with a twang of bitterness.

Ryan felt his mouth twitch a little. So many things were happening so fast. One leave from the country and this is what he gets. (A Degrassi episode prescription of drama.)



"Well, I'll go get some tea and biscuit. My, I didn't expect to have a grand son of royalty to join us. Please excuse my humble abode.", Spencer exited into the kitchen with a mocking bow.



Ryan didn't know whether to be amused or insulted. His stomach acid told him guilt.



"Ahem...," The eldest coughed into a handkerchief, "Well, I'm mighty glad for the lot of you." Jon said with one of the cheeky smiles Ryan so clearly remembered from his childhood.



"Thank you." Ryan and Brendon said with a slight bow from Brendon's part.



"But..." The nobleman casted his eyes downward, a shot of grief plaguing them before rising again, "You do know the consequences of such acts, yes?"



Brendon bit his lip, hand going sweaty in Ryan's hand as he glanced towards him.



"Of course." Ryan affirmed.

"You would be decapitated. Slashed right through. Just one clean cut." Jon continued with no censorship, making motions with his hands.



Ryan grunted with annoyance and anxiety. How could he not?



"After that, you wouldn't be a prince anymore. Just meat for the wolves. The

vultures. The villagers. Nothing special 'bout you anymore...er, with all due respect, your majesty."



Ryan nodded, a bit perplexed at his realization of just how many people's respect of him would falter and rise so repeatedly.



"However, the stable boy could probably run off." Jon said in a barely audible whisper as Ryan felt Brendon's hand clench in his own.

"...Run off?" Ryan thought out loud.

"Indeed, he-"

"I would never!" Brendon finally spoke, a bit too loud for Ryan's taste. "Ryan,

I would never leave you! Even if filthy rats of the kingdom were hunting us down, I would never leave you! I swear!", Brendon preached, covering Ryan's hand with his own.



Brendon held the smaller hand tightly in his. “Ryan, please believe me. I would never abandon you like that. I love you!” Brendon suddenly realized what he had revealed and looked down, a blush spreading over his face. Ryan’s heart seemed to melt as he heard those three simple words. Shyly, he stepped forward.



“Really?” Ryan’s voice was quiet, hopeful. Brendon nodded, a smile spreading across his large lips.

Ryan nearly leaped onto Brendon, smothering him with kisses. “I’ll take that to mean the feeling is mutual?” Brendon managed out.

“Yes!” Ryan cried, pressing his lips immediately back to the stable boy's. “As sweet as this is,” Jon drawled out, “The sun is setting and I imagine someone will be wondering where the prince has run off to.” “Oh,” Ryan said dumbly. “Right.”

Brendon gently laced his fingers with the prince's, then led him to the door.



“Spence, are you going to be okay?” Brendon glanced back at his injured friend, with a look of concern.



Jon wrapped his arms around the thief's waist. “I’ll take care of him,” he promised solemnly.



With that the two boys strolled out, hands still laced together. Brendon pulled Ryan into a corner hidden from view of the street and hugged him tightly. He kissed the prince fiercely, savoring the moment. With a sigh, Ryan pulled his hood over his heard and the two boys stepped into the road, once again pulled apart by the judging eyes of society.



They chattered happily as they walked. Ryan was worried about Spencer, but he was certain he'd be alright, along as was Jon with him. The ride back to the palace was uneventful, yet pleasant Ryan shed his hood in the stables and leaned against a wall while Brendon checked the horses.

“So, do you plan on whisking me away to the city often?” Ryan asked. “It’s not like we can really see each other that much around here, sneaking around and all. We can hardly get married.”

“We could elope.” Brendon grinned, flicking a lock of hair out of Ryan’s eyes.



“Run away, buy a house, have kids, you know the whole deal.”



Ryan giggled as the door opened. Marie walked in, skirts held primly out of the dirt.



“This place is filthy! Boy, don’t you know how to clean? It is your job!”

Brendon stared at her, caught in a rather compromising position, hand over

Ryan’s cheek. “Go!” She screeched, in that god awful high voice of hers.



Brendon jumped away from the prince and walked off to find a broom. “Hello darling,” the princess purred. “Your mother and I have been wondering about where you went off to,” she fluttered her eyelashes at him. Ryan heard snickering behind some hay stacks and shot a death glare at Brendon. “I thought perhaps we could go

riding-“

‘Oh hell no’ Ryan thought. “What? Oh, my mother’s looking for me? Better go see her then.” He cut her off hurriedly and rushed out the door.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story