Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tainted Love

Chapter 10

by futbolgrl4life 5 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-10-04 - Updated: 2008-10-05 - 1263 words

1Original
Ryan lay in his bed, a thick sickening dread in his stomach. It was late afternoon, the birds were chirping, a steady musk filling the air on the brink of day. So far, the day had been long, dragging on while Ryan just stared up at his canopy, mind empty and depressed. He longed for the warmth of Brendon, for not even the bright sunlight could warm him inside. He longed for his soft touch, for the bed sheets were bore no equivalence. He longed for the scent of wood and bare earth that clung to Brendon's skin. He winced as he turned to his side, the pain intensifying as he recalled memories.

Thumps sounded in his head until he realized it was the sound of fist on wood, the door to his room bouncing with each knock.
"Who's there?" Ryan croaked with aridly.
"Ryan?" The sound of milk and honey filled the still room.
Davey.
Ryan felt like vomiting, but his stomach was to empty for even that. He tried speaking, but realized his voice had left him to a whisper.
Slowly, the door knob turned, revealing a tall man in the doorway. Gracefully, he waltzed over to the golden and red bed sheets and the body they covered.
"Ah, Ryan, they said you haven't come out this entire day, feeling sick?" Davey smiled warmly, but Ryan saw through his joyful crinkles and into the tired, worried wrinkles.
Ryan shook his head, hair flying everywhere with his movement.
"Uhm." The elder stalled as he glanced sideways, lightly placing himself on the bed. "I'm sorry, but I actually came here to be the bearer of bad news."
Ryan wanted to scream. He could feel his insides ripping open to screech. I KNOW. I KNOW WHAT HE DID.
But nothing came except for a swallowing of the lump in his throat.
"Brendon...I don't think you should see him anymore."
"...I...know." No, I don't. I don't know what to do. What do I do now, Davey?
"I'm sorry, lad." Davey placed a hand on the top of Ryan's hair, stroking his fingers through it.
"I warned him, but-“
"You knew?" Ryan said louder, a tang of shock in his tone.
"Well, I had my suggestions, but-“
"What?! Why didn't you ever speak of it?!"
"Ryan, hun, you really must stop this interrupting phase."
"Davey! You betrayed me! Why didn't you ever tell me?! I mean-“
"Now, now. Hold up, I did, in fact, warn him against this-“
"Warn him?! Why didn't you warn me?!!"
"I-...I'm sorry."
Ryan's lip trembled, tears forming water bubble sin the bottoms of his eyes.
"How could he do this to me? Cheat on the prince? It's absurd."
"Hold on, cheat, lad?"
Ryan lifted his head to face Davey, a swirl of confusion surfacing.
"...Yes, I heard from the ba-I mean, I heard around the house that he was cheating on me."
Davey looked aback, blinking his eyelashes as he stared dumbfounded at the prince.
"...Am I...wrong?"
"Oh, lad, laddie,.." Davey soothed as he pulled Ryan to his chest. "Yes, I'm sorry. Brendon never cheated on you. He used you. The filthy rat, he was just out for the gold, lots of 'em are." Davey finished as he gripped Ryan by his forearms and looked into his eyes.
"...Pardon?"
"The robberies, their Urie's doing. Him and his gang. They've been stealing from the castle ever since you two entwined. With you, the thief got all the benefits. The workings of the castle from inside out. Sneaking in privileges. Knowledge of activity. Everythin'."
"..No, that can't be true."
"I warned him."
"No.."
"But he only pretended to love you."
"...No..."
"He was using you."
"NO!" Ryan screeched harshly, pushing Davey away.

"You're wrong! Brendon wouldn't- he isn't using me! He loves me!" Ryan glared fiercely at his mentor.

"Ryan, please son, I'm only trying to help you-"

"No!" Ryan yelled. "You don't give a damn about me and you’re not my goddam father!"

Davey's face crumbled as Ryan hurled the words viciously at him. He hesitantly put a hand on the boy’s arm. "Get out!" Ryan snarled, turning away.

"Ry-"

"Fine, I'll go!"

Ryan stormed out the door, slamming it shut behind him. Anger at Davey's accusations still pulsed through his veins, but Ryan felt a wave of relief wash over him. Brendon- of course he wouldn't cheat, hadn't he just professed his love for the young prince the day before? He strode down the corridor, pushing away the knot of guilt that had formed in his stomach. Glancing at the late afternoon scenery outside the window, Ryan decided a ride with his gorgeous boyfriend was exactly what he needed. Excited by the thought, he quickened his pace. Suddenly as Ryan rounded a corner, he smacked into someone, toppling over from the impact.

"I'm so sorry! How thoughtless of me! Are you alright?" Ryan spotted short brown hair and muscled arms. "Jon?"

"Your majesty! I'm terribly sorry, entirely my fault."

"Its fine." Ryan smiled as the both stood. "How's Spencer?"

"He's okay," Jon said, wiping his hands nervously on his pants. "If your majesty would excuse me..?"

"Oh!" Ryan said, surprised. "Of course! Nice to see you again."

Jon nodded politely and hurried down the hall. Ryan stood, perplexed at Jon's hurried politeness when he had been so friendly before. Chalking it up to worry of being found out, Ryan shoved open the heavy door that led outside. The sunlight warmed his skin and dried the few remaining tears left over from his day of nursing a broken heart. Ryan strolled leisurely down the well worn path, nodding to his future subjects along the way. Ryan crept around the outside of wooden building and tugged open the side door. He crouched into a stall, hiding behind the large animal housed there. The horse took one look at him and switched its tail indifferently. Ryan heard voices coming towards him. Hah, no spy indeed; he would show Brendon. Ryan heard a voice he didn’t recognize.

"-got a good loot thanks to your info."

"Yeah. Just make sure no one else finds out." That was definitely Brendon. "Davey-"

Ryan's heart thudded in his chest. Brendon wouldn't- he couldn't..

"Davey? That old pansy won't tell anyone. And if he does open his fat mouth, we've got people who can shut it for good."

Ryan's anger left white spots in his vision.

"Shut the fuck up Brent."

"Come on Bren, don't tell me you actually give a shit about that little brat."

"I said shut up!"

"Whatever." Ryan could hear the smirk in Brent's voice. "We'll be in touch Urie."

Ryan stood and saw Brendon slumped against the wall, eyes closed. The prince barely even noticed what he was doing as he closed the space between them in three long strides. Ryan slapped the stable boy so hard it left his hand tingling. Brendon bent over in pain, holding the red handprint on his cheek. "Ryan, you were- you heard?"

"Yes I fucking heard! How could you? All this time you were using me? I- you said you loved me." Ryan's voiced dropped from a scream to a heart broken whisper.

Brendon looked at him with eyes filled with regret. "Ryan I am so so sorry. I- I do love you-"

"Obviously not!" Ryan's voice broke as he yelled through his tears. "Davey warned me and I should have fucking listened. Fuck you Brendon Urie." Ryan turned and ran out the door, leaving Brendon still trying desperately to explain.
Sign up to rate and review this story