Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Hina > Love Hina: Payback

Part Three

by Headcrook 0 reviews

Keitaro's vengeance against Naru continues...

Category: Love Hina - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-12 - Updated: 2008-10-12 - 4651 words

0Unrated
Part Three

Following Naru's expulsion from Hinata House via Shinmeiryu power, Keitaro and the others returned inside. Since it was late and the hotels were at full capatcity for a salaryman's convention in Tokyo, Keitaro offered Tsuruko and Shin a room for the night. The Shinmeiryu master kendoka and her husband accepted the offer and Keitaro allowed Motoko to show them to their room.

Meanwhile, Keitaro, drained from the Hina Blade and using the attack on Naru and Kentaro, decided to rest in the common room. As Mutsumi watched over him, his head in her lap, Kanako ordered Shinobu, Suu and Sara to work on the dishes while the others start cleaning out Naru's room. Before the birthday party, Keitaro had told Kanako that once Naru was gone, that her belongings were to either be burned or thrown in the trash. Deciding that tossing them in the garbage would be safer than burning them (eventhough the idea had merit), the group got to work.

"That was a real interesting birthday party," Motoko said as she cleaned out Naru's drawers, tossing clothing into a garbage bag.

"Just be thankful that you didn't earn onii-chan's wrath," Kanako replied as she cleaned out several bookshelves.

Motoko nodded. "I thought I knew Naru. But tonight's events showed what she really is."

"A no-good lying, cheating, evil, despicable rotten bitch?"

The short-haired kendoka turned to a smug Kitsune. "That is putting it mildly, Kitsune," she replied.

"Personally, I would have not stopped at what Konno had said," Kanako said. "What's this?"

Haruka, Seta and the two girls turned to Kanako. In her hands, was Naru's diary. Kanako began to flip through it. When she found nothing of interest, she turned to the back and started working backwards. The expression turned from curious to that of downright cold fury as she read something that was not mean for outside eyes to read.

Haruka caught the look from her niece. "What is it?" she asked.

Kanako didn't reply to her aunt's question. Instead, she began to read the diary entry. "'Keitaro has returned from his little excavations with Seta. With him around, it will be even more difficult to meet up with Kentaro. Then again, all I have to do is send him into low-earth-orbit and he will take his time in coming back from wherever I knock him to.'"

Everyone was silent as Kanako continued to read the entry. In the back of her mind, Haruka was wishing that she should have taken the Hina Blade from Keitaro and ran both Naru and Kentaro through. Motoko was thinking along the same lines.

"'Today, Kitsune is at the horse tracks and Motoko is with her kendo club on another training trip. Shinobu and the others are at school and Kentaro has the day off,'" Kanako continued to read. "'I can invite Kentaro to the dorm, since Kanako is spending time with her stepbrother. I'll bet she is just as perverted as Keitaro with her spooky dress and that cat of hers. But inviting Kentaro to visit me is a good idea.

'We'll be alone for a couple of hours. Maybe we can do it in Keitaro's room. Ha! Imagine the look on that pervert's face if he finds out that Kentaro and I had sex in his room, on the desk, in his futon...he will flip out...no, he can't do that. He'll get depressed and beg for forgiveness, like he always does. God, I wish he would just leave Hinata House. I don't care if he is related to Haruka and Granny Hina. He still doesn't belong here.'
"

Kanako closed the diary. By this time, the familiar emotion of anger has returned. From what Kanako had read, Naru Narusegawa had no conscience or remorse of her actions. To add insult to injury, she had violated and desecrated Keitaro's room with Kentaro!

Haruka bit down on the cigarette in her mouth, fighting the urge of leaving Hinata House, tracking down Naru and tossing her into Tokyo Bay...after beating the shit out of her, of course.

Kitsune was disgusted with what Naru has done. "I'll buy Keitaro a new futon tomorrow," she said. "I got some cash from a big win on the horse races and he deserves it."

Seta nodded. "That's nice of you, Kitsune." Even Kanako and Motoko agreed that it was the right thing to do.

Kanako placed the diary in the garbage bag. "While you get the futon, I will call a cleaning service to clean and disinfect onii-chan's room. I think it will be best that he doesn't know about this."

Haruka, in the meantime, was on her way out the door. "I'll check on Keitaro," she said before disappearing down the corridor.
===
Haruka found Keitaro in the same place as before. Only this time, he was fast asleep. Mutsumi was keeping a silent vigil over him, stroking his hair. His glasses were on the table and the Hina Blade, now sheathed, was resting up against the wall.

"How is he?" Haruka asked.

"He's asleep," the Okinawan beauty replied softly. "Poor Keitaro. He must have taken this hard. He really loved Narusegawa."

Haruka nodded. "We're all shocked by this. I never thought that Naru, out of all people would do this to him." Mutsumi smiled at the sleeping manager and said nothing. Then Haruka asked her, "You care for my nephew?"

"More than that, Haruka. I love him," Mutsumi replied softly, "but I was willing to stand aside so that he could be happy with Naru." After a moment, the watermelon aficionado spoke again. "Back when we were kids, Naru and I had a janken game over Kei-kun. The winner would pursue Keitaro. I lost, but after so many years, I'm with him again." She sighed. "But I can wait. Keitaro needs some time to get over Naru's betrayal. For now, I will be there for him as a friend."

The elder Urashima smiled. "It should have been you as the promised girl, instead of Naru. Granny Hina told me that Naru was Keitaro's promised girl. But given the recent events, she would have been the worst choice. But I'm glad that you truly love him. Gods know that Keitaro deserves some happiness."

With that said, Haruka returned to Naru's - or what used to be Naru's room - to finish the cleanup, leaving Mutsumi and Keitaro alone. The busty Okinawan looked down on Keitaro and smiled softly. "I love you, Keitaro," she said softly.

Keitaro's response was to snort softly and mumbled incoherently in his sleep.
===
Meanwhile, on the other side of Kanagawa Prefecture, Naru and Kentaro were picking themselves up from the ground. "Stupid baka," Naru muttered as she picked the leaves and twigs from her hair as Kentaro did the same. "When I get back there, he is going to pay for this!"

Kentaro placed one hand on her shoulder. "You heard Keitaro. You can't go back. And even if you did, you got to deal with his family, Motoko and her sister and Seta. I think we should just find a place to stay."

Naru knew he was right. "My parents' home is close by. We can take a cab there."

Kentaro nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

After making it to the main road, Kentaro flagged down a passing cab. The two lovers got in and Naru gave him their destination. Once they arrived, Kentaro paid the man and the cab sped off. Walking up to the front door, Naru fished out her house key from her pocket, unlocked the door and opened it. Kentaro closed the door once they both were inside.

"I'm home!" Naru shouted. "Mom? Mei? Anybody?"

Naru saw the light on in the kitchen. When she and Kentaro entered, they saw not only Naru's mother and stepfather, but also Naru's father seated at the dining room table.

As Naru's mother stood up, Naru smiled, or at least tried to, given the bruises she has suffered from Kanako and Haruka. "Mom, I'm--"

SMACK!

Naru's head rocked to the side from the powerful impact of her mother's slap across the face. This time, the slap drew blood from her lip. "Do you know what we got in the mail today?" Naru's mother hissed. She then threw the photos of Naru and Kentaro in her face. "A letter, from your boyfriend, and these photos and cassette tape!"

Naru turned to face her mother, only to be slapped yet again. "You cheat on him and show no remorse," Naru's mother continued. "I thought we raised you better than that!"

In the back of her mind, Naru cursed to herself. She remembered that she had introduced Keitaro as her boyfriend to her parents shortly before he had left with Seta. Her parents had approved of Keitaro, saying that he was a respectable and honorable man.

Naru's father sighed as he stood to his ex-wife's left, while Naru's stepfather stood to the right. "It appears that sending you away was the worst thing to do. We're damn lucky that he isn't suing us for damages to the dorm you were staying in!" her stepfather snarled.

"But we will make some amends for your behavior," Naru's father added, being the more calm and rational of the three. "However, you will not be staying with me, or with your mother for that matter."

"What?" Kentaro blinked. "She is your daughter! You can't just abandon her to the streets!"

"We just did," Naru's mother replied. "She of all people should have known better. As far as I am concerned, I have no daughter." Her cold facade was not broken when Naru crouched to her knees and grabbed her mother's knees in a begging position.

"Mom, please!" Naru pleaded. "I have nowhere else to go!"

"You should have thought of that before you flaunted yourself like a cheap whore," Naru's mother shot back venomously. "Get out of my house. You are dead to me. You can rot in the streets for all I care."

At that moment, Naru did something she rarely did.

She broke down and cried, still holding on to her mother, that is until Kentaro gently pulled her away. Looking at the faces of Naru's former family, he turned and guided her to the front door, with Naru's former family watching with angry expressions. Before they could reach the door, Naru looked to the stairs and saw her stepsister standing on the stairs.

Naru gently dislodged herself from Kentaro and slowly approached the preteen girl. "Mei..."

Mei showed what she thought of her stepsister by spitting in her face. Without a single word, Mei turned and ran up the stairs. By this time, her mother had the door opened. Kentaro walked through, followed by Naru.

Before closing the door, Naru's mother added, "You are no longer welcome here. Don't come back or I will call the police," before slamming the door in her former daughter's face.

Naru's shoulders slumped as the door slammed. Keitaro was burning every single bridge she had. But in the back of her mind, she continued to believe that she had done nothing wrong concerning her ex-boyfriend. Now her parents want nothing to do with her and the spit on her face showed what Mei thought of her older stepsister.

Kentaro looked at the gathering clouds. "Come on, It's going to rain."

Naru took one last look at her home and walked away with Kentaro.
===
The following Monday, Naru arrived at Tokyo University.

She knew that since she couldn't return to Hinata House, she would have to procure a new set of textbooks and other supplies. What made Naru mad was the fact that her parents have been notified about her infidelity and one thing that the Narusegawa family valued above anything else was their honor. So when they found out that Naru had betrayed her boyfriend without any remorse, they cut her off from the family.

With no one but Kentaro to support her (how long was the question, given the fact that either Keitaro or Haruka would soon notify his father of his misdeeds), Naru was left alone.

As she walked through the gates, she saw that something was amiss. The majority of the students were whispering amongst themselves, looking at her and occasionally pointing at her. Some of the looks that were sent Naru's way were those of disgust and anger. Even some of the teachers were giving her the cold shoulder.

This annoyed Naru to no end. When a student passed her, she saw what they were looking at and yanked it out of his hand. What she saw shocked her.

It was a picture of herself, along with the word CHEATER neatly typed in Japanese and English.

And there were hundreds, if not thousands more scattered all over the university campus. Naru gritted her teeth and tore the paper in two. The male student she had taken it from had backed off from Naru, since he had heard the rumors about her short temper and her power punches.

There was only one person that Naru knew who could have pulled something like this off. She thought she knew Keitaro, but as he had shown at her birthday party, she had clearly underestimated him. He had ejected her from Hinata House, he had gotten her parents to turn against her and now, he was reporting on her adultery to the entire campus.

Little did she know that it wasn't her infidelity that the picture of herself was implying.

She was brought out of her rage when one of the university security guards tapped her on the shoulder. Naru spun around, anger being the dominant expression on her face. "WHAT IS IT?!" she roared.

The guard remained unhinged by Naru's outburst. "Miss Narusegawa, your request is needed at the faculty room." The way he had said it was more of a statement rather than an a question.

Naru tossed the halves of the paper to the side and followed the guard, wondering just how her day could get any worse.
===
Upon entering the faculty room, Naru found that she was facing the most senior of officials and teachers at the university. Seven men and three women, seated behind a table. All had either stoic or cold expressions on their faces. The security guard excused himself and left Naru alone with the faculty members.

The senior administrator, a elderly teacher of politics named Mukada, pointed to the chair in front of the table. "Sit," he ordered.

Once Naru did as she was told, Mukada held up a sheet of paper. "Miss Narusegawa, do you know what these are?" he asked. Before Naru could reply, Mukada continued. "This is your entrance exams from your second attempt. Your real entrance exams."

Naru paled as she shifted in her seat.

"You have failed the entrance exams for the second time," Mukada continued, "and yet, you are a Todai student." He showed her the second set of papers. Naru recognized them as the fake papers she used to get into Tokyo U. "I received these in the mail this morning. This particular extrance exam is three years old and we change the exams once every six months. You have paid someone to falsify documents so you can call yourself a Tokyo University student."

The middle-aged female, the professor of economics continued. "Narusegawa, we are very disappointed in you. We thought that given your high marks in cram school, you would know better. I guess we were wrong. Because of your actions, you have caused a scandal, once that we at Tokyo University can ill afford to contend with."

"We cannot allow you to tarnish the good reputation of this university," Mukada said. "So we must rectify the situation." Naru's blood ran cold as Mukada made the council's decision known. "You are expelled from Tokyo University and banned for life."

Naru was on her feet. "You can't do that! You have no right!" she shouted, once again letting her anger get the best of her.

Now Mukada was on his feet. "No right? I am the senior teacher of this university! I have every right!" he roared, the power of his voice making Naru flinch back. Calming down, he turned to the two guards who had came in at Naru's outburst. "Gentlemen, escort Miss Narusegawa to the gates and do not allow her back onto the property under no circumstance."

The guards nodded and escorted Naru from the room and out of the building.
===
While Naru was dealing with the administration, Keitaro, along with Mutsumi, met Nabiki at the university gates. Nabiki held one of the flyers in her hand. "I take it that this is your doing?" she inquired as she handed Keitaro the flyer.

Keitaro nodded. "It is. I had to use some of my private savings to get two thousand copies of these from the print shop. My friends helped me in distribution."

Nabiki chuckled. "I could have used someone like you back when I was at Furinkan." She looked at Mutsumi. "Who's your friend?"

Keitaro conducted the introductions. "Nabiki, this is a friend of mine, Mutsumi Otohime, and also a Tokyo University student. Mutsumi, this is Nabiki Tendou. She is a business major and shares a class with me. She also was the one who gave me that cassette tape and photos of Narusegawa and Sakata."

"Nice to meet you, Nabiki," Mutsumi said in her Okinawan accent, bowing.

"Likewise," Nabiki replied as she returned Mutsumi's bow. 'She could almost pass for Kasumi, given the fact that they both have the same hairstyle and mannerisms,' she thought. 'Only difference is her accent.' Nabiki turned to Keitaro. "I never expect you to be quite the Casanova, Urashima. You dump Narusegawa and you get another girlfriend by the end of the week."

Keitaro blushed furiously as Mutsumi made the save. "Ara, we are not dating, Nabiki-chan," Mutsumi said. "Kei-kun and I are childhood friends."

"Whatever. So I take it that Narusegawa didn't take her little present from you not to well," Nabiki continued as she walked alongside Keitaro and Mutsumi.

"Nope," Keitaro replied. He then gave Nabiki a detailed account of what had happened on that night, concluding with him 'ejecting' both Naru and Kentaro out of the dorm via a Shinmeiryu ki technique.

"I'm not done with her just yet," Keitaro continued as he, Nabiki and Mutsumi walked towards the main building. "I mailed her family copies of the photos and made a copy of the tape to play for them. I got a call from Naru's stepfather, telling me that her family disowned her and they will be reimbursing me for back rent and damages to the dorm. Sakata's father should find out about what his son had done from my aunt Haruka soon enough."

"Sounds like you're going to burn every single bridge she has," Nabiki said.

"In a manner of speaking, yes," was the reply.

They were nearly halfway across the university's courtyard when Naru exited the main building. Anger was the evident expression on her face as she was escorted from the building by several of the university's guards. There was nothing but silence as the Todai students parted, giving Naru a clear path to the university gates. Naru flinched under the intense glares and stares of the other students as they whispered amongst themselves.

"She was the number one in the country for mock exams a while back...you mean that cheater made it into Todai...I heard that she didn't cheat on only her entrance exams, I heard she cheated on her boyfriend...what a slut..."

As the whispers continued, Naru's blood begin to boil as she looked for a convinient target to unleash her rage on.

That was when she saw Keitaro, along with Mutsumi and another girl standing amongst the students.

That was when all hell broke loose, as the scream was heard throughout the campus of Tokyo University. Having lost her home, her family and now her place inside one of the most prestigious universities in Japan, Naru had only one thing on her mind when she saw the perverted baka and his Okinawan floozy.

"DAMN YOU, KEITARO! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Naru knocked the two guards to the ground, the two men holding their jaws as they moaned and writhed in pain following the Power Naru Punches to their jaws. Then she made a beeline for her ex-boyfriend and former friend. Keitaro saw her coming and pulled Nabiki and Mutsumi out of the way.

In order to get to Keitaro and the two girls, Naru had to punch her way through several students and teachers, of which the former Todai student had no problem of doing. Keitaro cursed to himself at leaving the Hina Blade at the house. But as Naru closed in on Keitaro and Mutsumi, Nabiki, seeing that Naru was beyond reason and Keitaro had to defend both himself and Mutsumi, did something that her younger sister usually did when her fiance pissed her off.

As Naru pulled her fist back, Keitaro stood in front of Mutsumi, preparing to take the blow. He knew that given his 'immortality,' he would recover. Mutsumi, however could be seriously hurt by Naru's wild freak punches.

WHAM!

Instead of Keitaro sent flying by Naru's punch, it was Naru that was sent flying back several feet. Both the manager and the Okinawan watermelon fanatic looked at Nabiki in shock. In the wily Tendou's hands was a wooden mallet. Nabiki had clocked Naru square in the face with the wooden hammer, sending her away from them from the time being.

Off Keitaro and Mutsumi's expressions, Nabiki shrugged her shoulders as the mallet disappeared from her hand. "Just a little something I picked up from my little sister. Guess it pays to learn the family style once in a while. I swear, Naru's got some serious problems."

"Tell me about it," Keitaro replied. "You did say that your family pratices martial arts. What was the style again?"

"School of Indiscriminate Grappling," Nabiki replied as if she was asking Keitaro for the time. "But it's mainly known as Anything Goes Martial Arts."

Meanwhile, Naru shook the stars out of her head. Her jaw hurt like hell from the impact of the mallet that Nabiki wielded. Speaking of which, Naru saw that her former manager and the other girl were talking. She then charged again, only this time she was gunning for Nabiki.

Nabiki saw her coming and the mallet was out, ready to defend herself from the rampaging redhead.

Only this time, fate intervened.

The university's karate team was out in full force. Having heard Naru's scream/battle cry, they rushed to the scene, just in time to see Naru charge at Nabiki. This time, instead of Naru getting another mallet shot to the face, the karate team stood in her way. Naru, having learned some martial arts and self-defense techniques from both Granny Hina and Motoko, gave the karate team a run for their money.

"Now where the hell am I?"

Keitaro, Mutsumi and Nabiki turned from the brawl to face the newcomer. Nabiki recognized him immediately, whereas Keitaro did not. Mutsumi saw him on several occasions back in Okinawa, asking for directions, and now he was here in Tokyo.

The guy was Japanese muscular, dressed in a green sleeveless shirt and black pants. A backpack was slung over his back and a red umbrella was in one hand. A yellow-and-black striped bandanna was on his head, keeping his dark hair out of his eyes.

The boy recognized Nabiki immediately and made his way over to her. "Nabiki?"

Keitaro turned to his fellow classmate. "You know this guy?"

Nabiki nodded and turned to the newcomer. "Sorry, Ryouga. This isn't Nerima. You're at Tokyo University. Akane's at Waseda with Ranma."

Ryouga Hibiki blinked. He was in the wrong place yet again! 'Damn bad sense of direction!' his mind screamed. Normally, he would have blamed his chief rival for this, but he had no one else to blame but himself for his bad sense of direction. He thought he was going in the right direction to Nerima, but ended up in Bangkok. After fighting several Muay Thai champions, he headed for Japan, only to find himself in the notorious Brazilian slum known as the 'City of God.' Now, after a sightseeing tour of the Andes Mountains, the Great Wall of China and the Kremlin, not to mention having to fight his way through Burma and North Korea, Ryouga was back in Japan, only to find out that Akane was attending university...with him.

Meanwhile, Naru, despite having taken several serious shots, had taken out the Karate club and charged for Keitaro. Only problem was Ryouga was in her way.

Fortunately, Keitaro saw Naru coming. "Behind you!" Keitaro shouted.

"Wha--?" Ryouga turned around, just as Naru unleashed her Naru Atomic Punch on the unsuspecting lost boy.
CRUNCH.

Naru's fist impacted against Ryouga's jaw. As Keitaro watched in total shock, Naru's punch didn't even made him flinch. On the other hand, it did break every bone in Naru's hand and fractured her lower arm from the impact.

Naru let out another scream, only this time it was a scream of extreme pain as she held her mangled hand with her remaining good one.

"How in the..." Keitaro began.

"Breaking Point training," Nabiki replied. "Ryouga here is built like an armored tank. Which is why Naru broke her hand."

"Ara..." Mutsumi said, shocked herself.

By this time, the police have arrived. Still clutching her broken hand, a whimpering Naru made her retreat through the university's back entrance.
===
Kentaro had gotten off the hospital phone. He had placed a call to a friend of his, whose father owned several apartment buildings, one of which was in the red-light district known as Kabukicho.

After Naru had broken her hand, she had narrowly escaped the police. Once she made it to the hospital, she called Kentaro and told him what had happened. Kentaro, however, did not make it unscathed either. His father had summoned him to his office, having been notified by Haruka concerning his role in the affair.

Furious and fearing a scandal should this ever reached his business rivals's ears, Sakata disowned his son and as a act of penance, gave Keitaro and Hinata House Kentaro's trust fund. On top of that, the elder Sakata had named his younger brother the heir to the family business, rather than his son, which all but infuriated the boy.

What his father didn't know was that Kentaro had a hidden bank account with enough cash for them to lay low for several months. His friend was the landlord at the apartment building and owed Kentaro a favor. And Kabukicho would be the last place anyone would look for Naru Narusegawa, or himself for that matter.

Kentaro sighed. 'I knew the risks when I got involved with her. There is no turning back now. All I can do is prepare for the worse. Once Naru is finished here, we're gone, since the police will be checking the hospitals for a crazy redhead who broke her hand at Tokyo University.'

To make matters worse for Naru, as Kentaro had found out, not only was Naru banned from Tokyo University, but from every single college and cram school in Japan. Kentaro was relieved that Keitaro's anger was directed at Naru, rather than at him. 'Then again, my father did disown me,' he thought as Naru exited the examination room. She looked like hell and her arm and hand was in a cast, the end result of her ill-advised attack on Ryouga Hibiki.

Right now, the only thing Kentaro and Naru could do was leave the hospital and head for their arranged safe-haven in Kabukicho.
Sign up to rate and review this story