Categories > Original > Romance

Albino Fire

by Looniperson8907 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-13 - Updated: 2008-10-13 - 1000 words

0Unrated
Prologue

Everyone was hungry, for the death of them.

Land around the group of life was completely destroyed…and nothing…nothing was left. Everything was absolutely gone, or collapsed. Homes and buildings were rampaged through, and crumbling… and children in the mob, worried that they wouldn't be able to find their parents in the situation; all because no one knew how to find the bad ones. How to kill them, because they were different. Obviously they were criminals…though they'd done nothing wrong~ for the most part.
Lavender Shanes stared ahead at the angry, large cluster of people; with terror, etched into her expression. The people wanted to wipe out the Jade family~ and here she was… standing in the middle.

Stars and the absence of color surrounded everyone, and everything. Flashlights made it possible for Lavender to see anything at all~ but they moved and were often dropped, sometimes shutting off. What she did know, was that Valian stood upfront, before the rest of the Jade family~ taking the mob of people on, with his sure stance. Lead right foot forward, and fists closed~ he surely appeared to be the leader.

Lavender's best friend Robin stood just a step behind Valian, with his own posture sturdy, and ready for a fight. He certainly wasn't as threatening as anyone of the Jade family…but if he could do anything to protect her, and that family…he'd do it. Robin loved Lavender…as much as he could. Though Valian had her heart, Robin could have her friendship~ for the rest of his life. He wouldn't let the people of Newport News, Virginia, get between everything.
Or anything.
The two fronts were going to collide…and Lavender knew who would not win.
The group of three hundred and sixty-two people, that wanted to kill the family of four ~not including her and Robin…
were not going to win.

Robin's eyes darted through the crowd…and he realized, he no longer knew these people. All of them… were no longer anything but hypocrites. None of them were friends with him, anymore…and they definitely, did not associate with Lavender.
But his eyes managed to stop on one person…the one that stood aside the leader of the group, with a katana in his hand…skin, tanned like his own…hair, black, smooth and long, like his own. The same face, as his own. Eliot colts…his twin brother.
One massive roar, and suddenly him, and the rest of the three hundred and sixty-one people were stampeding towards the Jades…Robin, and Lavender included. Eyes widening, Robin looked to Valian, who let out a roar of his own, and shook his head~ trying in a desperate frenzy to stop him from doing the inevitable.

"My brother is out there! Stop, please!" desperately, he plead…the one person, that barely, he knew anymore, was out there; unaware of the strength he was about to barely brush…unaware, of the burning ~although quick~ pain he would encounter…and unaware, of the life he wouldn't even know he'd lost. But no one could hear a word he said…and before he even started his next cry, Valian himself had taken off.
Robin didn't stand there, and let him go without thought…he ran aside him, and his adrenaline was the only thing that kept up with Valian's amazing speed, through the humid air that was making him sweat.
"No!"

Managing to get amid Valian and Eliot was almost death itself~ close enough, to consider being it already, as it was coming to him either way. The closeness of his skin, to the sudden danger of Valian's presence was now unavoidable…and he knew then and there he wouldn't make it. But he wouldn't let his brother feel the pain, he knew he would barely feel. Robin held both arms to the side of him…but it was too late, and realizing it wasn't enough. A loud, horrific screech rang into the ears of the people, and Valian's skin burst into impossibly beautiful flames, taking over any clothing he had and ripping them to ash. Eliot pounded his heels into the asphalt, halting his stride, along with the rest of the crowd breathing and gasping behind in shock. They immediately stuttered backwards ~avoiding the impossibly hot gas~ to stare in horror at the searing death, that now engulfed Robin.

His screams were a strain to everyone's earshot, and a painful tone, at that. Watching, was another thing. The scorching, flickering fire danced and crackled against Robin's tan skin, once perfect skin… and burned him~ sizzling, and popping mercilessly. Thrashing and convulsing motion coming from the core swallowed inside the flames persuaded everyone to back up~ including Valian, who didn't want to burn the body more-so. Lavender's heart completely stopped beating…or at least it'd felt like it. The scene of her very best friend, dying in action was too much to take…too much for her to watch, while there was nothing in the world she could do. He would only last seconds…not enough for anyone, to do anything.
It couldn't be happening.
Her best friend, was going to die.

In no less than fifteen seconds…nothing was left. The body was limp…the thrashing discontinued, and the screams now silent. Robin…gone.
Black, oily looking bubbles surfaced on his charred, dead skin, and his white bones started to appear through the melting ripples of flesh. Even these, started to discolor, and become digested by the searing gas.

And no one did anything. All of the people watched…listening, to the new sound in the air. Sobs~ not coming from Eliot, his own twin…who stared, in denial…
but from the girl that he took care of, for the longest time…the girl he loved, and protected until he could no longer…
Lavender.

Valian killed Robin. And Lavender's self image, crumbled even further. She killed Robin.

Definition of Lavender Shanes: Failure.

Love created war.
Love…created…war.
Sign up to rate and review this story