Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 9

by flawedrainbow 3 reviews

-Evie- R&R!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-15 - 2480 words

0Unrated
A/N Read & Review!

-Evie’s POV-

Ryan and I got home not too later and he gave me their demo CD. Nothing much happened that night. Adrienne arrived home a few hours later, made dinner and we all hung out in the lounge room for a couple of hours. Just talking and laughing. A yearned for that feeling of family I could sense between the two of them. I went to bed around 9pm. Bed. Wow, definitely a lot comfier than the cold hard ground I’m used to.

The next morning I awoke to a knocking on my door. Yeah, Adrienne gave me my own room! Crazy woman! Anyhow, back to the door. I groaned tiredly before throwing the blankets off of me and making my way towards it, opening it gently.

“Yeah?” I asked, rubbing my right eye.
“Morning. Just wanted to know if you wanted a lift somewhere today or if you were gonna stay here.” Ryan replied, still dressed in his PJ’s (a loose top and boxers if you wanted to know).
“Uhh sure. I’ll go get ready.” I told him.
“No rush. We’ll leave in an hour.” He told me.
I nodded before shutting the door and proceeding to get ready for the upcoming day.

I had a quick shower, dried my hair and scurried into my walk in wardrobe to grab some clothes. Apparently Adrienne had been shopping and had bought me some tops, pants, skirts, undergarments and shoes. I really have to get a job soon so I can pay her back! Anyways, I slipped on a plain black singlet top, a pair of jeans and a pair of thongs before I put my hair up in a pony tail.

Another knock at my door sounded, making me walk out of my wardrobe to answer it.
“Hey. You ready?” Ryan asked, now dressed in his uniform.
“Yep. Let’s go.” I said, grabbing my backpack, taking the brown bag that Adrienne handed me and followed him out to the car.

I threw my backpack to my feet before sitting down and buckling my seatbelt. As I opened up the brown paper bag, I realised Adrienne had made me 2 slices of toast and that they were still warm. I smiled before ripping off a piece and eating it.
“So, where to?” Ryan asked as he started the ignition.
“Uhh, corner of Bracefield Avenue thanks.” I replied.
Ryan nodded and began to drive.

“So... what’s in the bag? It seems to follow you everywhere.” Ryan chuckled.
“Oh uhh, just my journal and a jacket.” I replied quietly, finishing off my last piece of toast.
“Journal? What type of journal?” he asked curiously.
“One you write in?” I nervously chuckled, not knowing where this was going.
“No, I mean what do you write? Like poems, stories, lyrics or just entries y’know?”
“Oh... little bit of everything.” I replied, skimming my fingers across the tattered bag.

“Ok. So, do you want me to pick you up?” he asked kindly.
I shook my head, “I’ll call you if I need you.” I replied.
“Alright. Well, I’ll see you later.” He said.
I nodded before unclipping my seatbelt and getting out of the car, “Thanks Ryan.” I smiled before making my way down the street to the music store.

Before I stopped at the music store however, I walked around for a while. After walking around for an hour or so, I made my way to the music store. Once I got there, I saw William hugging Holly close to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Jon’s making moves on Holly.” I William replied angrily.
“I’m going to go and take a nap. I’ll talk to you later Evie.” Holly hugged me and hopped down from the counter, before she received a kiss from Bill, and went to the lesson room.

“You alright?” I asked William, who nodded.
“Yeah. Just a bit angry y’know? She shouldn’t have to go through this.” He sighed.
I nodded and let my eyes wander before they settled upon a piece of paper on the counter.
“Hey Bill, are you still looking for help?” I asked, gesturing towards the ‘help wanted’ sign.
He lifted his head and followed my hand before smiling and nodding, “Yeah. You interested?” he asked happily.

I nodded, “Well yeah, I know what to do and I’m here basically everyday anyways.” I replied, a small smile showing.
“Great! You’ve got the job then.” He smiled.
I ran over to William and hugged him tightly, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I exclaimed, to which he laughed at.

Suddenly we both heard giggling and laughing coming from the lesson room. We both turned to each other and smiled before walking into it. Holly was asleep on the bean chair with a blanket draped around her with a smile plastered on her face. William smiled at the sight before placing small kisses upon her neck, waking her up gently.

“Hey sleepy.” He smiled at Holly and stretched underneath him. I was behind him at the piano and turned towards Holly.
“Were you having a good dream?” I asked. “You were giggling and laughing a lot.”
“Yeah I did.” Holly replied before she proceeded to tell us about it, and Bill stared at her the entire time, something sparkling in his eye.
“Call the doctor.” He told Holly, “I want another test done.” Holly and I stared at him bewildered.

“What?” she asked nervously.
“Please. Just, have another paternity test. I think it’s mine. You’re dream, or maybe even vision, assures me of that.” He replied confidently.
“O-ok. I’ll make an appointment.” She said, playing with the blanket between her fingers.
“Don’t worry Holl, it’ll be fine.” I smiled at her.

Suddenly the bell above the door went off signalling a customer.
“I’ll get that.” I smiled at William before leaving the lesson room and seeing Brendon standing by the piano, running his fingers lightly over the keys.
My heart fluttered at the sight of him, “Uh hey Brendon. Can I help you at all?” I asked him politely.

He looked at me, his red framed glasses slightly askew and making his brown eyes seem even more catching-if possible. He smiled at me afterwards.
“Uhh yeah. D’you work here?”
“Now I do.” I replied happily.
He nodded, “Alright. Well, could you maybe give me a hand for a few minutes?” he asked.
“Sure.” I replied, walking over to him.

After helping Brendon choose some new guitar strings, getting a few picks and other small things he paid for them at the counter.
“So... I was wondering, do you maybe want to hang out some time?” he asked timidly but with a smile.
My smile increased 10 fold, “I’d love to!” I told him honestly, noticing a look of relief wash over his face afterwards.
“Alright. Cool. Well, I’ll see you later and we can figure out when.” He smiled.
I nodded and waved to him as he left the shop.

Wow.

“Well I’m gonna take Holly home. D’you want a lift?” William asked kindly, stepping out of the lesson room with his arms around Holly’s waist lovingly.
I nodded, “Is it cool if I come over Holl?” I asked.
“Absolutely! I’ve missed you! Come on!” she said excitedly, grabbing my hand and skipping out to the car.

“Hey guys.” Patrick greeted as he opened the door.
“Hey.” We all chorused, walking into the house.
“Well uhh, let’s go upstairs.” Holly said.
“I’ll be up in a minute alright?” I replied.
William and Holly both nodded before bounding up the stairs to her room.

I noticed Patrick walked to the lounge to watch TV whereas a bass riff came from the study. Bingo. I walked to the back of the house and to the study, timidly knocking on the door.
“Who is it?” a voice shouted.
“Uhh me.” I replied.
Shuffling, footsteps and a profanity or two were heard before the door opened showing a tired-but happy- looking Peter Wentz.

“What’s up?” he asked with a smirk.
“Not much. Uhh, just wondering, did I hear you talking about starting up a record label by chance?” I asked nervously.
“Yeah sugar I believe you did. Why are you asking? Wanna be a rock star?” he asked with a chuckle.
It took everything I had not to roll my eyes, “No. I just, I heard this really great band. I think you’d like ‘em. I bought you their demo.” I told him, grabbing it out of my bag and handing it to him.
“Hmm, so... you want me to listen to this band, and maybe sign them?” he asked with a small smirk.
“Yeah. They deserve it and I think they could be really big. Not that I analyse each and every band in the area but to sum it up- they’re amazing.” I told him.
“Alright fine. I’ll listen to it now.” He said, turning around and walking over to the CD player, putting the CD in and pressing play.

“Well, they sound good and all but what do I get out of signing them?” he asked cockily once the CD was over.
“Well, a lot of money.” I replied, knowing that was true.
“I dunno... how about, if you go on a date with me, I’ll go, listen to them live, and see where we go from there.” He suggested.
“What?!” I all but screamed.
He smirked again, “If you want me to sign this band you have to go on a date with me.” He said simply.

But- that’s not fair! On the other hand though, Ryan and Adrienne are letting me live with them, this could be me paying him back for his kindness and generosity. And I know for a fact that this is the guys’ dream. I sighed knowing what I had to do.

“Fine. I’ll go out on ONE date with you. But you have to promise that you’re not lying and that you mean what you say.” I told him seriously.
He put his hand over his heart, “I promise on my life,” he said sarcastically, “I expect to see you back here at 9pm tonight dressed nicely.” He told me before closing the door in my face.
I groaned. Tonight!? No fair!

I quickly walked away and up to Holly’s room, making the mistake not to knock.
“Holly I nee-WHOA! Did not need to see that!” I exclaimed placing my hands over my eyes.
“S-sorry Eve. Uhh, give us a second ok?” William asked me.
I quickly nodded and walked out, closing the door behind me before waiting patiently.

A minute later they emerged with messy hair and clothes.
“Ok. You are now both to blame for my mental crisis going on up there and Holly, I need to borrow your phone.” I told them.
Holly reached into her room and handed me the cordless phone before speaking, “You were the silly goose who let us go upstairs and gave us time to do it! And you didn't knock!"
I rolled my eyes and giggled before I quickly dialled Ryan’s number which I had written on my hand and asked him to pick me up from Holly’s. Once that was done, I handed Holly back the phone.

“Ok, now you can go back to ‘consummating your love for one another.’ See you later.” I said, throwing my backpack over my shoulder once again before heading downstairs and sitting on the front porch to wait for Ryan.
---

“So... why are you getting kinda dressed up?” Ryan enquired whilst sitting on ‘my’ bed.
“Uhh because I have a kind of... business opportunity? I dunno, it’s hard to explain. I’m trying to help some people but the only way for it to work is if I go out with this guy.” I cringed, continuing my search through the wardrobe.
“That’s stupid Evie! You shouldn’t have to go out with some guy just so you can help another person. It’s not worth it.” Ryan told me.
“Yes it is Ryan. Trust me.” I sighed.

“Fine. I’m not gonna stop you... how do you need to dress?” he asked.
“He said, and I quote ‘dress nicely’ but... I kinda don’t know how.” I nervously chuckled.
“Alright, let me help you.” Ryan said, approaching the wardrobe and throwing things around.

“Thanks Ryan.” I said with a smile as I looked at myself in the mirror.
Ryan had chosen a knee length black fitted skirt, a blue halter shirt and a pair of heels which were only slightly big. He had also straightened my hair for me.
“How did you break your glasses?” Ryan asked upon noticing the broken middle being held together by sticky tape as he cleaned them.
“Uhh, don’t worry about it.” I replied trying to take them back.
“Please tell me.” He said.
I sighed, “A couple of years ago, when I first met Tom, he punched my nose and the middle part just snapped.” I replied quietly.

“Oh... you’ve had it pretty tough hey?” he replied just as quietly.
“Well... kinda. I mean, I can handle it y’know? That’s why I’ve never really accepted what people offer. I’m just as surprised as you that I accepted to live here-no offence!” I quickly added.
He chuckled, “None taken. Now do you want me to drop you off?” Ryan asked me kindly.
“Uhh yeah. That’d be great.” I replied gratefully.
“Where to?” he asked, seeing as it was now 8:30pm.
“Uhh the corner of Holly’s street if that’s ok.” I told him.
“No problem. Let’s go.”

“Here’s my cell phone. Call home if you need me and I’ll pick you up.” Ryan said, placing the small phone in my palm.
“I feel like such a child.” I muttered.
“Hey, don’t worry about it alright. Just call if you need me.” He said.
“Ok,” I said getting out of the car, “see you later Ry.” I said.
“Bye.” He waved before walking off.

I knocked on Holly’s front door and to my surprise, Pete answered.
“Right on time.” He stated, smiling at me.
“Yeah...” I replied.
He walked out of the house and closed the door behind him before grabbing my hand and leading me towards a massive black car. Of course he would buy himself this type of car. I got in and did up my seatbelt, as did he before he started up the engine and driving down the road.

I wonder what’s gonna happen tonight...
Sign up to rate and review this story