Categories > Original > Fantasy > How Did I Fall In Love With You?

Introduction

by youngboldbeautiful 0 reviews

Things seemed to be going downhill for Natasha. She's moving away from all her friends to a town in Indiana that no one's ever heard of. Her life does a complete 360 when she meets Ash, a guy so we...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-18 - Updated: 2008-10-20 - 1832 words

0Unrated
I don’t remember my dad much, but I’m pretty sure I hate him. He’s the reason I’m like this: half blooded, different, “impure”. I hate it. Why can’t I just be normal like everyone else? I looked up at saw two of my cousins walk past. They scowled at me and continued walking, muttering quietly to themselves.
“Ash, come on, we’re gonna get going.” Mom called to me.
“But I was having so much fun,” I said sarcastically, getting up and stretching. I followed her into the kitchen where everyone was gathered.
“Mom, we’re going to go.” Mom said to my grandma.
“Oh, so soon, Lilia?” Grandma asked, fake compassion in her voice, at least towards me.
“Yeah I have to work tomorrow.” Mom said.
“Alright, see you soon, then? Same to you, Ashur.” She said stiffly.
I didn’t respond. Even though I’ve been around her for 17 years, it’s still awkward to call her my grandma. She is still so young and beautiful, a little older than me, well, she’s hundreds of years older than me. My hair is more silver than hers could ever be, which I thought was unfair.
“See you later then, Mom.” Mom said. I followed her out to the car and got in as she started it.
“Mom, why do I have to go to all these things when I’m always ignored?” I asked.
“I’m not letting you skip out of them, if that’s what you were gonna ask next.”
“But why? I have no purpose there! I just get bad mouthed and scowled at.” I hit my head against the head rest, looking at the ceiling. I sighed, and said quietly, “I wish I was full-blooded.”
Mom hit me. I should’ve said it a little quieter.
“Don’t say that! It shouldn’t matter whether your half-blooded or full-blooded. What matters is that I love you and so did your father.”
“Dad’s the one who made me like this. It’s his fault.”
Mom said nothing. She knew I was right, but she didn’t like talking about him. Making a long story short, Mom killed Dad, but Dad brought it upon himself. They were in a fight. I was about ten. I didn’t see much, since Mom told me to go to my room. Back then I hardly knew what I was going to become. I guess Mom wanted to keep me clueless for as long as she could.
“Why did you do it?” I asked. I didn’t need to elaborate on what “it” was. She already knew. I could tell that she didn’t want to tell me, but I wanted to know. She’s not going to weasel her way out of this one.
She sighed. “7 years ago, when you were ten, your father and I got into a fight. He wanted to expose you to my world, but I wanted to keep it hidden as long as possible.”
I knew it, I thought to myself.
“That night was the night I had to go hunting, but he didn’t know that, so he kept provoking me. Eventually it got to the point where I just went rabid and attacked. That’s why I wanted you to stay in your room. If you would’ve come out, you might’ve been next.” She finished solemnly.
“It’s better that he’s gone anyways. Now I don’t have to look at the face that made me what I am, filth.”
“Will you stop it with all that crap already? You’re just fine the way you are. Don’t take the crap my family gives you. They’re just stuck up snobs who are afraid of change.”
“But I look like they do, and I have the same abilities. Why am I treated so differently?”
“You want the honest truth? They’re jealous of you. Jealous that you can resist the human scent for so long. They’re jealous because hunting doesn’t control you, you control you.” Mom said, pulling into the driveway of our condo.
“What? No, I highly doubt it.” I said, slamming the car door.
“Do you think it’s easy being a full-fledged vampire? Not being able to control your blood lust, being a complete monster? Ash, you have it easy.” Mom said angrily, opening up the garage door. I followed her into the house, not wanting to continue this argument any further. I know she won. She was right. There was no reason for me to have any desire to become one of them, but at the same time, the desire to be among them was undying in me.
I heard my mom laugh angrily as she slammed her purse on the counter. “I was actually hoping for a human boy as you grew up. I thought that you just inherited the looks, but all my hopes were crushed when you turned 14 and you started transforming. Then I thought, well, at least I got half of what I bargained for when I married that guy.”
“Did you ever really love him, Mom? Or did you just use him for that?”
“I loved your father like crazy. I just would’ve preferred someone that didn’t smell so appetizing.”
I just rolled my eyes. “Whatever. I’m going to bed.”
“Oh, is tonight when you start sleeping?” Mom said, more mellow.
“Yeah, it is. I’ll see you in a few days.” I said, heading to the only room in the house with a bed.

I don't remember my dad much, but I'm pretty sure I hate him. He's the reason I'm like this: half blooded, different, "impure". I hate it. Why can't I just be normal like everyone else? I looked up at saw two of my cousins walk past. They scowled at me and continued walking, muttering quietly to themselves.
"Ash, come on, we're gonna get going." Mom called to me.
"But I was having so much fun," I said sarcastically, getting up and stretching. I followed her into the kitchen where everyone was gathered.
"Mom, we're going to go." Mom said to my grandma.
"Oh, so soon, Lilia?" Grandma asked, fake compassion in her voice, at least towards me.
"Yeah I have to work tomorrow." Mom said.
"Alright, see you soon, then? Same to you, Ashur." She said stiffly.
I didn't respond. Even though I've been around her for 17 years, it's still awkward to call her my grandma. She is still so young and beautiful, a little older than me, well, she's hundreds of years older than me. My hair is more silver than hers could ever be, which I thought was unfair.
"See you later then, Mom." Mom said. I followed her out to the car and got in as she started it.
"Mom, why do I have to go to all these things when I'm always ignored?" I asked.
"I'm not letting you skip out of them, if that's what you were gonna ask next."
"But why? I have no purpose there! I just get bad mouthed and scowled at." I hit my head against the head rest, looking at the ceiling. I sighed, and said quietly, "I wish I was full-blooded."
Mom hit me. I should've said it a little quieter.
"Don't say that! It shouldn't matter whether your half-blooded or full-blooded. What matters is that I love you and so did your father."
"Dad's the one who made me like this. It's his fault."
Mom said nothing. She knew I was right, but she didn't like talking about him. Making a long story short, Mom killed Dad, but Dad brought it upon himself. They were in a fight. I was about ten. I didn't see much, since Mom told me to go to my room. Back then I hardly knew what I was going to become. I guess Mom wanted to keep me clueless for as long as she could.
"Why did you do it?" I asked. I didn't need to elaborate on what "it" was. She already knew. I could tell that she didn't want to tell me, but I wanted to know. She's not going to weasel her way out of this one.
She sighed. "7 years ago, when you were ten, your father and I got into a fight. He wanted to expose you to my world, but I wanted to keep it hidden as long as possible."
I knew it, I thought to myself.
"That night was the night I had to go hunting, but he didn't know that, so he kept provoking me. Eventually it got to the point where I just went rabid and attacked. That's why I wanted you to stay in your room. If you would've come out, you might've been next." She finished solemnly.
"It's better that he's gone anyways. Now I don't have to look at the face that made me what I am, filth."
"Will you stop it with all that crap already? You're just fine the way you are. Don't take the crap my family gives you. They're just stuck up snobs who are afraid of change."
"But I look like they do, and I have the same abilities. Why am I treated so differently?"
"You want the honest truth? They're jealous of you. Jealous that you can resist the human scent for so long. They're jealous because hunting doesn't control you, you control you." Mom said, pulling into the driveway of our condo.
"What? No, I highly doubt it." I said, slamming the car door.
"Do you think it's easy being a full-fledged vampire? Not being able to control your blood lust, being a complete monster? Ash, you have it easy." Mom said angrily, opening up the garage door. I followed her into the house, not wanting to continue this argument any further. I know she won. She was right. There was no reason for me to have any desire to become one of them, but at the same time, the desire to be among them was undying in me.
I heard my mom laugh angrily as she slammed her purse on the counter. "I was actually hoping for a human boy as you grew up. I thought that you just inherited the looks, but all my hopes were crushed when you turned 14 and you started transforming. Then I thought, well, at least I got half of what I bargained for when I married that guy."
"Did you ever really love him, Mom? Or did you just use him for that?"
"I loved your father like crazy. I just would've preferred someone that didn't smell so appetizing."
I just rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I'm going to bed."
"Oh, is tonight when you start sleeping?" Mom said, more mellow.
"Yeah, it is. I'll see you in a few days." I said, heading to the only room in the house with a bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story