Categories > Books > Warriors > Warriors: Twining Destruction: Sunlight

Prologue

by Brightstar_205 0 reviews

My own Warriors(tm) series with four new Clans. (tm)= Erin Hunter

Category: Warriors - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-10-21 - Updated: 2008-10-21 - 506 words

0Unrated


Prologue




The beautiful calico she-cat padded quickly to the nursery, where a tortoiseshell was giving birth to her first litter.

“W-what’s happening?” the tortoiseshell asks, worried.

“It’ll be okay, Daisypetal,” the medicine cat reassured her, placing three bundles of fur on the ground. They sat there, mewling for food.

Daisypetal nodded and counted her kits. “Is this all of them, Starleaf?” Daisypetal asked, licking her kits to clean them.

“Yes,” Starleaf replied. She pushed a pile of leaves to Daisypetal. “Eat these. It’s borage. They’ll help with your supply of milk.”

Daisypetal winced as she ate the borage. “I wish Bramblestorm was here. He would’ve been proud of his kits.” Bramblestorm was Daisypetal’s mate. He went out of the camp to chase a fox, and was never seen again. Most cats say that the fox ate him.

“What are you going to name them?” Starleaf asked, breaking Daisypetal from her thoughts.

“Right. Names.” Daisypetal touched a black tom’s head with her tail-tip. “This one will be Shadowkit.” She touched a brown she-kit. “This one will be Rowankit.” Finally, she touched a tortoiseshell she-kit that looked like a copy of Daisypetal. “And this one will be Brightkit.”

Berrykit, an almost apprentice, looked at the three small kits in amazement. “They’re beautiful,” Berrykit mewed.

“Thank you, Berrykit,” Daisypetal purred. She looked at Brightkit, who was already trying to escape. “This one’s a little warrior already!”

Starleaf nodded and padded to her den by the nursery. “So much to do,” Starleaf said out loud. “I’ll do it after a nap. I’m practically asleep on my paws!”

Suddenly drifting to sleep, she was in StarClan’s hunting grounds when she woke up. “Hollytail? Icestar?” Starleaf called.

“You have come,” a voice replied from a distance.

“Icestar!” Starleaf purred. “Do you have a message for me?”

“Indeed.” Icestar flicked his tail. “Light, dark, and earth will come together and lead the Clan in its darkest hour.”

Starleaf blinked, confused. “What do you mean?” she yowled, but Icestar was already fading away. “Wait! I don’t understand!”

Starleaf woke with a jolt. “Light, dark, and earth?” she said aloud to herself. “What does it all mean?”

Before Starleaf had time to think, a big white she-cat poked her nose into the medicine den. “You okay, Starleaf?” the she-cat asked.

“Fine, Crystalstar,” Starleaf said. “Just a dream.”

“Was it from StarClan? We haven’t heard from them in many moons. Since Berrykit was born, I think.”

“It was.” Starleaf explained the prophecy briefly to Crystalstar.

Crystalstar nodded. “We will uncover the meaning when the time is right. For now, we will continue to search for it in private.” Crystalstar quickly moved to a different subject. “How’s Daisypetal?”

“Her kits are beautiful,” the medicine cat replied. Crystalstar nodded and walked out of the den. “Wait… Is it the new kits?” Starleaf went out into the open and gazed into the now visible Silverpelt, but for once the stars gave her no answer.
Sign up to rate and review this story