Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Will Always B the 1

"and this is the smile that i've never shown before"

by Syn_INC 2 reviews

The one where Patrick sees it was jsut a dream.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2008-10-24 - Updated: 2008-10-24 - 1833 words

1Moving
~*~
Saturday March 17th, 2007
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Children's ICU ward
Payton's Room
~*~
I stood outside my daughters room looking in on her sleeping form. She was finally asleep after a long bout of throwing up and crying hysterically. All this due to the radiation and chemo. This given to her to kill her current bone marrow. All this in preparation for the transplant.
I heard a noise behind me and Patrick walked up to the waiting room followed closely by his girlfriend, the rest of the guys, and Bob. He came up to me out of breath and with desperate eyes.
"I have to see her." Patrick begged.
I looked at him like he was crazy and then looked back at Bob and Pete who shrugged. I pointed at the glass and he shook his head.
"No, I want to be in there. I need to touch her to make sure she's ok." Patrick exhaled roughly.
"Umm no." I said in my 'end of conversation' tone.
"Yes."
"No Patrick."
"And why the hell not?"
"Because it's crazy! She has no immune system and you just got off a plane. You can kill her."
Patrick shook his head, took his hat off, and ran his fingers through his hair. He then put it back and he started to cry.
"Andrea. Please I NEED to see her. I Need to just make sure she's safe." He was sobbing now and I didn't know what to do.
Before me stood a broken man and I didn't know what to say. Pete came over and patted his friends shoulder.
"Patrick she's fine. Look she's sleeping."
Patrick blew him off and walked into a corner. This is where more people tried to comfort him. They just kept repeating words of condolences, that they didn't understand, that he didn't want to hear. He just had to touch her. I watched him for a bit longer and then I walked out to the nurses station.
"What's up Andie?" Shannon asked.
"I need a shot of penicillin and some scrubs. Oh and page Rob will you?"
Sam nodded and did as I asked. She handed me the scrubs and syringe with said medication in it. I then walked back to the waiting room and Patrick was still in the corner crying. Alicia kneeled in front of him stroking the side of his face and placing small kisses on his head. He didn't do much but nod at her soft words and wipe at his eyes.
He was hearing her but he wasn't listening.
He had regressed to somewhere in his head and the person sitting in front of her was the shell of the Patrick she was trying to speak to. Joe and Pete glared at me as I walked passed them while Bob and Andy nodded. I took the cap off the penicillin shot and as I walked up behind Patrick quickly wiped his arm with an alcohol pad and stuck the needle in his arm.
"What the Fuck!" Alicia yelled as she shot up from her crouching position.
At the commotion Pete and Bob walked over. Patrick stood up and looked at me with questioning eyes.
"First, Andrea...OWW! Second. What are you doing?" Patrick asked glaring at me slightly.
"Its penicillin."
"Why are you giving him penicillin?" Alicia questioned stepping in front of me.
"Well because if he wants to see Payton I'm not taking any chances. He did just get off a plane."
"I mean you could have warned him." Pete chimed in.
"This is a boy who's afraid of needles. Why would I tell him I'm giving him a shot of penicillin, really?" I asked annoyed, "That's like telling a crackwhore she can't have sex, for crack."
"I don't know MAYBE because...I mean, what if he was allergic to it?" Pete blurred out.
"Well he'd be wearing a medical bracelet that said that, and he's not. Then he'd be going into convulsions, or cardiac arrest..maybe both- and I have an for that I have an epi-pen right here..." I concluded with the blankest look on my face.
Pete handed Patrick another alcohol pad and the site where I applied the inoculation was turning red, and quick.
"Dude! Is that a rash?" Pete asked.
I rolled my eyes took the cap off of the Epi Pen with my teeth and stabbed Patrick again.
"THE FUCK!" Patrick yelled, "stop stabbing me with things!"
"Stop stabbing me with things..." I mimicked like a child. He was such a baby. I take that back my patients were less whinney.
"You're nuts." Patrick grumbled.
"Well your boyfriend looked like he was gonna freak. And we don't need to lose a Fall Out Boy." I said rolling my eyes.
Patrick then grabbed another alcohol pad and was placing it on his other arm for some reason. It was there that his arm started to turn red against it. I looked at Patrick's arm and sighed.
"You're allergic to the alcohol pad" I said annoyed.
"How's that..." Patrick trailed off.
"Its probably the fiber or the type of gauze they use in it. You'll be fine." I stated shoving a pair of scrubs into his chest, "there's a changing room in there. Its co-ed hurry up. I mean...if its ok with your boyfriend."
"Its fine." Pete grumbled.
Patrick got up and walked away. 30 seconds later Patrick walked out the changing room. I nodded in approval as I lead him to Payton's clean room.
Rob was already standing there waiting for us.
"You sure about this kid? You haven't even gone in to see her."
"Actually no I think its a horrible idea but its the least I can do." I whispered back to him and he nodded. He then turned his attention to Patrick.
"Alright young man time for you to wash your hands."
He stated pointing to the sink to the left of the room. Patrick nodded and walked over. I watched him only half listening to what Rob was saying. He was doing a horrible job at cleaning himself... he wasn't getting under his nails, using the brush or enough soap. I rolled my eyes told Rob to wait and walked over to him. A grabbed the brush held it under the soap dispenser and then grabbed one of his hands. I began scrubbing his hand and he just stood there quietly.
"You remembered I hated needles?" I stopped for a second and then began again.
"Yea, I guess I did."
"How did you even remember?"
I sighed. This isn't a conversation I wanted to have right now but by the look in his eyes I knew he wouldn't let it go. I let go of his one hand and signaled for him to give me the other.
"I thought of you a lot. I tried not to at first. And then I found out I was pregnant and well... when Payton was born and she looked so much like you it was impossible not to think of you. I replayed our conversations over and over in my head. I thought of you everyday. Making sure to pick up on everything I could possibly remember about you incase one day she ever asked I'd have something legitimate to say" He was silent then apparently not expecting the honesty. I was done with my scrubbing and he rinsed out his hands. We walked over to Rob when he was dry and got him in the rest of the get up to walk into the room.
~
Payton was a bit down seeing as she hasn't had any contact with me or any one but weird looking doctors and nurses for the past 30 hours. Her binky was between her lips and she sucked along as she played with her Fall Out Boy action figures. She was speaking to her Patrick action figure in Spanish and Spanish Pete responded with a 'no se donde esta Jose'.
"What cha got there?" Patrick asked as he fluffed her hair from over her eyes. Payton's eyes immediately shot up
"Papi!" Payton squealed as she pulled her hand up from her bed and was met with Patrick's arms.
He held her as tight as he could in order not to tangle or detach any of her tubes. This little person seemed to light up the whole room. That smell of clean and medicine in the air disappeared as all he smelled was that of the shampoo Andie used to wash her hair with.
"You still have those?" Patrick asked.
The little lady didn't respond and looked back up at Patrick.
"Who are they?"
Patrick knew he was gonna get a kick out of her answer.
"Andres, Jose, Pedro y Paco. Amigos." Payton responded.
"Andy, Joe, Pete and Patrick?"
"No, Andres, Jose, Pedro, y Paco. Friends. I like these."
Payton gave Patrick her Pete & Patrick action figures and he sighed.
"Why?" Patrick asked.
"Huh?"
Payton took out her binky and gave it to Patrick.
"No I-...are they your favorites?"
Payton shook her head and responded. Something about how Patrick's hair on the doll looks like her hair and either how Pete has a funny face or is making a funny face. All that Patrick knew was that Pete's action figure made Payton laugh like no other.
Patrick looked through the window and sighed as he saw his friends and girlfriend all staring at him, Pete does have a funny face! This brought tears of pain and joy to his eyes. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and she looked at him confused.
"No cry papi. Here." Payton stated.
"I don't-"
"Abrazo."
Payton moved and wrapped her arms around Patrick.
"Hey lady...can you make a promise for daddy." Patrick asked.
Payton shrugged and smiled at the silly request.
"Don't ever leave daddy, ok? Because then if you stay. I'll buy you a pony. Ok?" Patrick stated.
Payton didn't understand this new concept but he said he was gonna get her a pony so she agreed with a little kiss to his nose. All little girls need a pony and daddy don't you think?
I stood on the other side of the glass and listened to Pete bad mouth me. This him saying I was a horrible person because he had missed almost 3 years of being with his baby, I really didn't care for, because my baby was happy and so was Patrick. Patrick managed to sneak a look through the glass and gave a smile in my direction. That one I kept for myself.
@@@@@@@@@@
I know I know its about time right! ive been horrible with this story. im sorry. i had some of it written and then Kristy added the rest. and then i added some and there you go...inspiration hit again.
lyrics in the title are by Staind- So far away the thing with the smile fit for the chapter.
leave comments telling me you still care about this.
besos
Sign up to rate and review this story