Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic

Pick The Poison

by PancikingTonight 1 review

Adri finds out exactly how her dad died, then she gets to talk to her mom again...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-10-26 - Updated: 2010-01-01 - 1019 words

0Unrated
Adri's POV
I sat on my bed, in my room that the guys in Misery Riot and I have pitched in to buy. Yes, things changed over the past 2 years. Including that Ashlee's baby thinks I’m his real older sister. It scares me terribly, but its cool, I am an only child.

I am just sitting in my room playing with my white fender, trying to write a new song. Even though we just finished our 2nd album we wanna start doing some recording and promotionals during the tour, since we are basically on the road all the time.

The phone rung, I answered it.

"Hello" I say.

"Is this Adrian Aria?" the voice asked.

"Yeah" I reply slowly. "What's wrong?"

"This is the police station in Riverside, we know exactly how your father died"
When the person on the other line stopped talking I dropped the phone, took my jacket and ran outside.

I drove, and I drove for 2 hours straight, just to go to Riverside. I got to the police station. I had continues flash backs. I shook them from my thought when i got there. The police officers where talking to who? My mom...She was a little taller then me, as skinny as a stick. She had shiny blonde hair, and my color changing eyes. She was a hooker, that’s exactly why my dad and she got that divorce. She was wearing a black skirt, it was tight and above her knees, with a tight white spaghetti strap tank top. When she saw me she ran to me, and gave me the biggest hug ever.

I pushed her aside. The police officers showed me a tape, and put it in the VCR. The video started. I found myself looking my kitchen, neat and clean. My dad was just putting a plate of food on the table; he went over and pulled out a black container from a cabinet. The label said POISON. He poured himself a glass then drunk it, he took a couple bits out of his food and collapsed on the table. I felt a tear run down my face. My mom gave me a tissue and wiped it away. And then on the tape, minutes later we came in. I saw myself, crying now and in the past. This wasn't happened. But this isn’t what happened, well, it’s just what I don’t want to believe.

The next morning I was at my mom's apartment in Riverside. As I arose i smelt my mom's usual perfume mixed with the fresh aroma of pancakes. I got out of bed and took my phone on the bed side.

A thousand messages from Bill, I was totally expecting that. I smiled as i texted him back.

Adri: im in Riverside with my mom, I’ll explain later.

A few minutes later I got a reply.

Bill: don't scare me like that again 

I laughed then walked into the kitchen
.
"Good mornin’ darlin’" She still had the strong southern accent I’d grown to hate. I called it the official prostitute accent, because most prostitute’s I know had a southern accent. She gave me a hug. "I know this is all hard on you, and it is for me too" she started. Without hesitation I hugged her again and started crying.
"Child," she said softly, "Things happen for a reason, and if god meant for this to happen to us, then it did" she pulled me away from her slowly. "How about just me and you today,"

I nodded my head. "You can introduce me to your new handsome beau that's been textin’ you all night" I laughed.

After breakfast we were off, I showed her my apartment that I shared with the band. My half of the apartment, very messy, Rikki's half, very messy, Ajax's very gross and Kevin’s...oddly enough, very neat and clean. Some of the guys were home so they met my mom for like the millionth time. Rikki said he always wanted to meet a hooker when he didn’t know her.

Next just me and my mom went to the next venue me and Misery Riot were gonna play in, its disgusting. We did some shopping then I met up with TAI at there bus. Can you believe that there still touring, too?

I typed the pass code into the bus so I code get in. ACSESS DENIED. That silly Chizzy, must be afraid that Kevin will come and use his German violent side to kill him, again. Instead of knocking Bill got to the door, he didn't see my mom yet.
"I was worried, I tried calling but you never answered and when I went to your place Kevin said you weren't there" he kissed my cheek after saying that, then realized my mom was right there.

"Hi Mrs. Aria" he said. He gave his best fake smile.

"Mr. Beckett, I presume?" My mom said with rage, I betting on it all being fake.. "Im just kidding with you William how are you?" they were acting like they knew each other. I guess that’s how the hooker system works.

"Is Sisky here?" I asked Will. Sisky came to the door and hugged me then she saw my mom and took a step back.

I whispered into his ear. "Well now you saw one, now What’cha gonna do?" he started to run. We laughed.

"Is that boy gonna run all the way to Mexico?" my mom asked still laughing hysterically.

"No, he'll stop when the fans start lining up" Bill said, I gave him a hug.
"Well Ms. Adrienne I half to go, it was nice seeing you again, don't forget, I wanna meet your new parents" she walked back to the car and drove off. It must have been awkward for her to see that I had a perfect life even though she missed it all.

Bill looked down at me. "So now what?" he asked.

"I don't know" I replied. He kissed my head then brought me onto the bus.
Sign up to rate and review this story