Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Life Just Ani't Fair

eight

by LLN 0 reviews

in pt.1

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Romance - Characters: Angel, Buffy, Cordelia, Spike, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-03-11 - Updated: 2006-03-12 - 639 words

0Unrated
Life Just Ain't Fair-ch.8


They stopped at Whitefall for supplies later that month. Mostly because Xander said he would pay for them. It seemed that Xander had accounts all over the 'Verse. Most though weren't in banks but favors people owed him. At first Mal hadn't wanted Xander to pay them anymore than a passager's fee. He just smirked at Mal and called it hazard pay. It became obvious that Xander luck was like Serenity's...bad.


Mal, Jayne, Xander and River walked aboard the ship, they were the last to return from getting supplies. Mal had gotten a wave, from them saying they were in the local jailhouse, for starting a brawl at a bar. He had to go bail them out, the Sheriff asked them to leave the town not wanting the trouble he knew they would bring.


" Just what were you thinking!" Mal almost shouted at them.
"We have enemies who would love to get a hold of us and there you are starting a barroom brawl?"

"Hey," said Xander, we didn't start anything

"No, we finished it." Said Jayne. It seemed one fight against someone else had made them allies for the moment. Simon walked up to River.

"Are you alright,mei-mei?" he asked.

"Bad men touched her...she hurt them." River growled.

"What!" said Simon.

"One of the locals tried to feel the moonbrained girl up. She took exception to it." Said Jayne.

"Violently." Xander added.

"That explains why she did, what she did but what were you tow thinking?" asked Mal to Xander and Jayne.

"The odds were twenty to one!" exclaimed Xander. Mal made a disbelieving noise.

" We know River can handle herself. She took on and ungodly amount of Reavers single handedly. You said she was one of those Slayer girls..."
Yes, Xander had told them about the true history of the 'Verse. That it was older than they knew or were taught. He had to after River threw a three hundred pound man across a room. Added to the fact some of the bounty hunters that would come after Xander wouldn't all be human. He didn't want them too shocked.


"I do not turn my back to a fight that is twenty to one. No matter how power the one fighter is!" Xander lowly hissed at Mal who wisely stepped back at the tone. Mal had seen what happened went Xander used that tone, things and people got dead. Mal nodded, then looked at Jayne.

"What's your excuse?" Mal asked him. Jayne looked at him blankly.

"Violence."

"They had my back." Said River.

" You should have seen it, Mal. The way she tore though them, then she and Xander fought back to back, there moves almost in unison. It was a thing of beauty." Said Jayne in an admiring tone. River smiled slightly, and then frowned.

"Beauty that as a terrible price." She said. Jayne frowned, and then said " Can't even give the moonbrained girl a compliment." As he walked away. River smirked wickedly.

"Do you still prefer her when she was in the box?" she called out to him.

"She was naked then." Jayne muttered just loud enough so they all heard him. River giggled, he then realized what he said and made a frustrated noise as he continuted to walk away. Simon frowned at his sister.

"You shouldn't tease Jayne," he told her " he might try to bite you."
River shrugged and walked up the catwalk, but before she got out of earshot they heard her say " but that's the point."

Both Mal and Simon looked confused at that, but not Xander they saw the understanding look he had.

"Now probably wouldn't be a good time to mention that Slayers have a thing for the bad boy type, would it?" he asked. Both Mal and Simon shook their heads.
Sign up to rate and review this story