Categories > Original > Horror > Wolf Bite

Part 1

by Brightstar_205 0 reviews

I woke up, and I looked in the pond only to see a wolf! I looked behind me, but there was no one there.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-11-04 - Updated: 2008-11-04 - 1168 words

-1Boring
I woke up a couple of days later, as the sun was setting. I tried to stand up, but for some reason I fell on all fours. I noticed something strange; my feet were paws! I ran across the room, went out the back door, and stopped running when I got to Ripply Pond. (I called it that because it always ripples.) I looked in the pond, and I saw a WOLF! Then, my stomach growled. I tried to ignore it, but I just couldn't concentrate. So I fished a bit and ate the fish I caught raw. Then, too tired to think about myself, I went to sleep.

The next morning, at sunrise, I looked into the pond to see not the wolf, but me. Something weird is going on. I thought. Maybe I should go see Grandmother.

I walked into town, and I reached there by five because it's a long walk to town from my little countryside house. I reached a pay phone, and dialed Gram's mother.

"Hello?" a voice said.

"Hello. Grandmother? It's Brittany," I replied.

"Hello, dear. Why did you call, darling?"

"I want to know if I could come over to talk to you about something."

"Of course, dear. I'll make some hot tea and cookies. I'll see you later, dear."

"Bye Gram." I hung up the phone. I then looked at the sun, noticing it was almost sunset. I rushed through town, and arrived in the village that Gram lived in.

I saw Gram's little cottage and I hurried to it. I smelt raspberry tea and chocolate chip cookies. I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Gram called.

I walked in and saw her welcoming me to an arm chair. I noticed it was unusually dark in the small cottage.

"It's so good to see you, darling," she said.

"It's good to see you too," I replied.

Gram noticed my upset tone but said nothing. "I'll be right back with the tea and cookies." She went into the kitchen. I waited about five minutes and saw Gram come out with the refreshments, but she was carrying them in dog bowls.

"Britt, I think I know what you are going to tell me," she said, seriously, putting the tray down and opening the curtain. I saw the sun before it took it's final glimpse at the world and it sank into the horizon.

Suddenly, a great flash of light came, and I was the wolf again! I saw another wolf across the room, butter than I was. I growled. "What did you do with Gram?" I demanded, looking into the other wolf's yellow eyes.

"I'm right here, dear," it said.

"Gram?" I said, very shocked.

"Yes, dear. So tell me, what did you want?" She pushed the tray and gave me two bowls in front of me.

I nibbled on a cookie and took a drink before I said; "Well, you're pretty much looking at the explanation."

She stared at me silently, then nodded. "Thats what I thought it was, but how did it happen to you?"

"It happened two days ago," I explained. "I heard a howl outside the house, then I looked out my window to see a wolf dissapear into the house. I heard a blood-curdling scream. I was really scared. I walked out of my room, and I saw Mom and Dad, but they were dead! After that, something growled at me. I looked at it, and it was a wolf! It pounced on me, and bit me! Unfortunately, that's all I can remember."

She sighed heavily. "Well, the same thing happened to me, but my parents died in a bombing."

Wow, I thought. It seems so simple with her.

"Brittany, here's the thing. You remember Joe, right?" Gram asked.

"Grandpa?" I asked. "Of course. What about him?"

"Well, he was bitten by the lead wolf, Vixen, causing him to be a wolf. Another wolf picked up a bottle of control poision, and dumped it in his blood. Vixen... forced him to kill your parents."

"What about now?"

"Well, he still works for Vixen. He won't snap out of it until Vixen is dead or until he kills you. That's his order. Honey, he wants to kill you!" Gram continued. "You're in danger. hun."

I didn't know what to think. It was very silent until a loud knock/scrape came from outside the cottage.

"Brittany, run to the secret doorway!" Grandmother growled.

"Where?"

"Under the carpet!"

I scurried under the carpet, through the doorway, and Gram fixed it so it looked like I hadn't even used it."

I heard the door crash down, and I heard footsteps, although I didn't know whose. It must've been humans, because I heard a loud gunshot and Gram barking and whining.

"She's not in here. Let's go," a rough voice said.

"We're gunna get it now!" another voice said.

I heard a drill going, as if they were fixing the door. Then the door opened and slammed.

I hurried up the stairs, only to see Gram lying on the floor. I hurried towards her, seeing something stuck in her fur, I pulled it out. It was a five minute sleep dart.

Suddenly I heard a deep yawn. "What happened?" Gram asked sleepily.

"You got shot by those goons who were probably after me," I said. "We need to face Vixen and get Grampa Joe back!!"

"Fine, dear," Gram sighed sadly. "But we'll have to leave early."

I nodded and we layed down on the floor and fell asleep quickly.

What felt like five minutes later, I felt a warm hand on my face. "It's time to get going Britt."

"Give me a minute," I said groggily.

"You know, dear, you don't have to do this."

"I made up my mind, Gram."

I believe I said it a little too roughly, because there was a long silence after that. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer and I broke it. "Gram, are we going to pack food?"

"No. We're going to hunt for it."

We headed out the back door and started across the field. "I still don't want you doing this," Gram said angrily.

"I need to, Gram," I said. "I need to help what's left of our family."

We continued to walk through the field until the sky turned pink. We then quickly started a fire, and after we were done, we were turned into wolves once more. I suddenly smelt something delicious, something I didn't smell before.

I crouched down and saw my prey. I saw a large rabbit!! I stalked it slowly until it saw me, then I ran after it and killed it. I dragged it by the fire, and saw Gram already earing. We ate our supper than quickly fell asleep.

(Making the long story short, it took us five days to get to our destination.)

We approached the cave as humans at 5:30 PM. We walked in but Gram stopped me and said;

~Be finished soon! Brightstar_205
Sign up to rate and review this story