Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Story Written About Me

How Can I Decide What’s Right When You’re Clouding Up My Mind?

by SheIsARebel 1 review

Suddenly, my mind went blank. I couldn’t remember. I couldn’t remember the last few days of my life. I started panicking. This was bad.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-11-05 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 702 words

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty One

The Austin sidewalk suddenly seemed like the most interesting thing as Maddie and I continued our walk. I didn’t want to meet her wondering eyes. I knew she was fuming with questions I couldn’t answer right now. How long would I have to keep this from her? How long until she figures out the real reason she is on this tour? In some ways, I just hoped she already knew.

“Patrick…”

“Um…Maddie,” I said cutting her off quickly. “You hungry?”

A question she clearly wasn’t expecting was answered with a simple nod and the two of us walked into the nearest café.

The café reminded me of a place I’d visited before. Smells of fresh food and caffeine drinks transformed me into a small boy again. I watched two children race by myself and Maddie while a disgruntled parent followed. I laughed and Maddie just ushered me by to take a seat in a maroon colored booth. A springy girl with a blond ponytail handed us waters and menus right away with a smile.

“Can I get you guys anything else to drink,” she said surprising me with a loud voice.

“No thanks,” Maddie answered and I just settled with a headshake.

The girl glided away as if on skates and we were left in silence. It was broken by Maddie shuffling around in her seat making the plastic covering on the booth to squeak and scrunch. I had never seen her so fidgety and restless. Maybe this was part of the pregnancy as well.

“Um…uncomfortable?” I asked watching Maddie shuffle more.

At my question Maddie stopped her squirming and gave me a smile. “Sorry,” she said. “I guess I’m just antsy today. Actually,” she continued. “I wanted to talk to you about something.”

My insides curled. I hated that phrase. Somehow always ‘having to talk’ to someone meant bad news, but I hadn’t done anything wrong, had I? Suddenly, my mind went blank. I couldn’t remember. I couldn’t remember the last few days of my life. I started panicking. This was bad.

“I think I know why you’ve been acting so weird lately.”

Yes, very bad.

“You do?”

Maddie nodded her head slowly and took a breath. “It’s been kinda weird having me here, hasn’t it?”

“Um…”

“And I understand. You don’t usually have girls on tour, let alone one carrying your child. I’d be acting a little weird too.”

I let a sigh. She thought I was acting weird because of her. Well that was partly true. “Uh Maddie...,” I started, ready to confess to her.

“No, it’s okay Patrick,” she said cutting me off. “I understand this is your place and I kinda invaded it. I can see how you’d be acting…differently. And if it means going back to Chicago to make you feel better, well I’d do it.”

I was amazed at how I was sliding out of the situation as the leader. I was the one with the secrets and issues, yet Maddie was offering to bend to me. What a girl!
“Don’t be silly Maddie,” I said shaking my head. “I don’t want you to leave.” Maddie gave a sigh that could only mean that’s what she wanted to hear. “I know I’ve been acting strange lately,” I admitted. “and I’ll try to work on that, but I wouldn’t want you to leave.”

Maddie smiled which gave me one as well. “Thanks Patrick,” she said. “I’m glad you said that because I really want to stay and do this article. I’m so excited to write again.”

With that our waitress reappeared with a smile. The rest of the afternoon went smoothly enough and I regained a comfort around Maddie. Even though I was still not telling Maddie the whole truth I convinced myself that the café had filled the ‘talking’ for the day.


Authors Note: Sorry it is such a short chapter this time around. I've been really caught up in the election and things that have been going down. More soon, I promise! Yeah OBAMA!
Sign up to rate and review this story