Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

From Tragedy, Hope

by Moonshyne 5 reviews

Madison survives the gun shot wound but not everyone did. And something special is on the way.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-11-06 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 1752 words - Complete

1Insightful
Bob sat in a chair outside the operating room, biting his fingernail. Rachel and Barry never left his side. He had broken down once and Rachel comforted him. Rachel also took the liberty of calling Elisabeth, who was still in New York with Derek, Natasha, Kelsey, John, Laurhen and Katelyn. It was all over the twelve o’clock news there. How there were two murder victims, Madison was taken to the hospital in critical condition and she and Bob have been dropped of all charges. They all stood around in disbelief that Brad had done this to her.

In New Jersey the guys were frantically trying to call Bob but he had his cell shut-off not wanting to talk to anyone. Finally Bob got up, “I’m going to have a smoke.” Barry and Rachel started to get up and Bob turned to them “Alone.”

Bob got outside into the fresh Cayman air and lit a cigarette. He sat on a bench that was placed outside. He looked up at the sky and whispered, “Please, don’t let her die. I swear I’ll never lie again, just don’t let me lose her again.”

Bob took out his side kick and saw he had twenty text messages and about the same voice messages. He called his mom first to let her know about James and Ali and that he had no news about Madison. Next he called Ray, to check on Bobby who was now an orphan. He asked Ray to let the other guys know what was going on. There was one from Adam, hoping that Madison made it and wished him all the luck in the world. The next one was from Elisabeth saying she was on her way down she’ll be there in six hours. That was two hours ago.

He finished his cigarette, making the important calls and reading some of the texts. Most of them were from various bands saying congrats for having the charges dropped but how their thoughts were with him in regards to Madison. Bob took one last look at the hospital exterior and then slowly made his way up to the operating waiting room. Where Barry had his arm around his wife.

“I really appreciate your being here, but you don’t have to stay.”

“We want to,” said Barry. “Until Elisabeth gets here we’ll help you get through this.”

“I really though you were a prick, now I know you’re decent.”

“You can’t let that get around; I have a reputation to uphold.”

Bob gave a weak smile. A woman in scrubs came out of from the double doors that only patients and medical personal was allowed to pass.

“Bob Bryar?” she questioned.

Bob stood up and faced the woman. “I’m Dr. Lehmann, Madison is being closed up now. She was a very lucky girl. No major organs were hit and neither was her spine, though it was close for both. She had a partial collapse of her lung and her liver stomach took a hit, but we repaired the damage and she should be fine. After they’re finished she’ll be in recovery for a couple of hours and then taken to her room. You can see her then.

“And the baby?”

“The baby is alive but has a weak hear beat we’ll the next twelve hours will be crucial. Once she wakes up we’ll do an ultrasound and check.”

Dr. Lehmann saw the worried look on Bob’s face still like none of it registered. “She’s gonna be fine Mr. Bryar. Take this opportunity to get something to eat.”

“Thank you doctor.”

Two hours later she was brought to her room with Bob in tow. They said she woke up for a couple of minutes, but was now sleeping off the effects of the anesthesia. Once they got her situated in her new bed Bob brought a chair over next to the bed. She was hooked up to a heart monitor, an oxygen mask and a couple of IVs. A nurse came in and took her vitals, and then took out rectangular thing with a wand. She rubbed gel on the bottom and then placed it on her stomach. Bob could hear a faint washing machine sound. The nurse turned to him, “That’s the baby’s heartbeat.”

She wrote everything down in a chart an left the two.

Bob sat in the chair and took her hand, then placed his other hand one the front of her head rubbing her forehead with his thumb.

“You have no fucking idea how much I love you,” he whispered. “You’re my soul mate, my best friend and my everything. Jim said he and Ali had a will drawn and made me Bobby’s guardian. I want to raise him along with our baby. I know technically he’s Mark’s but Mark’s dead and I’m here and I’m not going anywhere, so he’s ours. I promise to love him as much as I love Bobby. When I heard his heartbeat I forgot who he was and thought of who he could be. It’s not his fault. I just hope he or she looks like you, but it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that we’re together and you love me half as much as I love you.”

Madison eyes fluttered and she looked at Bob. “I love you more.”

“Hey beautiful.”

“Did you really mean all those things you said?”

“Every word of them.”

Bob went to kiss her forehead but Madison had other thoughts and brought his lips onto hers. “I love you,” she said and went back to sleep with a smile on her face.

Shortly after Elisabeth and Derek were there. “How is she?”

“She’s gonna be fine. And you’re going to be an auntie.”

“You know already?” asked a shocked Elisabeth.

“It’s not mine, it’s Mark’s.”

“And you’re okay with this?”

Bob looked at the sleeping Madison, then patted her stomach. “Yeah.”

“We’re going to take our stuff to the house, grab a bite and come back. If she wakes up let her know we’re here.”

“Will do.”

A few minutes later Madison woke up again. “You’re still here,” she whispered as she smiled at him.

“I’m not going anywhere baby.”

Just then a nurse walked in, “I see you’re awake. The doctor wants to do an ultrasound. Soon you’ll be able to see your baby.”

Madison looked at Bob and smiled. He smiled back at her.

Half hour later a man in a white lab coat came into the room. Wheeling in what looked like to be a small refrigerator His name tag said Dr. Richardson.

“Madison Gadsen?”

Madison shook her head yes. “I’m Dr. Richardson and head of Obstetrics here. We’re going to check how your baby is doing? Have you had an ultrasound before?”

“No.”

“See, this is a wand, I’m gonna put some gel on it, which I’ll warn you is cold, and with the gel it will help up get an nice clear picture of your baby. Right now you should see the arms, fingers, legs, toes and because the baby’s skin is sort of translucent at this point you’ll be able to see the heart and we’ll hear the heart beat. I believe your husband here already has.”

Neither one of them wanted to correct the man. Let them think they were married they loved each other like they were. Before they atarted they closed the catheter so her bladder could be full. “Let’s take a look,” he lifted her gown, placed the gel on the wand and placed the wand on her tummy. There on the screen was her baby. They could see the head, torso, the babies arms and and fingers. His legs were all bunched up. The doctor was moving the wand in all different directions like she was looking for something. He was turning knobs but then looked at the machine in defeat.

“Dr. how come I don’t see or hear a heartbeat?” Madison finally asked.

He turned to Madison, “I’m sorry Mrs. Gadsen, your baby doesn’t have a heartbeat.”

Madison looked at the man confused. “I’m sorry he didn’t make it? I’ll give you time to grieve and I’ll be back later and we can discuss your options.”

The tears came streaming down Madison’s face she was whispering “No, it can’t be? Just as I was falling in love with it, it was taken away.”

Bob scooched her over carefully and laid down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. She put her head on his shoulder and her arm on his chest.

“I’m sorry baby,” he said, after kissing the top of her head.

“Really?”

“I meant every word I said earlier.”

“With you by my side I can face anything.”

“I’m never going to leave you again.”

“Good. How are you holding up?”

“I have you that’s all that matters.”

“Bob you lost your wife, your cousin, I was shot, we lost the baby. That’s a lot in one day.”

“But you’re okay and that’s what will get me through everything. You and Bobby.”



In the middle of the Caribbean Sea, off the shores of Rum Beach there was a makeshift raft floating about with two passengers. A cruise liner going towards Grand Cayman spotted it and stopped it’s engines before it was too close and the small raft would get sucked into it’s current. They lowered a life boat, both men were malnourished and dehydrated; their skin like leather from the harsh sun. They were brought to the liner’s sick bay where they radioed ahead to the Cayman hospital. The ships doctor undressed them to check for any other wounds and noticed one of them had a gunshot wound on his torso that had healed. The other was seemed to suffer not only from dehydration and malnutrition but also heatstroke.

Slowly the man with the gunshot wound was starting to come through.

“Where am I?” the patient asked.

“You’re on a cruise ship.”

“Dan?”

“He’s lying down over there. He’ll be fine. Can you tell me your name? ” aked the doctor.

“William Trenton.”
Sign up to rate and review this story