Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Epilogue

by Moonshyne 7 reviews

The fall out from Bob's admission.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-11-11 - Updated: 2008-11-11 - 3689 words - Complete

3Moving
Madison’s POV

It’s been four long months since I walked out on Bob. I wasn’t mad that he killed Mark, the bastard deserved it. I was mad because he didn’t tell me. He made me fly all over the world become a fugitive of justice, ruined my sister’s graduation, almost ruined her life. But the worse thing is we went after Ali and Brad and because of it I lost my baby. I remember that night like yesterday.

Flashback

“I also know something else that I should have told you, I killed Mark.”

“What?”

“When I got there he was lying in a pool of blood barely breathing. I thought he was dead for sure, I’m sure Ali and Brad thought so too. I actually took out my cell to call 9-1-1, but suddenly his eyes opened and he smiled. He said, ‘How ironic the man I set out to destroy is now going to save me.’”

“’You may be an ass, but I can’t just leave you here,’ I said to him. Then he turned around and said, ‘That’s right Bryar always playing the hero. Is that why you’re here, to put me in my place? You should have seen the fear in her eyes as I choked her. I wanted to fucking kill her then and there while we were fucking, but then I wouldn’t inherit all that glorious money. No Bob I have something else planned for her and the brat too. Before long they both will be dead. Just be glad I’m not going through with my original plan and make Madison disappear with Brad. I’m sure he’ll know how to treat her right.’ He knew what buttons to press Maddie. I just got madder and madder I saw the gun lying next to him and pointed it at him. My hands were shaking. It’s not like I never handled a gun before, I never pointed it at someone and wanted to shoot. Then he said, ‘You don’t have the guts Bryar, you know it and I know it, you’re shaking, besides heroes don’t kill defenseless bleeding men. So make the call to
9-1-1 or leave me Ainsworth will be here soon. Ever drive a 1968 Thunderbird Bob?’ Really nice piece of machinery, good for a nice ride say from Chicago to Andover. Unfortunately they had problems with a fuel tank.’ I looked at him and shook my head and said, ‘No they didn’t.’ He said right back at me, ‘This one will, and bye bye Madison and the brat.’ I said, ‘She’s your wife and your sister in- law, don’t you care anything for them?’ He said, ‘No Bob that was your department, still is from what I can see. I just wanted the money, everything was for the money.’ ‘You broke me and Madison up for the money?’ I asked. ‘That and Trenton Enterprises,’ he said. ‘Come on Bob put the gun down and make the phone call and we can both get on with our lives. You with that amazing fuck you have at home and me killing my wife and sister in-law.’ I looked at him and said ‘I’ll call and let the cops know what a piece of shit you are.’ Mark laughed between the stabs of pain ‘You think you have it all figured out Bryar, it won’t matter even as we speak Madison is being framed for stealing from the foundations. Your lovely wife and her horn dog of an uncle will be splitting over half a billion dollars. I stole the money and put it in an account under Madison’s name. If she doesn’t die soon, the money goes to the Cayman’s under Madison’s name. She’ll be ruined even if she doesn’t serve any jail time. Lil sis helped a lot by contesting the will and having all the assets frozen so it makes it more believable. So whether she lives or dies, I win. Face it Bryar you’ll never have her.’ I started to walk away letting Ainsy find him. But he had to speak one more time.”

“What did he say?”

“‘So much for promises,’ he said. I knew exactly what he was talking about he got to my last hair so I pointed the gun at him, I wasn’t shaking this time. I said, ‘Fuck you and shot him.’

End of flashback

Since that night he’s called me, texted me, sent me e-mails and even snail mail letters saying how much he loved me and wanted me back. And I’ve kept every single on of them. When I’m alone I read and listen to them. I listen to his voice messages the most because I just want to hear is voice. I better get ready Dad, Elisabeth and I are doing some Christmas shopping at the mall for a home for battered wives and mothers. There are eight families and one man and one woman. My father set up the home as sort of a half-way house. The head of the households work at Trenton Enterprises while we provide free rent and utilities and help them find real homes. If they are drug abusers we get them into treatment centers. We give these people hope to get out of a horrible situation. A few have gone back and one was eventually killed because of it. It breaks my heart because that could have been me, I was lucky I had a guardian angel named Bob,

I have thought this over and over again and all the what ifs but none of them transpired. Elisabeth is on track to becoming a lawyer, Rachel has even offered her a job in her firm when she graduates both college and law school. Rachel is in school brushing up on her Corporate Law, and has been working with my father along with finishing up cases she started before working with Dad. She and Holloway are getting “married” on Valentine’s Day in front of all the family and friends. The originally had a Vegas wedding. They still bicker but you can see the weight that has left both their shoulders and Barry left the Kenilworth Police Department and went back to the Chicago Police Department. Speaking of the Chicago Police Department, Derek was offered a job with their CSI department after he finally cracked the codes in Marks laptop. He has to finish at MIT first though. Barry is bullshit that Mark is dead because he would have loved to arrest him on the arms lengths of charges that were there.

The band and their wives keep in close contact, wondering why Bob and I broke up, but I won’t tell them and as far as I can tell neither has Bob. He’s only told them that he’s fucked up bad.

My work at the shelter made me realize how lucky I really was. After today’s trip I’m going to take a huge step and call Bob and thank him, then ask him and Bobby out for coffee.

Five hours later

“Are we done yet?” My father asked as nice as possible this was the third trip he was making to the van that we had rented. There were ten Christmas trees of varying sizes, all the decorations, tons of toys and electronic devices for the kids and lots of clothes and things that were needed for everyone. Not only that my father gave them all a thousand dollar after tax bonus. “You can bring those back to the van Dad. Elisabeth and I are going into Victoria’s Secret to get the woman a little something special to feel good about themselves,” I said.

Elisabeth and I were done quickly and decided to get a latte at Starbucks we were walking towards the exit and I stopped as I looked in the distance. There was Bob with Bobby and another woman maybe a little older than me, hugging him and kissing him, Bobby seemed to like her too. He looks so different from when I last saw him. He’s not a baby anymore. Of course not he turned one last month.

Elisabeth looked at what I was staring at, I finally turned to her, “Let’s go.”

Bob’s POV

“I take it you like your Christmas present.”

“Mr. Bryar I love it. My parents never met Nick and I haven’t seen them since I left France, all those years ago.”

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree


“It was such an extravagant gift what can I get you for Christmas.”

“I have all I want right here,” I said as I looked at Bobby. No there was one more thing I needed but it can’t be found underneath a Christmas tree.

“And Madison,” she said softly as if afraid to say the words.

“I’m that obvious huh? Are we done shopping Bobby’s getting tired, and I’m sure you and your fiancée will want to celebrate.”

“We will,” she smiled slyly at me.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you


The three of got home and I hid the presents I got for Bobby in the basement. Bridgette had put him to bed, the poor things was exhausted.

“I’m going now Mr. Bryar.”

“Have a good night, Bridgette, tell Nick I said hi.”

“I will, look it’s the whishing star.”

“I don’t believe in that stuff.”

“Maybe you should. It’s a magical time of the year where wishes do come true.”

“Get out of here.”

I took out my picture of Madison from her birthday party. Everything was so different then. “I just want you back so badly baby, I love you more than you could ever know.” I walked over to the window and saw the brightest star. “I’ve always heard that people wished on stars, fuck they even wrote songs about it. Here goes my wish,” I looked dowwn at her picture, “All I want for Christmas is you.”

One week later

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day


“So Bob you haven’t told me what you want for Christmas,” my mom said.

“Nothing Mom, I just want to make it special for Bobby.”

“You need something to open too, you know.”

“I don’t really care about presents, Mom.”

We walked into the living room and there was Bobby staring at the lights on the Christmas tree and touching the ornaments. I made sure that the ornaments in Bobby’s reach could not be broken. I pushed the button on a ornament and a snowman spun around. Bobby stood there clapping and laughing. I picked him up and then pressed a button on a Darth Vader ornament and it started talking, saying “I am your father Luke.” Bobby looked at me confused and then again started laughing.

“Bob, where’s your stocking? I just see Bobby’s here,” my mom asked as she looked on the fireplace mantle.

“I don’t need one, besides I don’t want Santa bringing me any toys this year,” I smiled at my mother. “Bobby will have enough for the both of us.”

My mom left a few hours later, I know she was worried about me. But she didn’t need to be. It was that time of night, Bobby was fast asleep and I took out my picture of you, looked at the star and made my wish.

I just want you for for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you


Another week later

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick


“You coming to the gig tonight,” asked Ray over the phone.

“It’s better that I don’t, I know she doesn’t want to see me.”

“You don’t know that.”

“If she wanted me there she would have called and invited me.”

“Maybe she’s expecting you and doesn’t know that you can’t play yet.”

“You’re such an optimist Ray. She knows I can’t. I talked to Lizzie recently.”

“Well you know where the party is if you change your mind.”

“It’s starting to snow, besides Bobby and I are making out his list.”

“Bob he’s thirteen months he doesn’t have a list. Next year he will, I bet.”

“He can still send one to Santa.” I hung up the phone and looked longingly at the mistletoe hanging there. It got a lot of use with the guys and their wives. But I still keep hoping that I’ll need it for something else.

Bobby climbed on my lap, “Hey big guy what do you want Santa to bring you?”

Bobby looked at me quizzically, “You know Ho Ho.”

“Ho Ho,” squealed Bobby.

“Three more days until Ho Ho comes, but you gotta be asleep.”

Madison’s POV

“Dad, do I have to go?” I asked.

“Sweetheart this is for the people you’ve helped through the foundations. They want to say thank you. Thanks to you some of them are wearing beautiful dresses and suits they would have never owned with out you. And you did it for this occasion. Besides I have a surprise band playing tonight.”

I finally made it up stairs to our function room, I nearly cried when I saw everyone. There was Timmy looking so healthy, and the cancer was in remission. Jennifer who was in her second year at Harvard, she and Elisabeth became fast friends, even though one was pre-med and the other pre-law. All them men and women that we’ve helped in the half-way house. The woman who went back to their husbands were there. We made sure the husbands got the treatment they needed. One by one they came up to me and thanked me. I only provided the means they still need to do the hard work.

The stage only showed a black curtain, someone took the stage I knew instantly that it was Gerard.

“This song is dedicated to a special someone in the audience tonight from someone who couldn’t be here.” He was staring right at me. “It’s a cover we did a few years ago when we were touring so much at the holidays and we heard this song a lot so we decided to do our own version. The name of the song is “All I want for Christmas is You.”

When Gerard finished I was more confused then ever. I went outside on the balcony to the snowy bitter air.

I leaned on the edge of the brick barrier, just looking at the city.

I heard he door open , turned around and saw Frank and Mikey each having a cigarette in their hands.

“Hey,” said Frank.

He noticed the tear rolling down my cheek.

“Talk to us Maddie,” said Mikey.

“I’m so fucking confused, I know that song was for me and Bob. But he’s with someone else now.”

Mikey and Frank looked at each other, “What makes you think that?” asked Mikey.

“I saw him a couple of weeks ago at the mall and this girl was hugging and kissing him.”

Frank gave his usual pot-head giggle, “Maddie that was his nanny. Since he surgery he can’t do much around the house especially where Bobby’s concerned.”

“They seemed way to friendly.”

“Dude, she was thanking him. He just gave her two round trip tickets home so she could introduce her new fiancée. She hadn’t seen her parents since she was seventeen.”

“Oh,” I said. “So he still loves me?”

“Didn’t you listen to the song? It’s true all he really wants for Christmas is you.”

“So you taking him back?” asked Mikey.

“I don’t know I need to think.”

“But you still love him?” asked Frank.

I couldn’t lie, “Yes. But sometimes love isn’t enough.”

Mikey and Frank started walking back inside, when Mikey turned to me, “Sometimes you have make love be enough because in the end it’s all you have.”

They left me shivering in the cold again not knowing what I wanted.

Christmas Eve

Bob’s POV

I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click


“Want to go see Ho Ho and Rudolph?” I asked Bobby.

Bobby squealed in delight and started clapping.

“After that dada is going to go to sleep with you so Ho Ho will come. I hope Rudolph doesn’t wake us up.”

After we got home, I gave Bobby a bath and the Pajama elfs came with new pajamas for him.

“Come on baby, bed time.”

After putting him down, I went out to the living room and took out my picture, as I did every night since making the wish.

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you

All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
(So brightly everywhere)


I looked out at the scene on my street. Every house had lights on them, it lit the whole street up.

And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
(Laughter fills the air)


I watched at the older children were having snow ball fights just laughing and having a good time. How soon before that was Bobby.

And everyone is singing
(oh yeah)
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me


Down the other end of the street was a traveling choir knocking on the doors and then singing Christmas carols. One was ringing a sleigh bell while another was dressed as Santa. I wanted to ask him if he could bring my baby home to me.

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
(all i'm asking for)


I went into the kitchen to make myself some coffee, thinking of all those special moments that we had together, and how I wished for them back.

I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door


There was a knock on my door, I guess my turn for the carolers. I opened the door getting ready to put on my biggest fake smile, but all I could do is stare. I finally spoke, “Maddie?”

Oh I just want him for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is
You


“I’m done being mad, I love you more than anything, and I want you back if you’ll have me.”

I took her in my arms and gently kissed her and said “This is the only thing I want.”

I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around me, we started kissing like crazy. “Bedroom,” she whispered. I didn’t have to be asked twice. I carried her up to my bedroom, I unzipped her coat and she wore absolutely nothing underneath. “Merry Christmas Bob.” We made love several times that night well until Bobby interrupted us with his crying. I got him and brought him into bed with us soon both he and Maddie were sound asleep. I looked at her in my t-shirt and sweats and brushed the hair from her forehead and sang softly,
All I want for Christmas is you baby
All I want for Christmas is you baby.


37 weeks later

“Come on baby push,” I held her hand encouragingly.

“One more Mrs. Bryar, and the head will be out.”

“Come on Maddie. I know you’re tired baby, but it will all be over soon.”

“I know,” she said to me through her tears.

“Push!!” said the doctor. “The head’s out do want to see this Mr. Bryar?”

“I looked at Madison she looked at me pleadingly to stay with her. I’ll see the baby later with my wife.” She smiled weakly at me.

“One more push to get the shoulder’s out.”

“C’mon baby you can do it.”

“I’m so tired Bob.”

“Please baby.”

She pushed one more time really hard. “Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Bryar it’s a girl.” Then we heard what at the moment would be the most beautiful sound in the world, her crying.

“One more easy push so you can pass the placenta and we’re done.”

I held her hand as she gave a push, there were other doctors attending to the baby. Soon she was wrapped, cleaned off and stopped crying. They gave her to Madison who never looked so radiant.

“Do you have a name picked out?”

“Jessica Holly.”

“Holly?” asked the doctor.

“She was conceived on Christmas Eve, the most magical time of the year.”

“It must be. We never thought she would get pregnant again.”

Three hours later I came back with Bobby who was unimpressed with his baby sister. Soon the room was filled with visitors and presents for both Maddie and Jessica.

William turned to us, “I want a family picture.” The four of us sat on the hospital bed and smiled. I looked at my family thinking I couldn’t have asked for better life.
Sign up to rate and review this story