Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Broken

Broken

by darkflame1516 5 reviews

A songfic about Naraku's destruction, Kikyo's death, and Kagome & Inu-Yasha's love.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-03-06 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 1271 words

1Moving
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters.
Hi. This is my first my first attempt at a songfic, so please bear with me. This is based on the song "Broken" by Seether and Evanescence. I do not own the lyrics to this song and I do not claim to. PLEASE REVIEW!! (yes, this is an Inu/Kag)
¬¬-------------------------------------------------------

Broken

Kagome stared at her teacher, watching his every movement, but ignoring the rambling monotone of the lesson. Math is useless. She thought, quietly sighing to herself, as she turned toward the window.
As she watched the outside, she remembered a time when a very familiar face had appeared on the other side of the glass. Inu-Yasha... She recalled how she had used the "sit" command on him to keep anyone from seeing him and how later he had been angry with her. The memory of the look on his face made Kagome smile and she had to stifle a laugh.

I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh

"Ms. Higurashi?" The teacher asked, snapping her out of her thoughts and she faced him with a confused look on her face. "Do you know the answer?" She shook her head and the teacher sighed, asking another student for the answer.

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away

She shuffled her feet as she walked home from school, sending dirt and dust flying in the air. She walked through the smokescreen she had created as she remembered her friends that she had left behind. In her mind, she saw her best friend Sango, a headstrong demon-slayer who was always in the company of her pet and main source of transportation, Kirara. Then there was Miroku, a Buddhist monk with a cursed Wind Tunnel in his hand who had hit on any woman that crossed his path. Next was the energetic and jolly Shippo, a young fox-demon who Kagome had become like a second mother to.

I keep your photograph; I know it serves me well

Kagome reached under her shirt and pulled out a gold heart-shaped locket on a chain. She popped it open and stared at the pictures inside. On one side there was a picture of her, smiling and seemingly content. And opposite her, was a picture of /him/. Of Inu-Yasha's face frozen into an eternal grimace, to be carried forever by her, an everlasting burden. Thunder rumbled, accompanied by slowly falling rain and tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about Inu-Yasha. As she thought about how she had fallen in love and been burned.

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away


Kagome stood in front of the well, driven into stoic silence by the stream of memories overcoming her. Twin crystal rivers streaked down her cheeks as she gazed down the black abyss that led to her former "home".
"Inu-Yasha," she whispered, gripping the edge of the well with one hand. Her knuckles turned an angry red as she squeezed it tighter and tighter, as if holding onto the wood would make her pain leave.
"Why did you let me go?" She sank to her knees, sobbing into her hands. Her black hair brushed her shoulders and she felt as though a pair of hands had touched her. She looked behind her and saw only empty space.

You've gone away
You don't feel me here anymore
The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away


She pushed open the door to the house and walked into the entrance area. She glided down the hallway, wiping the tears from her face. She entered the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her nose was red from crying, her wet ebony hair clung to her cheeks in thin strands and her eyes were filled with emotions. Kagome saw her sadness, her pain, and the sting of the betrayal reflected in her brown irises.

There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight

She reached the dining room and paused at the door. She looked in and remembered a time when Inu-Yasha had eaten dinner with her and Sota. They'd had so much fun, fighting over the television remote and arguing about who got the last helping of ramen. Kagome's eyes started to water again and she quickly wiped the un-fallen tears away. Inu-Yasha... Kagome thought, a lump growing in her throat and a pang of pain shooting through her heart. Why did you have to go?

I wanna hold you high and steal your pain
'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough


She heard voices from the TV room and made her way to the door. Puzzled by the fact that it was shut, she halted and listened. She heard her mother and Sota speaking, along with a small grunt that told Kagome that her grandfather was remaining uncharacteristically quiet. Another tone joined the group and Kagome's heart leapt at the sound of it. I know that voice! She thought briefly before throwing the door wide open.

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away


Her gaze fell on the scene that lay beyond the door. Her grandfather sat in a chair, silently watching the television and ignoring the others in the room. Her mother stood next to the window, her arms crossed and an angry look on her normally passive face. Sota was jumping up and down, obviously excited, between the TV and a man dressed in red that was facing Kagome's mother. He didn't turn to her, but she knew by the slight twitch of the ears on top of his head that he had heard her come in.
"Inu-Yasha..." She said, barely believing her eyes. He turned at her words and Kagome gasped out of shock and joy, her eyes filling with tears once again, but this time they were tears of happiness.
The man before her was indeed Inu-Yasha, right down to the smallest detail; the red cloak, the magic beads, the golden eyes and silver hair. The only part that had changed was the long white scar that trailed down the left side of his face, stretching from the corner of his eye to the top of his lip. Kagome reached out to him, hardly daring to believe that it was him.
"Is it really you?" She whispered, but he heard her anyway. He nodded and stepped closer to him. Her hands touched his face, tracing the line of the scar. She remembered how he had gotten it and she felt the corresponding scar sear with pain over her abdomen. Inu-Yasha put his hand over hers and she let him guide it away from his face. He wrapped his fingers between hers so that they were holding hands. Then he couldn't hold back anymore and pulled her to him. He buried his face in her hair, relishing her smell and she felt warm tears fall onto her scalp as she nestled her head against his chest.
"I missed you, my Kagome."

¬¬-------------------------------------------------------
So what did you think? Hit that little button down there and review. If I get enough responses, I will do a second chapter (or more). So if you want me to explain, please say so in the review!

Thank you for reading and I hope you'll feel free to check out my other stories!! Bye bye for now!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story