Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Mind Over Matter

by abaraid 1 review

In the mind of a captain. There's no character listed because it can almost be anyone you want it to be. Go crazy.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-13 - Updated: 2008-11-14 - 346 words - Complete

1Insightful
They all saw it. Out of the corner of their eye's even while focused on their own battles. The moment when a certain fight had truly been decided. It was a shame that such a simple movement could lead to their ultimate demise. All those damn Espada and Arrancar were too cocky anyhow. Brute strength alone was no match for strength and intelligence.

One must never underestimate an opponent

A mantra that old man Yamamoto had instilled in every captain to pass down to their divisions. It wasn't something that had to be continually said out loud. It was just something you /knew/. You learned it through practice. You learned it through observation. You learned it through feeling and predicting in the middle of a battle. There is always a trick up their sleeve. They always have a finishing move ready for their last burst of energy.

You never have the upper hand until a battle is won

While most would have you to believe otherwise while battling due to their constant trash talk and condescending tones towards their enemies, it was simply a show. After all, a true battle wasn't just physical. It was also mental. Even if you're losing you psyche out the enemy. Force your confidence upon them. Make them sweat even if they're winning. Their fear just might save your life.

Wait for it

It's almost like poker. Everyone has a tell when they're bluffing. All you have to do...is wait for it. A tightened grip on the end of a sword. Trembling hands that they don't even notice because by now too much adrenaline and endorphins are running through their veins. The pain is now disguised as pleasure because they've won. Or have they? All it takes is a split second. A guard let down because they could swear this was finished. And who was he to rain on their parade? A celebration quickly turned into a funeral. Never let your eyes and body fool your mind. Never let your guard down in the presence of a Captain.

"Ban...Kai."
Sign up to rate and review this story