Categories > Original > Drama > More Than Enough

Ch. 9

by brokenhearted411 0 reviews

...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-15 - Updated: 2008-11-16 - 1182 words

0Unrated
“…you are more than enough.” Jeremy leans down to kiss me lightly.
“Jeremy?”
“Yes?”
“Did you mean what you said, about going with me to the doctor’s to see if there are possibilities?”
“Of course I did.”
“Do you think we can go now?”
“If you want to, though I’d suggest we clean ourselves up, before we do.”
I let out a little laugh. “Yeah, we probably should.” We walk over to my bathroom; I undress first as he turns on the water, then he undresses himself as well. We both step into the water and just let it was over us. He holds on to me tightly as though it were for dear life. He reluctantly lets go and reaches for the soap. He begins to wash down my body, stopping every once in a while to plant little kisses on me. As soon as he’s done, I begin the same process on him. Our shower ends too quickly, as the water turns cold. We step out and dry each other off. I wrap a towel around me and walk over to my dresser to pick out some clothes. Jeremy does the same thing.
“I really like that shirt on you.” Jeremy comments as I slip a red V-neck T-shirt on.
“I know.” I smirk back. I pull on a pair of skinny jeans as he puts on a black T-shirt and jeans on.
Once we’re fully clothed, we walk back downstairs to see Nick, staring blankly at the wall as he sits on the couch.
“Where are you going?” He asks without looking at us. I figure it’s still awkward for him. Hell it’s still awkward for me.
“To my doctor; we’re going to see what possibilities there are.” I say as I
“You’re going now?” Nick asks surprised.
“I want to know the possibilities.” Jeremy speaks up, his voice firm.
“Just because I understand it, doesn’t mean I won’t kick your ass.” Nick retorts just as firm.
“Can we please not fight? Nick, you have no idea how hard it is for me to know that I’m infertile. If there are any possibilities whatsoever, that I can have a baby, I want to explore them.”
“But Melanie, you’re fifteen. You have your whole life ahead of you. You may end up falling out of love with Jeremy and into love with someone else a couple times. Are you absolutely sure, that if there is a possibility for you to get pregnant, that you want Jeremy, who may not be in your life forever, to be the father of your child?” He questions with pleading eyes; pleading for me to have doubt and uncertainties. But there are none.
“Yes, Nick, I am absolutely sure that I want Jeremy to be the father of my child, if I can have one.”
He turns to Jeremy, “And what about you? Can you handle the responsibility of a baby, right now, at this moment in your life? Can you take care of my baby sister and her child, your child? Are you prepared to give up school, if something goes wrong, to the point where you can’t go to school anymore?”
Jeremy answers clearly, without hesitation, “Yes, I am ready to handle the responsibilities of a baby. I will take care of Melanie and our baby, and I am absolutely ready to give up school in a heartbeat to be there for my family.” He looks straight into Nick’s eyes and questions “Are you ready?”
Nick answers honestly, “No, I’m not. I am not ready to see my little sister throw her life away for you.”
I have to speak up now. “Wait a minute, I am not ‘throwing my life away’; I’m choosing what is best for me.”
“What is best for you? Melanie you don’t know what is best for you, you’re fifteen!”
Jeremy, being the only calm one now says, “Nick, I thought you were okay with us. I mean we talked about it, we all talked about it.”
“Well, maybe I’m not okay with it. Jeremy she’s fifteen.”
“Nick, I know that. I knew that then, I know that now.”
“But you don’t understand!” He sits back down and puts his head in his hands.
“Nick,” I begin softly, “Please believe me. I know what I’m doing and what I’m getting myself into. I want this, I need this.” I plead as I’m now sitting on the couch beside him.
“Then move out.” He says looking fiercely into my eyes.
“What?”
“If you won’t follow what I say, then move out. Move in with Jeremy, I don’t care, just move out.” He gets up and walks toward the stairs before he adds, “You have two days- by Tuesday-I want all of your stuff out.” Without another word he walks up the stairs and slams his door behind him.
I sit astounded. My brother just kicked me out. Nick, the one person that has always been here for me, just kicked me out. Wow. “What now.” I ask Jeremy quietly.
“Now we go to the doctor’s, then we get your stuff and you move in with me.” That is the solution, his answer to my problems; and I can’t think of a better one.
I get up slowly and walk to the door, he follows behind me. We head to the car and ride in silence to my doctor’s office.
“Melanie, what are you doing here? I didn’t expect to see you until March 5th.” Dr. Patricia Haynes asks once we enter her office.
“This is my boyfriend Jeremy Sherwood,”-they shake hands- “we want to know the possibilities, if there any, for me to get pregnant.”
“Please have seat.” She motions to the chairs across from her desk. “Melanie, you’re fifteen, are you sure you really want to look into the possibilities now?”
“Yes, I am absolutely sure. I want to know.” I tell her, knowing that I want nothing more than Jeremy to father my child.
“Melanie, I don’t think it would be wise for you to know the possibilities now.”
“With all due respect Doctor,” Jeremy finally speaks up, “I love Melanie, more than anyone can ever understand. If, after all she’s been through, she wants to raise a child- knowing full well of the responsibilities- then I am here to support her through this. I will stand by her through it all.”
“Mr. Sherwood, this all may be true, but she is only fifteen.”
“No, I am not only fifteen. I know so much more about life than anyone gives me credit for. I want to raise a child, and I know the chances of me having my own are slim, and that is exactly why I want to look into them now, rather than later.”
“If this is truly what you both want?”
“It is.” Jeremy and I answer simultaneously.
“Well then…”

Sign up to rate and review this story