Categories > Original > Romance > Who Knew

Ch. 1

by brokenhearted411 0 reviews

...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-11-15 - Updated: 2008-11-16 - 840 words

0Unrated
February 1, 2008
Hope’s POV

How can you see into my eyes like open doors? Leading you down into my core, where I've become so numb. Without a soul. My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold. Until you find it there and lead it back home.
It was already over half-way through freshmen year, and I still hadn’t made a single friend. It’s not like I mind though. In fact, I enjoyed being alone. I mean, I’ve been alone my whole life, I guess I started to like the feeling. The bus came to its usual stop at Reno Loop and Horseshoe Dr., and just as it began to make its way toward the school, I sat blaring Linkin Park on my IPod. I am a major alternative rock fan, though one glance at me and you’d assume I am a prep. You see, I’m 5’7” with black hair, blue eyes, a nearly perfect complexion, an hour-glass shape, and I almost always wear bright colors. But preppy, is far from who I am.
The bus pulls up to the front of the school and everyone rushes out. I, however, was in no hurry to get off the bus. While I didn’t have a deep hatred for my life, I wasn’t exactly happy-go-lucky either. Once I got off the bus I slowly made my way onto the campus. Just when I entered the gates to Encore, I witnessed what I call a “superficial royal pain in the ass.” That’s right, about twenty yards away was a large crowd surrounding none other than Grant Weston.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grant’s POV
Like always, once I was about twenty yards away from the entrance gates, I was surrounded by people. But being the most wanted guy in school is not what you would think; regardless of all the popularity advantages. I’m 6’1”, with blond hair, hazel eyes, muscular build, a nearly perfect complexion, and I am the star athlete at my school. I also happen to be the richest with the best gear. You see, though I always get attention, I feel as if I’m really all alone. There is not a single person that would actually care about my personality; at least none that I know of.
Anyway, I was in the middle of the crowd when I saw her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope’s POV
He looked at me. Grant Weston actually looked at me. But what I saw in his eyes, I never would have expected to see. He looked so forlorn and hopeless. How could a guy like him, ever look like that?
But the semi-stare only lasted for a couple seconds before a ditzy blond girl blocked our view. I could only assume that it was Sierra Kirkpatrick. She was also a sophomore and the school’s overly-willing slut. I watched her place her arm under Grant’s as they began to walk away from the group. Naturally, everyone followed. Everyone except me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grant’s POV
She looked back at me; and while it seemed like our eyes were locked forever, it was merely moments. The look in her eyes, though, so miserable yet hopeful. I had never seen her before, but I could already tell that she wasn’t like the rest. I knew that there was something special about her. But before I could make a move, Sierra Kirkpatrick came up to me. She hooked her arm underneath mine and started leading me away. See, the feeling that I’m alwys being watched, isn’t paranoia, it’s the truth. As Sierra and I walked away, everyone followed behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope’s POV
Once they left, the bell rang, and I had to go to my first period Biology class. Throughout the class, all I thought about was him. The way he looked, the sadness displayed in his eyes. At that moment, all I wanted to do was to hold him, to make all the pain in his life go away.
I didn’t see him the rest of the day. I saw his “people” surround him, swallowing his presence, but I didn’t see his face. I wonder though, how can he hide it so well to the obvious public?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grant’s POV
I walked off to my AP Chem class with Sierra attached to my arm. The class went as usual: sit down, be swarmed, have someone take my notes, and pretend to be happy. The only difference was, that she kept running across my mind. The look in her eyes, so promising, despite all the pain she’s felt. At that moment, all I wanted to do was hold her and be her knight in shining armor.
The rest of the day went just as usual. Although I never really could get her out of my mind. It was amzing how I didn’t even know her name, and yet she was all I could think about. I dreamt about the next time I would see her. The first time I would talk to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story