Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Coming Back to Life

by melancholyrocker 0 reviews

A one shot from Mikey's point of view, based off the song "Coming Back to Life" by Pink Floyd

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-11-18 - Updated: 2008-11-19 - 806 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Where were you when I was burned and broken?
While the days slipped by from my window watching,
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless?
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me.”

A lanky figure cast a dark silhouette against the rain streaked window. He was lost in thought while his eyes focused on the trickling water, avoiding looking at the figure passed out on the nearby couch. He and a friend had carried Gerard home from the party and he had passed out almost the second he was laid down. Mikey could hear his irregular breathing, amplified in his head by the surrounding silence. His chest ached with sympathy, but he had his own problems too. He couldn’t bring himself to get lost in drugs and alcohol, and in a way, he envied his brother. Even though they both suffered from depression, at least Gerard didn’t feel anything.


“While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words,
Dying to believe in what you heard,
I was staring straight into the shining sun”

Mikey's POV

“Gee, you need to stop this,” I said, watching him open a third beer.
“Stop what?” he asked, turning towards me, and I watched as his eyes struggled to focus.
“You can’t just drink all your problems away, I’m having the same problems as you, but I’ve had to deal with them while you just get wasted everyday. You’re going to kill yourself, you need to stop.” I was starting to get angry. I was hurting too, and it hurt me so much to see him like this. Couldn’t he see what he was doing to me? I was so afraid that one day I would wake up and he would be gone.
“I can do whatever I want, leave me alone.” And I did. Maybe I would regret it, but what can you do for someone who doesn’t want to be helped?


"Lost in thought and lost in time,
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted,
Outside the rain fell dark and slow,
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime."

Mikey's POV

I was lying in my bunk with the curtain closed. I couldn’t even bring myself to change after the show, I just can’t motivate myself to do anything these days. Sighing, I turned over and started to think. What was the point in living if I always felt like this? What was I worth to anyone? No one ever noticed when I disappeared, and even when I am around, no one pays me much attention anyway. Gerard is a lost cause. What good am I to anyone if I can’t even help someone I love? I ran my fingers through my unruly brown-blonde hair and tried to sleep, but as usual sleep wouldn’t come. Thoughts chased themselves around my brain like a dog uselessly chases it’s tail, and I let tears slide down my cheeks. I have nothing to live for and mean nothing to anyway…what am I supposed to do?


“I took a heavenly ride through our silence,
I knew the moment had arrived,
For killing the past and coming back to life.”

“Mikey, get your ass out of bed!” someone yelled in the distance. A tall man with short black hair and hazel eyes climbed sleepily out of a nearby bunk.
“What do you want?” he asked, yawning.
“It’s five-thirty, we need to be in sound check at six!” Frank stepped into view, shoving clothes into the man’s arms before he sprinted into the bathroom.

A few hours later.

Mikey was standing backstage, looking down at his black and white uniform, then at everyone else, all off in their own pre-show routines. He smiled at them jumping around and getting excited. Soon, the curtain went up and they all ran out to the greeting of bright lights and a cheering crowd.
“Are you ready for this?!” Gerard yelled to the screaming fans, and the volume rose as a response. Mikey looked at Gerard at that moment, and their eyes met, and they both smiled. The dark circles under Gerard’s eyes were gone, his eyes were clear and focused, and he had a grin that had been practically nonexistent a few years before. In the past few years they had been through so much, but they had been through it together and had successfully beat down the demons that used to haunt them. They were now the closest and happiest pair of brothers that the band had ever seen.

With a grin, Mikey started to play, and reflected. ‘We’ve killed the past and are looking forward to the future. Just try and stop us now.’
Sign up to rate and review this story