Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Just A Dream

Life Or Death?

by purple_blaze_ffx 0 reviews

The unexpectable happens at the funeral. Rikku will have to make her final decision a lot quicker than she had hoped to...

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Auron,Rikku - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-11-19 - Updated: 2008-11-20 - 521 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy X or the song "Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood.

It was time to say farewell to the beloved guardian. The Al Bhed thought it seemed fit to pay
tribute to Auron by using their machina weapons to fire 36 shots. Each shot for his age...

Six shots,

Twelve shots,

Eighteen shots,

Twenty-four shots,

Thirty shots,

but on the thirty-sixth shot,


And then the guns rang
One last shot
And it felt like a bullet in her heart...


One of the guns misfired. Then Rikku felt a strange sensation start in her chest. She dropped Auron's sword and clutched her chest. She pulled her hand back, only to find it covered in blood. Rikku took a step back and slowly collapsed on the ground. She saw Auron in the distance with his hand stretched out. She grabbed his hand and suddenly, Rikku felt no pain, only numbness.

"How come I don't feel anything?"

"Because you are between, you are not dead, yet not alive either." Auron pointed, "To the left is the path to the living, but to the right is the path to the Farplane...Have you made your decision?"

Rikku looked back at her body. Yuna was using all the white magic she had, trying to save her. Yuna dropped to her knees and hugged Rikku's limp body.

"Yes, but can I ask a question first?"

"You may," Auron answered.

"Can you show me what would happen to everyone if I lived and I died?"

"I can, but are you prepared for what you might see?"

"I'm ready for anything at this point..." she said looking back at her non-moving body. Rikku took Auron's hand as he led her to the veil.

"Which do you wish to see first?"

"If I live..."

"Very well, then."

A white light flashed and Rikku heard nothing until she heard Yuna.

"Rikku?"

"Yuna?" Rikku could feel herself talking, but it was as if she were reading from a script. She couldn't say what she wanted, needed, or knew.

"You're okay! I was so worried about you!"

"Really?"

"Of course I was! You're my cousin and I love you!"

Rikku looked around and saw the relieved faces of the ex-guardians. Then she heard a gruff, familiar voice. "Have you seen enough, or would you like to continue?"

"I've seen enough of this...Now may I see the...other?" Rikku hesitated. She was not yet prepared for this, but she knew it had to be done...

"As you wish..."

There was another white flash, but it quickly faded to black. This time, Rikku could only hear and feel what was going on around her.

"Rikku..." Yuna sobbed into her chest. She could feel her friends' presence around her and could tell what each of them were doing. Lulu was crying softly, Wakka was crying too, but a little harder than Lulu, and Kimahri stood over her, silently greiving.

Baby why'd you leave me
Why'd you have to go
I was counting on forever
Now I'll never know
I can't even breathe

"That's enough, Auron. I'm ready to make my decision..."
Sign up to rate and review this story