Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > A Butterfly Effect

Disclaimer and Such

by Rous 0 reviews

Usual story about a girl among the elves. Or maybe not.

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Arwen, Elrond, Galadriel, Haldir - Published: 2006-03-14 - Updated: 2006-03-14 - 496 words

0Unrated
I own no part of any copyrighted materials. I barely own my house. I own my own creations only. This is just an obsession of mine that is getting out of control. (Just ask the Dude, who does not get Tolkien at all. I know, sacrilege).

Later chapters will deal with stronger issues. (Death, attempted rape, ultimately maybe some sex, but in confines of marriage).

Time sometime in the TA. May run until 3021. This is a rewrite of an earlier story. Any similarities were intended. It is a rewrite. Both are posted under my name, but different titles. If you have read the original story somewhere, I hope you will like this one better. I do.

Thank you to Havetoist for reading over chapters 3- 5 for me. I have been unable to convince someone to beta for me, so she finally consented to check it out. And also to Ingole for her help with the passage in chapter 3 concerning Elves and the class system, and Havetoist for the idea.

If you have any questions about issues dealt with in this story, please let me know. I have read the books and seen the movies, but as it is a very complex world that has been woven, I cannot think that anyone knows everything about it. So, if I have slipped up somewhere, I would appreciate knowing of it. Issues with the vacillation between American and UK English are due to reading too many historical novels. I happen to like some of the spellings (which did not make my English teachers or professor happy) You will just have to deal with it.

Issues with phraseology will be squelched. I find it difficult enough to read the style of Tolkien's writing, I am not about to try to emulate it in mine. Besides, can you imagine actually speaking that way? The Elves developed the languages. I would think they would have had enough eloquence to create an easily spoken language. So, although I have tried to keep it formal, I hope it is not cumbersome.

Outside of a very few words (Ada, sell, Iell) I have used little actual Elvish. This is partly due to the fact that I am not knowledgeable enough to just whip out the words I want. But it is mostly because the story is set in the Elves' world. It would be redundant to use Elvish words when they are already speaking Elvish. So, only a few choice words. Again, deal with it.

I would like to thank Andreth. Any questions I have concerning canon, or feasibility, she has jumped in and given me her two cents worth. With inflation, I figure she is worth several dollars. As along as I am updating the intro, thank you to everyone who jumps in on the threads at OSA concerning canon. Your maddening habit of wandering (and I use that term with extreme looseness) has made for very entertaining reading. So, in the future, wander away.
Sign up to rate and review this story