Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Summer Break

Going home

by Rhyoki 3 reviews

After defeating Riddle for the last time, Harry is left alone in the world. All around him, people are falling in love. Will he find love in someone unexpected?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry,Luna - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-12-02 - Updated: 2008-12-02 - 520 words

3Original
The Express rolled to a stop, and Harry pulled Luna’s trunk down. “Well, see you this summer, maybe, Luna.” He smiled, as the tiny blonde girl stood on tiptoe to hug him before dragging her trunk off. He pulled his down, and put it on one of the trolleys, wheeling it out to the barrier. Hermione and Ron followed, both talking quietly behind him. He heard his name mentioned a couple times, and Luna’s as well.
“There something you want, Ron, Hermione?” he muttered, his glasses sliding down his nose. “You two aren’t exactly quiet, you know.”
Hermione and Ron exchanged a glance, and Hermione cleared her throat. “Harry, are you really sure you want to take Luna out somewhere in the wild, somewhere… exposed?” She sighed. “I mean, there are probably a lot of people who… don’t exactly want you around.” She leaned against her trolley for a moment.
“What do you mean?” Harry scowled, slipping his glasses back up his nose. He wasn’t really in the mood for Hermione’s mind games, he was too busy thinking of what he’d be doing this summer, wondering if he’d be able to come up with any ideas for things to do.
“You defeated Tom Riddle. There are non-Death Eaters out there who still supported him, and would look for a reason to torture muggles. You ended their chances at that, and that could… well, really make them angry.” She said softly. “I’m just concerned about you, I don’t want you to get hurt.” She added.
“Well…” he looked away. “I don’t really know what to say to that.” He muttered. “Thanks for your concern, but I think I can take care of myself.”
“Maybe it’s not always about you, Harry… You’re putting Luna at risk too, you know.” Ron said, and Harry glanced up at him. He hadn’t thought of that.
“You’re right…” he sighed, brushing one hand through his hair. “I’m… gonna go home, get some thought on this. See you guys sometime this summer.” He placed one hand on his possessions, and turned on one heel, disappearing with a crack, and reappearing in the foyer of his home. He walked through the rooms, leaving his stuff behind.
He found one, with a decent sized bed, and lay down, folding his arms behind his head, and staring at the ceiling. What could he tell Luna? ‘Sorry, but I can’t come to look for Grayvens with you, I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.’ He snorted. Luna’d been through worse, she could take care of herself… couldn’t she? Hadn’t she faced terrible danger before, fighting at his side?
Of course she could take care of herself, Harry was getting all worried for nothing. But just in case, when they DID go out, he’d keep an extra eye out.

Author’s Notes: I know this chapter was rather short, but it was the best I could do with such short notice. I hope you all enjoy it :)
Sign up to rate and review this story