Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Death of Charlotte Ross

Sick Joke

by wheresyourheart 3 reviews

Is it a twisted joke, or really what he thinks it is?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-12-05 - Updated: 2008-12-06 - 907 words

0Unrated
The fifteen-year-old frame of Gerard Way slouched outside of his father's bedroom door. "I'm leaving," he said.

Drowsily, Donald replied, "huh?"

"I'm leaving," Gerard repeated impatiently. "I'm going to school."

Donald was quiet. "Oh. Right." His voice is filled with sadness. "Have a good day."

Although this was his father's way of saying goodbye, Gerard continued to stand outside of the bedroom. We wanted to say something, to tell him that he feels the same way his father does, but at the same time wanted to go barging in there and yell at him. He wanted his dad to know that him and Mikey were hurting just as much. Donald may have lost his wife, but Gerard and Mikey lost their mother.

He opened his mouth to speak, took a breath in, then closed it and walked through the cramped hallway to the poor excuse of a kitchen. Mikey was standing at the counter, looking like he just rolled out of bed, snacking on dry lucky charms.

"Want some?" Mikey asked.

"No thanks," Gerard told him, "I have a bus to catch. Unlike some little school skipper..."

Mikey's mouth dropped, "I am not!"

"Alright," Gerard said, rolling his eyes as he opened the front door and stepped into the springtime air. Before pulling his hood on his head, he turned to take one last look at the trailer Donald forced them to move into three months ago when Donna passed away.

Gerard actually didn't mind much about moving. He got to escape waking up to an empty kitchen and accidently saying, "I'm home mom," to an empty couch, out of habit. Plus, he got to start over. The three moved a few towns over from Belleville, to a place where everyone wasn't constantly saying how sorry they were about the accident, and to a school where all of the teachers didn't always give him the same sympathetic look; head titled, eyebrows slightly scrunched, mouth in a slight half-frown.

Another plus side to his new home was the quiet walks to the bus stop (especially quiet whenever Mikey wouldn't go to school). Gerard's daily route was to make his way down the hill and cut through the field in his backyard, which was a whole lot shorter than following the sidewalks.

But today, as he came to the bottom of the hill, Gerard noticed something in the field. It looked like a person... a girl. She was bloody, and although Gerard enjoyed gore, he couldn't enjoy this. It was obviously just a mannequin, but it looked pretty realistic and scared him.

Gerard reassured himself; It's all just a sick joke. He stood there for a short while, noticing a trail of blood that began at the edge of the road. Feeling dizzy, he turned and walked quickly to the road and made his way to the bus stop.

Already, the image began to become warped into what he wanted. Instead of the realistic image he'd seen, in his mind it became a mannequin from Macy's that someone had planted there, knowing he'd find it.

Just as he arrived to his destination, the bus came and, in a trance, Gerard stepped on. He decided to snap out of it and began sketching in a notebook he'd pulled out of his bag.

"What are you sketching, Gerard?" A boy behind him asked. Gerard lifted his notebook to reveal a skeleton head with sunken eyes. "Sweet," the boy said, making Gerard feel like he fit in. Placing his notebook back on his lap, Gerard continued as the bus rolled on to school.

_________________

All through homeroom and first period, Gerard couldn't get what he had seen earlier in the morning off his mind. He kept thinking... what if that really had been a real girl? And it was the last few minutes of science class when Gerard's teacher got a phone call.

"Yes, he's here... sitting at his desk... of course. He'll be right down," Mr. Hall replaced the phone on the hook and told Gerard, "You're wanted in the office. Bring you're stuff," he paused, "I think you're getting dismissed."

Grabbing his backpack and science book, Gerard nodded, sensing something wasn't right. Everyone stared at him as he left the room, then continued with their conversations. He walked quickly through the halls, not wanting to let his mind wander and think of things worse than just getting dismissed for something as simple as a dentist appointment. Walking faster, he suddenly came to a halt when outside of the office stood a policeman.

"Are you Gerard Way?" he asked.

Gerard replied with a nod.

"I'm Officer Banks," the cop told Gerard, "And you are coming with me."

"Wha-wh-why?" Gerard asked, feeling sick to his stomach.

Officer Banks gave the sophomore a dirty look, "I think you know why."

Swallowing, Gerard said, "I really don't know what's going on."

The officer roughly grabbed Gerard's arm and led him out the front doors, harshly whispering into Gerard's ear, "Does the name Charlotte Ross ring a bell?"



__________________
I hope you guys enjoyed this, even for a second... hopefully it didn't bore you.
reveiws? I love them so much and I will love YOU so much.
one more thing! I have to brag... last night I went to a LeATHERMOUTH concert (actually two nights ago because now it's two minutes into a new day) on the fourth. It was amazing.
I touched Frankie's butt :D
haha
Sign up to rate and review this story