Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > RenoRufus Drabbles

71-80

by Rufus_Shinra4179 0 reviews

10 Drabbles based around a Reno/Rufus story in my head. Guest appearances from just about everyone at some stage or other.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Loz,Reno,Rude,Rufus Shinra - Published: 2008-12-06 - Updated: 2008-12-07 - 1154 words - Complete

0Unrated
71. Rufus sighed as he watched the men in the room go crazy (in their own quiet little ways) just because Scarlet entered. What the hell was wrong with them? Or, he supposed, what the hell was wrong with HIM? He just didn’t see the attraction to all those curves. Of course, she was also damned annoying and overly familiar. It was not a winning combination – at least not for him. His father seemed to like it though.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As if to drive the point home, he watched as the woman in question brushed up against Reno. It came as a bit of a surprise to realise just how relieved he felt when the Turk quickly made excuses to be on the other side of the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

72. Rude had become good at predicting the days that Reno would go around the building, playing pranks and generally getting on the last nerve of anyone whose path he crossed. He had just KNOWN that he should call in sick that day but for some reason, he hadn’t bothered…which was why he was now stuck in the shower at work, trying to remove the pink and yellow paint that seemed to cover every square centimetre of his body and plotting just how he would get the crazy-assed idiot back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

73. Sometimes the stupidity of what Reno has done to himself overwhelms him. He had Rufus but he walked away from him. Sure, he probably wouldn’t have had him for much longer but was that really the point? He’d let his pride stop something that he’d wanted for so, so long and now…now he was living with the fear that Rufus would find someone else. Sure, he could definitely find someone better than him. They would be more suited, more able to fit into his world and not be an embarrassment like he would definitely be to the blonde President…but would they love him as well as he could? He couldn’t believe that it was possible. Despite that, when those feelings overwhelmed him, he didn’t rush into the office like he wanted…he set little traps and games up in the building. At least they gave Rufus some amusement – even if he would never admit it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

74. Even after all the time that he’d been guarding Rufus he’d never once admitted his greatest weakness to him – or to anyone else for that matter he was sure – yet he knew anyway. It was why he always insisted that his guards - even inside the ShinRa building, accompanied him. Conveniently, staff just assumed this was to remind people that HE was boss. The truth was much simpler – Rufus ShinRa did indeed have a weakness: Claustrophobia. The best way to hide it for him at least, was to ensure he would never be alone in an enclosed space…and so at least one guard was with him almost everywhere he went.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

75. Rude had become a frequent visitor to the bar. It wasn’t for the fact that he liked the beer. Well, actually at first it had been that. After a while though, the merits of the beer had been forgotten as he realised there was something much more desirable…her name was Tifa and he was totally smitten – she was the most amazing woman he’d ever seen. Not that he’d ever admit that to her. Why would anyone want someone like him?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

76. Tseng had always prided himself on being a controlled man, on being polished and…not quite suave but certainly sophisticated. Indeed, he’d had no reason to doubt this about himself. Not until Elena. Not straight away either. No, he’d been able to continue with his self-delusion for some time even when he finally admitted to himself that he cared for her. The moment he snapped out of that was the day that she was attacked by one of Phinneaus’ friends - Mitch. The most basic and primitive of urges to protect those that mattered took over and when Tseng was finished with him, he certainly wouldn’t be able to hurt another woman as long as he lived…and Tseng had been diligent in ensuring that would be for many more years to come – just as he ensured that Mitch would wish his end would come much sooner.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

77. Loz glared at the microwave. He didn’t understand why he out of the three of them must be the one to make the food but he knew for certain that he hated this stupid box. Why wouldn’t it work? Why wouldn’t it just WORK? His patience finally snapped. He looked wildly around the room and when he found something suitably heavy, he started attacking the contraption. It was only after it was beyond repair that he realised it hadn’t been plugged into the power supply…

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

78. Reeve shook his head. “Rufus, I don’t think you understand the magnitude of what you have revealed to the press. You haven’t thought through this at all. This could be problematic for your company.”

Rufus raised a brow at that, had been about to say something when Reno beat him to the crunch. “Oddly, I don’t think Rufus much cares what you think, Reeve – his personal life really is none of your business - and it’s President Rufus to you!” Rufus smiled a little at that. “I couldn’t have said it better myself, thank you Reno.” Reeve snorted but said nothing further.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

79. Rude had been with them forever – at least, it seemed that way to Rufus. He could remember the first time he saw him – he’d been terrified by the big, silent man. He learnt soon enough however, that away from President ShinRa’s eyes, Rude was very much a big softie – like a human teddy bear. :D He was often the one to pick him up and make him feel better when he fell and hurt himself or had been hurt by his father’s malicious words. Obviously he didn’t do that now but his presence in a room could still comfort Rufus.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

80. Rude stood at the door to his and Reno’s shared office, unwilling to enter when his partner was so obviously on the rampage – he was trashing everything in his path. He rushed in though when Reno moved to his desk, rescued the one thing of any importance on his desk and watched as his things were sent tumbling to the ground. “DAMN IT! He’s got millions – BILLIONS – in the bank and yet what good is it? What GOOD? He’s getting worse and there’s nothing I can do to help him.” Ah. Rude sighed and made his way back to the doorway. His friend obviously needed to get this out of his system.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story