Categories > Original > Fantasy > When I See You Smile, Tears Fall Down My Face

Ch. 1: Dedication Takes A Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last For A Night

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

Brandon decides to talk to me after being very unsure about it. (Title from Stay Awake by All Time Low)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-12-15 - Updated: 2008-12-16 - 798 words

0Unrated
According to Brandon, it all started one night in the fall. I had just gotten the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus CD, Don’t You Fake It, onto my iPod. I had heard my friend Lyssa mention the song, Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
“Unfortunately, Your Guardian Angel gets old the one thousandth time you listen to it.” She had said.
I took in a deep breathe as I lay in bed, and pressed the play button. My eyes closed as I listened to the opening notes of the song. It was beautiful. It hit a little soft spot in my heart, just like all songs I fell in love with did. It also gave me a little funny feeling in my eyes, like all songs that made me want to cry did. I usually never cried with songs, I just would get that little feeling. But no, this song was different. A tiny tear leaked through and ran down my cheek.
When I see your smile
Tears roll down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
Cause I'm here for you
Please don't walk away and
Please tell me you'll stay woah, stay woah

Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be okay
Though my skies are turning gray

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven


The second time through, I sang along with it, softly. Maybe, I thought, he’s my guardian angel. Maybe, just maybe.
Little did I know, Brandon was there. Standing in my room was my guardian angel. Tears fell down his face at the sight of the little smile I displayed after singing the song. He shook his head, perfectly silent.
“I can’t take this.” He whispered into the air. He held out his hand for a second, and then he left the room in a flash.
Suddenly, he was in a different place. He must have walked passed dozens of beings like him.
“Hey! Brandon!” some called out. He flat out ignored them. He wanted to see only one person.
“Brandon, what a wonderful surprise,” The benevolent voice said, “For what do I owe this visit to?”
“You have to know,” Brandon gritted his teeth.
“I do,” He sighed, “I wanted it to hear it in your words. But, yes, I know. She loves you.”
“Even though she’s never met me. How is that?” Brandon said.
“I do not know. But, nevertheless, she loves you.”
“And funny enough, I love her, too.”
“I know.”
“What should I do?”
“She suffers without knowing you exist.”
“Right.”
“And you suffer without her knowing you exist.”
“Exactly.”
“So what would you like to do?”
“I’m really not sure.”
“Then why did you come up to talk to me?”
“I figured you’d know what to do.”
“Hm.”
“Do you?”
“Yes. …”
“…Can you tell me?”
“Oh. Yes. You can do one of two things. The first is to just keep protecting her without having her suspect anything.”
“Or?”
“I’m getting there. You go into your human form and go into her world. You’ll still be her guardian angel, and you’ll still have the ability to turn into an angel. But, you’d be in the human world which is much different from our world.”
“I’m allowed to do this?”
“I just told you to do it, didn’t I?”
“Yeah…”
“Then go do it.”


---
First off, yes, Lyssa, I editted it. You're Welcome. Ok, so for this story... I really didn't plan on posting it on FicWad or anything of the sort. It was a way for me to get thoughts out. But now I'm posting it. So have a look in my head, and enjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story