Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Tell Me My Life

chapter seven

by erinisavictim 4 reviews

VAMPIRE MEETINGS YOU GUYS.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-12-16 - Updated: 2008-12-16 - 1301 words

0Unrated
february 16th; katelynn
Brendon had instructed me to "get dressed for the meeting", and I had no idea what that meant. I sifted through my incredibly well-stocked wardrobe (now all hanging neatly in the closet) to see if anything seemed appropriate for attending a congregation of famous vampires.

Nothing did.

"Almost ready?" Brendon's voice came from the bedroom door.
"Er, actually..." I said, letting him in. "what exactly did you mean by 'get dressed'? What do you wear to this kind of thing?"

Brendon laughed when he understood, taking one of my hands and pulling me to the closet. "Mhh, sorry I wasn't a bit clearer. William tends to prefer that we dress sort of... formal." He gestured to his own outfit-- fitted black pants, a button up shirt, and a black suit jacket. Momentarilly stunned at how beautiful he looked when he dressed up, I didn't notice when he made his choice.

"I love this, and you havent even taken the tags off yet." Brendon pushed a length of black lace into my hands-- one of the more elaborate (and expensive) pieces that I'd shied away from-- and then picked up a pair of black heels from the floor, throwing them on the bed before heading to the door.

"Hurry, please. He'll give me hell if we're late."

------

"Bren?"
"Mh?"
I tugged on his hand, stopping him from opening the door. I could hear voices behind it, so I knew that this was where the meeting was being held.
"I'm... nervous." I felt like a coward for admitting it. But Brendon graced me with a sympathetic smile.
"I know you are. But you really needn't be, Katelynn. The formality, that's really just Bill being over-theatrical. My family is actually very relaxed, and very welcoming. William's a prick, but he's a special case." He grinned wider, causing me to do the same.

"Ready?" Brendon gave my hand an expectant squeeze.
"Yeah. But... one more thing. Do you think-- well, will William be too angry about this?" I held up our hands. Brendon merely laughed and shrugged.

"Probably, yeah, but William gets mad about everything. Does that matter?"
"No. Does it to you though?" Although Brendon openly mocked William's authority, he always seemed intent upon not upsetting him. I hadn't been sure whether Brendon would want to keep our 'relationship' a secret from William or not. I would adhere to choice either way.

Brendon's expression turned serious and he freed his hand from mine to place both of his on my face. "No. William... Bill has been my best friend for over three centuries, so I know he means well. But you must understand... While William is our primary leader, my authority is a close second to his. I have to obey his orders, to an extent, but I do not need his approval." He bent for a quick kiss before opening the door and pulling me into the room.

------

The meeting room was big. It was in what I assumed to be the larger part of the penthouse of the building. The only furniture was a long glass table, around which sat the Dandies-- all incredibly familiar to me, all dressed in formal attire, and all staring at Brendon and I with blank expressions.

"Brendon, Katelynn, nice of you to join us. I trust that you have a reasonable explaination as to why you are late," William said, staring pointedly at our clasped hands. Brendon very conspicuously pulled me closer to his body and rested his cheek on my head.

"Lost track of time," he answered simply. I blushed again, feeling every pair of eyes in the room on me.

"Very well," William said smoothly. "You won't mind if we proceed, then? Brendon, here. Katelynn between Andrew and Jonathan, if you will."

I got nervous at the thought hof splitting with Brendon, but he took his seat on William's direct right and nodded that I should take the chair William was pointing to. As I sat, the nerves were replaced with a mixture of fear and awe. Andrew and Jonathan-- I was seated between the Butcher and Jon Walker. My heart nearly stopped as I glanced at the other faces around the long table, recognizing them all. Directly across from me sat Adam Siska, to hsi left Greta Salpeter, to this right Micheal Carden. Next to Greta, Spencer Smith. I stole a glance to either side of me-- Ryan Ross was on Andrew's other side, Haley Williams on Jon's.

Vampires, I thought in amazement. A group of powerful, famous, deadly vampires.

"Right, now that we're all here," William said briskly, "we have... a situation, I suppose. I assume you've all gathered that this," he waved a hand at me, and all heads turned my way again, "is Katelynn-- the product of Brendon's outstanding self control." There were a few quiet laughs down the table, but Brendon looked furious. "Katelynn," William spoke directly to me now. "I am only explaining this once, so keep up and don't interrupt."

I thought I could hear a low growl from Brendon's direction, but I may have imagined it from the look on his face.

"Now," William spoke to the group again. "I've explained the situation before: what Brendon did to her transfered some of his power-- our power-- to her body. She is strong like us, fast like us. Correct, Katelynn?" I nodded once. "Yes. But of course the difference is that she is still human. She still has blood. The sangladri somehow learned of thsi... interraction, and are now targeting her. They believe-- and as do I, for that matter-- that in taking her blood they will gain some of our strengths."

Although I had known this since the day they'd come for me, hearing the explanation again rekindled some of the fear. My blood. A group of vampires was after my blood specifically. But my fears only worsened as William continued.

"It will, of course, be extremely dangerous for them to have her. We've had them beat in strength for centuries, but certainly they're a match hwith numbers. And if they should ever become as physically capable as the Dandies... well, there would be quite an even fight. We can not risk the loss of any of our family." A few of the vampires around me shifted uncomfortably at these words, Brendon among them. I, however, was alarmed by William's last sentence: that was a side of him I hadn't seen before. I reconsidered what Brendon had said earlier, about William's intentions being good. But his voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Now, the reason for this sudden meeting! We had to know this was coming, so I've had them watched very carefully," he nodded in appreciation to a handful of people, "and the Sangladri have plans to search for Katelynn at her home tonight."


---------

YOU GUYSSSSSS.
alex_-nods-
PanicFOBAcademy26
let_it_go
boobear1985
smilin_tj

my reviewers! we all have secret society meetings every single night during which we drink fancy tea from fancy cups and talk about how awesome they are and how they deserve more tea and fancier cups. (:
If you dont really know me, which i'm assuming you dont, then you arent aware of how fashion-addicted i am. soooo, if you were maybe sorta not really wondering what her dress looked like, it's this "fantastic charlotte ronson dress":http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15316615&parentid=W_APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=21&navAction=poppushpush&color" that i found at urban outfitters. its not expensive but you can pretend it is for the sake of my story. brendon urie would totally fuck the brains out of any human being wearing this dress, and that's a fact (or something).
Sign up to rate and review this story