Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Band Camp

7thyear geek

by chewlyL 0 reviews

Hermione and Draco meet up with old muggle-friends.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Draco, Hermione - Published: 2006-03-16 - Updated: 2006-03-16 - 3128 words

1Funny
Chapter 2: 7year Geek

(This is a long one I know but it's freakin' hilarious. Band Boys, you will recognize most of this.) (yes I know my spelling is not the best and I had hoped the spell-check would cover for me. But who cares, I'm not gonna become an English teacher. And I'm having a hell of a fun time writing this! Chris, Jase, this chapter is for you guys)

The last day of school was always the best in just about every class but potions. The Golden trio had a fine day and they were, for the last time, loading aboard the Hogwarts Express. As the three stepped on they passed Draco who simply stated "See you mudblood," with a snicker to Hermione. She clashed her shoulder to his when she passed him.

"Malfoy," was all she said. Wow, she's just as good an actor as I, he thought holding his scrunched face. Weasley and Potter's faces stood proud of their Hermione and smiled evil glares as they shoved him aside.

Ron said bravely to him, "Don't blow out other people's candles just to make yours burn brighter, Malfoy," and they were gone.

Ron opened the cart door for Hermione and they all stepped in taking off a layer of their long robes.

"You'd think that would get old after a while wouldn't you?" he said slamming the door mimicking Draco, "'Little mudblood'. Why I otta-" but he trailed off and placed himself down just left of Hermione who was sitting at the window seat.

"Don't worry about it," she said quite plainly, "He's only human, and besides, it barely bothers me any more. You'd think he would find something worse to call me after all these years, but I guess that just isn't in the extent of his vocabulary." The three chucked a little as the train set off. This was the last time they would ever ride it. Apparation was now at their fingertips.

With both of her dearest friends asleep Hermione stared out the window fantasizing of band camp. Ron was snoring on her left shoulder and Harry's legs were extended, resting on her knees. As much fun as she had with them it was just not the same as camp. She loved them so and it broke her heart just to see them sleeping. Her muggle friends were not better then them, she didn't love either group more then the other. They were just....different from one another.

Now being of age, Draco and Hermione apparated themselves to Colorado's Highschooler Band Camp. They met with the gang in Cabin 4 around 8:00pm or so.

Hermione was hauling her red and yellow duffle bag though the small wooden front door. Draco held it for her as they stepped in. There were two sets of bunk beds; each had a window, a dresser and about half the cabin. When you walked in you only had a few feet before you were in-between the two sets of beds.

James lay on his belly, on Chase's bottom bunk, reading (as usual) something that looked like one of the classical Lord of the Rings books. Chase sat with his elbows on his knees flipping though something called a 'kar magozeen' on Draco's bottom bunk. Alex must not have arrived yet, either that or he wasn't coming this year.

As soon as the two herd the door creek the two looked up, "HERMIONE! Draco!" they shouted in unison, Chase a little later. James hugged Hermione first, causing her to drop her duffle, and Chase took to Draco pounding each other on the back. They then reversed.

"Oh, I've missed you all so." Hermione smiled as they all helped the newly arrived two to set up there things, "sorry I'm a little late, I expected to see Draco here before me to tell you the truth." She placed a stack of clothes from her duffle into her dresser by the eastern window. James was helping her set up and Chase was helping Draco on the western side of the room. James placed a purple framed picture of Harry, Ron and Hermione on the dresser. He stroked his finger across the side. Not turning he head he asked, "So how the fellows treating our Hermione, Drake?" shouting across the room Draco's nick-name.

"Oh they spend every second possible together," he threw his silver and green duffle back on the bottom bunk and unzipped it, "Sometimes I wonder about the three of them and what they really do on their mid-night sneak-outs," he teased and razed an eye brow to 'Mione. Chase and James laughed with Draco. When the three laughed it was the happiest sound in the world to Hermione, even if they were teasing her. It was the complete mixture of laughs. James had his loud chuckle that split up in some high pitches now and then. Chase had a quieter laugh that sounded like he should have been laughing a 'tee-hee' but he laughed the 'ha' chuckle of it. And Draco's was nothing like his evil laughter at school. Happiness spread about his face and bleached all his other features as he usually slapped his knees. Hermione's laugher was not as bubblely as a girl's giggle should be and was more of a chuckle herself.

"Shut-up." she laughed, wadding up a shirt she had at hand and tossing it at Draco. He tried to block and it made a slight thud on his left shoulder as he laughed harder and higher. Hermione returned to her unpacking and shook her head smiling.

"Ah come on Hermione." Draco was coming out of his laugh.

"You know we love you." Chase said from tradition.

"Some of us more then others." James said as he grabbed her from behind around her waist quickly leaning it.

Hermione would have none of this. She quickly threw his arms off her and pushed him away, he burst with a high laughter looking to the others. Hermione laughed smiling hard while pulling more things out of her duffle.

"I hate you," she joked laughing. Draco and James burst out and Draco tossed the shirt, under arm, back to Hermione. She caught it shaking her head and laughing while stuffing the shirt into the drawer.

A French Horn broke their laughter. It was time for the boy's showers. The three trotted to the door, Draco held it for the other two.

Pointing his finger to her, James walked backwards while saying, "Don't worry, we'll be back for you, when it's dark," when he was out the door he walked the proper way. Chase followed close behind him not looking at her but talking quite loud to James.

"Yeah and then we can realllllyyy have some fun."

James cracked up with Chase as Draco lifted back his head as well, winking at Hermione as he graceful fled out the door.

Hermione collapsed on the bottom bunk of Chase's laughing and shouted loudly, "YEAH, IN YOUR DREAMS!"

It was about nine at night. Hermione lay on her belly, elbows forward, on her top bunk by the window facing opposite the doorway. She was reading James's Lord of the Rings by moonlight in her baby blue PJs. She didn't have the heart to start a new book in the middle of her first night back; she would never retain the information. She merely opened the book to a random page knowing that James wouldn't mind. He was more of a book-worm then she could ever be to tell you the truth. Hermione sighed and read on.

James was the first to arrive back; towel around his waist and another draped lazily on his head. His bare chest showed as he attempted to scrub dry what little brown hair he had.

"Hey bitch," she greeted smiling, glancing over her shoulder to him only for a second before returning to her book.

"Hey sexy whore," he said simply and walked over to the bunk. The tall boy crossed his arms and draped them, with his elbows, over the mattress about a foot away from Hermione's face, "What part you at?" he asked a little softer shaking the towel on his head again.

"Oh, Gollum's just arguing with himself again." she shook her head leaning up a tad.

"Yeah, annoying little bugger isn't he?" James moved on into the bathroom turning on the light, which flooded half the cabin with light leaving the other half to the moon light. The bathroom stood directly between and behind the set of bunk beds, the mirror on the west wall. At this angle Hermione could see into just about half of the bathroom and when she talked to James they communicated though the mirrors reflection.

"And since when do you speak British?" she questioned him and leaned up more on her elbows since he was farther away now.

"Since it turns you on," he actually turned around and said this to her, holding on to the door frame with his right hand. He turned back in as another voice interrupted them.

"Come on Hermione, we know you too well," Chase had only one towel on and it was wrapped around his waist. He shook his wet head as he passed her to the bathroom, splattering her with water from his black hair (which was about to the top of his ears).

"Hey, careful 'round that book." James had turned around again and was pointing at Chase with a brown comb. He then turned so 'Mione could see his back again as Chase shoved himself into the bathroom answering 'yeah yeah yeah' to James's book remark. Chase was more of a car and motorcycle magazine guy. "But Chase is right 'Mione" James continued though the mirror but more concerned with his hair combing.

­­­­­­­­

"Well, Draco's British, but you don't see me shagging him do you?" flipped Hermione.

"I dunno," James looked to Chase smiling, he was also combing his hair now, "How are we suppose to know what goes on at that school you two go to." They chucked at her.

"Oh, please. You have know idea--" she started, she was giggling as well.

"Yeah I think we got a pretty good idea about what's goin' on between you two when you're not here." he joked cracking up.

"Yeah, next thing you know, they'll be skipping lessons and be banging each other outside on the grass." Chase added making James burst with a 'yeah, you just wait'.

"What, who's shagging outside on the grass and why was I not there?" Draco had entered in the same way Chase had; by flinging water on Hermione. This was making James more agitated.

"Hey, watch the book!" This made Hermione laugh out loud.

"Wait, what was going on here?"

"Oh nothing, just talking' 'bou how you an' 'Mione have been shagging" Chase mocked the British with his slight lisp, "And how she is extremely attracted to guys with British accents." Draco snatched the comb from Jason's hair and used it on his own.

"Hell yeah we are, and hell yeah she is. You know how 'Mione and me get it on....all....night....long" Jason stole the comb back madly as Draco was swaying his hips in the mirror between the other two. The three were cracking up as they continued to steel the two combs from one another. They were having an awfully fun time taunting Hermione, something they had done since day one. But as they got older, things shifted too more of the inappropriate jokes. Hermione knew that every second of their thinking was spent on sex, and they didn't hide it. That's what she loved about then the most; they were open-minded and never hid anything.

"You guys are so mean," she smiled wide shaking her head.

"Awe come on Hermione," Draco said half out of his comical stage, "You know we're just kidding."

"Yeah, you know we're your brothers," Chase added.

"And you know what that means don't you?" James smiled wickedly at her.

"What," Hermione snickered happily, "that the three of you are gonna nag and teez me to death for the rest of my life?"

"Worse," Draco read the other's thoughts.

"It means," James was washing his face and talking though the water, "that you can never leave our site."

"That," Chase leaned across Draco and handed James a dry towel, "you can never-"

"-Ever-"

"-Date anyone-" Draco yanked the towel from James

"'Cept me," James grinned wide at her though the mirror.

"or me" Chase followed with the same smile type.

"No! Not you,... just me." James shoved into Draco's left side, causing his right to knock Chase over onto the floor.

"or me, then." Draco shoved James a little.

"Nope, not even you British-boy."

"She can so go with me," Chase had not let the other conversation go.

"Not if you wanna live to see tomorrow."

"Boys," but Hermione's voice was useless

"Oh, yeah, bring it on." Chase cocked his head back and forth.

Draco quickly added in before James attached his friend, "And while you two start wrestling and break-out into passionate love making, me and 'Mione will be saying our vows."

"Oh he's goin' for the romance side now," James punched Chase lightly on the shoulder looking at Draco. They were scooting farther away from the sink as they talked in a triangle now. Hermione was forced to watch the entire scene through the mirror.

"You know we could just settle this the easy way." Chase pointed his finger repeatedly to himself and James, "We team up ......and kill Drake,"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Quick, grab his arms!" A rustle began between the three; Hermione saw limbs flying everywhere as the bathroom door slowly closed. It was a good thing too; she didn't want to see what happened when they fought with only towels on. Many words were shouted that Hermione could pick up on; 'get off me' 'fuck what was that for, don't turn on me now' 'move fagget' 'I'll get you for that' 'God, you dick!' 'Well at least I have one,' and so on. Hermione continued to hear punches and slamming of walls. Soon the wrestling stopped and she continued reading, she knew the boys had obviously tired themselves and were now dressing for the night. Hermione thought of Alex, he should be here by now, hmm, guess he's not gonna be here this year.

After a few pages of Tolkin's boring, descriptive, yet exciting novel, her boys exited from the bathroom in their sweatpants, or boxers. The first few years they had fully clothed themselves at night for Hermione, but over the years they had grown more comfortable to her presence. Chase usually always wore just his boxers, while James stuck to his dark, gray sweats (with his school name in blue), and Draco in his Slytherin green.

As they walked out Hermione noticed Chase and Draco were forming black eyes. Draco's arms and chest were a little red, almost blue, and Chase's fists were badly bruised, like he had missed and punched the wall a few times (it also looked as though his right nipple was swollen. 'That is his true weakness,' Hermione could tell you.) James on the other hand looked almost completely unharmed, and he was aware of it. There was only one small bruise on his left breast muscle.

Hermione could never tell who was the strongest out of the three, they all had strength in different places; Chase in his arms, Draco in his breasts and kindof his abs, but James...well he was not huge in any particular spot. You could tell that his legs and arms were skilled from his rock climbing but he didn't show as much strength as the other two, but it was there. It was amazing how Hermione never saw these three as anything more then friends; they were her big brothers, there to protect her.

James flaunted his strength over the other two that tore Hermione from her book, placing a hand on her back, "See, these jack-asses can't protect you for shit." he rubbed her head quickly, and not softly. He moved on and climbed into the top bunk to Hermione's left

Chase laughed in the background, "ha, sex-hair," as he slipped into the bunk under her.

From across the room Hermione could see James staring at the ceiling, -hands under his head- mocking Chase's lisped 's's by mouthing 'sex-hair' 'sex-hair'.

The light from the bathroom was switched off by Draco as he bounced into the bed under James. By now, Hermione was use to the bright light and moon-light was useless. She closed The Two Towers.

"James," she kneeled up, resting her butt on her feet, "book," was all she had to say to get him to look her way, not sitting up. She tossed it over the four foot range. It hit his belly with an 'umph'.

James leaned over the end of the bed to Draco, "Drake?" Draco opened his eyes and looked to the upside-down boy to the right side of his bed, "put this under the bed would ya,"

"Oh don't you have enough book shit under there already," Draco sat up taking the book and leaning over to slide it under the bed coming back up to kick the bunk above him.

James pushed himself back up to his pillows, "Hell no."

"That's my motto on books," Hermione agreed lying on her back cuddling her comforters up to her chin.

"Hey, 'Mione," Chase seemed to be knocking the bed under her.

"Yeah," her eyes still shut when answering.

"Top or bottom," they played this game often.

Hermione smiled wide still half asleep, "Bottom."

"In that case, I think we all can agree on 'top'" Chase basically shouted to the others.

"Hell ya" "Shit yes" "You know it" "Oh come on 'Mione you know you like it" was their response.

Hermione rolled onto her stomach, head facing the window to her right. It was so hard to laugh when one is so tired.

"Awe let her sleep," James waved his hand though the air turning on his side facing the window parallel to Hermione's, "God knows she's got a big day tomorrow."

"What are you talking about we don't have to play our instruments tomorrow." Chase was so stupid, couldn't he see where James was going with this.

"Oh, but me and Hermione have work to do with our instruments." he laughed at his joke. The other three tuned in- before Hermione fell to sleep at the sounds of her best friends laughing and making fun of her. Though her dreams it was clear that she would rather be at band camp then anywhere in the world this summer.
Sign up to rate and review this story