Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Don't Let Go

Chapter 1

by DarkRealm 2 reviews

What if Naraku killed Kikyo? How would Inuyasha react? What about Kagome?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 1052 words

2Original
Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters.

Kagome sat staring at the dying embers of the fire, wiping away the silent tears falling down her face. She looked over at Inuyasha in his human state, fighting the overpowering human morality that placed his true feelings on a silver platter for all to see. He stood up and walked away from the group with a sullen expression on his face.

He sat back down on the edge of the riverbank and sighed. The same surroundings he had viewed as beautiful the night before seemed to be much more sullen now. He found comfort only in the thought that Kagome and the others were still with him. He feared them leaving him with his own despair and regret.

'That stupid bastard! Damn that Naraku! How could Kikyo have let him do that to her?' He threw a rock into the river and watched as it skipped across the water. Kagome slowly approached him and sat down beside him. Inuyasha broke the tension filled silence first, "Kagome... I know that you feel resentment towards Kikyo... but it doesn't change the fact that the same bastard who took her life before took it again." Kagome nodded, understanding how hard it must be for him to talk about Kikyo.

"Inuyasha, I know that it is hard for you. And I can't help but feel out of place here."

"..." She got up and headed back towards the Bone-eaters Well, a sad and broken expression on her face. Even though Kikyo had died, she still had a huge math test the next day and had to go to school. As much as she regretted it, she had to leave Inuyasha all alone to deal with his pain.

Inuyasha walked back to the camp and saw Miroku with a rather large lump on his head. "Goddamn it, Miroku! Why do you have to be such a pervert at a time like this!"

Miroku gave him a mischievous smirk and said, "It was worth the pain. Where did Lady Kagome go?"
"...She went home," he replied sullenly.

((Meanwhile))
Kagome sat in the comfort of her room trying to study her algebra book, but images from the day before kept flowing through her mind.

((The Day Before))
A huge soul skimmer soared through the skies looking for souls to consume.

"Kikyo, you underestimate my power. You think that just because that fool of a mortal Onigumo desired you, I will hesitate to end your pathetic existence."

He lay dormant in the walls of his castle. He looked into Kanna's mirror and watched as Kikyo ran for her life.

She gazed at the sky with utter fear played across her face. "Naraku. Has he cast the feelings of Onigumo aside?"

She limped towards the banks of the river only to stumble into a pit of old bones. "This sham body will not hold up much longer."

Naraku watched with glee as the remaining souls escaped Kikyo's body. "She will die where she lies, and that insolent half-breed will find her dead body.

((Some Time Later))
Inuyasha sniffed the air. "Kikyo..." Kagome pointed to the sky, seeing a giant black soul skimmer passing overhead. "Inuyasha, look!"

Inuyasha ran towards the forest without another word. He followed the all too familiar scent until he came upon a pit of discarded bones.

Naraku had sent a golem to wait for Inuyasha at the bottom of the shallow pit, and it now stared up at him, grinning sinisterly.

"She put up quite a fight, though it was inevitable that she would die."

"NARAKU YOU BASTARD!"

He lunged at the puppet, Tetsusaiga in hand, with only one desire... to kill.
He sliced the golem in half and let out a strangled scream. He halfway turned and saw Miroku, Sango and Kagome walking towards him. He picked up Kikyo's tattered body and asked Miroku to bury it, fighting back tears.

((Back in Tokyo))
Kagome let out a sigh and closed her Algebra book. "There is no way that I can study tonight. I guess I'll just have to wake up early."
((The following morning))
Kagome awoke loud ringing of her alarm clock. She looked at the time and immediately jumped up. "No! It's 6:30 already? I still have to study for my test!" She sat down at her desk and tried to focus on her algebra. Once she understood most of it, she got ready and ran off to school, shouting, "Bye, Mom, Gramps! See you later!"
((Later that Day))
"Bye, Mom... I'll be back soon."
Kagome ran to the well and jumped in. She climbed out and walked to Lady Kaede's village to find Inuyasha and the others. She found Miroku and Sango Shippo, and Kirara, but no Inuyasha.
"How's he doing?"
"Ah, you're back, Lady Kagome!"
"Yeah, but only for a couple of days."
"Inuyasha is doing a little bit better. He's down by the river, I think."
Kagome walked to the river and sat beside Inuyasha. He looked at her, but kept quiet, as usual. Kagome broke the silence and asked him, "Are you okay, Inuyasha?"

"Feh... I'm fine. I've just been thinking about...Kikyo...Why were you crying over her, Kagome. You never really liked her, did you?

"No, not exactly, but still... I knew how you would feel and the thought of you being unhappy made me sad too..."

"Stupid... I'm not that soft, you know."

"For Kikyo you are."

"Feh."

"Well, we'd better get back to trying to kill Naraku and finding the jewel, I guess."

Inuyasha sniffed the air... "I smell that bastard, Sesshomaru... and he's near."

Sesshomaru, followed closely by Ah-Un, Rin, and Jaken, glared coldly at his half brother, "I heard that wench of a miko died."

"What of it?"

"It's not like I care. I just came to see if you had gone to hell along with her."

"You bastard!"

Inuyasha ran wildly, wielding the transformed Tetsusaiga, swinging where Sesshomaru had been only a second before.

"Fool. You shouldn't take your anger out on me."

"Shut up. I'm tired of hearing your voice."

"Come on Rin, Jaken. Let us leave this fool."

Author's Note: Well this is my first story ever. Hope you liked it. Give me some ideas and all reviews are very much appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story