Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You're Not A Day Too Soon

Hurry, Hurry

by smokeandmirrors 2 reviews

Brendon's reaction is more than Madeline had hoped for...and yet less than she'd dreamed of.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-12-26 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 1239 words

0Unrated

The line was moving, and god, were my palms sweating. I listened to their bodyguard Zach or whoever he was, I wasn't quite sure, but he was telling awful stories of what some crazed fans had done and what was allowed and what wasn't. 'Well, at least I don't have to worry about Brendon being grossed out by clammy hands,' I thought as Zach nixed handshakes, saying high fives were alright and hugs were absolutely out of the question. I'd be allowed one picture and then move on after having them sign whatever. I had no real interest in having them sign anything, I only had a book and recipe to give in exchange for what I'd guess would only be five seconds to see if Brendon still wanted anything to do with little ol' me. I sighed heavily and took deep soothing breaths, humming something from Across The Universe as I shuffled along with the rest of the fans, clutching my bad with my knuckles going white as the four members of the band known as Panic at the Disco came into view, my breath leaving me as I saw him and my legs shaking slightly. I took another deep breath and prayed for strength as I drew closer and closer to the table where the four musicians sat, where the man, instead of the ghost sat, warm and happy and making others happy through his music and his amazing energy. As soon as I saw that smile of his on his face, my day had brightened considerably and I felt confident, for once.

Jon was up first, and I grinned as he sized me up, and I could almost see the wheels turning in his eyes as he tried to place a name and memory to my face. I decided to save him the trouble and re-introduced myself. "Hey, I thought you'd at least remember the name of the girl who got poisoned at your party!" I held out my hand, suddenly forgetting I wasn't allowed to shake hands and winced as I heard Zach yell behind me, "No hands!" I blushed five different shades of red and dropped my hand, shaking my head and smiling as Jon laughed at me. "Madeline! Long time no uh, see! How've you been?" He had that lazy relaxing smile of his that I found myself enjoying more each time I saw him. "Oh between working at Starbucks and starting psych classes at a community college I'm doing pretty wonderful, looks like you're doing well! Oh, I got everyone something." Between taking out the recipe for the Blizzard Mix (white chocolate drizzled on Chexx Mix, the perfect solution to that Munchies problem I heard the gentlemen were having lately) and my laughing as Jon showed it to Ryan all excited, Brendon must have heard my laugh and I heard my name fall from those lips that plagued my dreams.

"SHIT, MADELINE IS THAT YOU?"
Okay, so maybe not exactly the reaction I'd pictured, but he was definitely surprised and smiling. I felt guilty about it afterward but I just couldn't bring myself to wave goodbye to Jon and Ryan as I walked over to Brendon automatically as he jumped out of his seat energetically and sort of opened his arms for a hug but I was so nervous of Zach and just stood there grinning like the fool I was. "Hey you! How've you been? I thought I'd come see just how great you guys were live." Liar, you came to see him and only him. "Me? I'm awesome, amazing, this tour is just so kickass, just non-stop and Shane's been filmin and uh just taking pictures like crazy cos we're planning something I can't talk about and man you got your haircut!" And just like that, he reaches forward, grinning from ear to ear and touches my black bangs with a gentle sweep of his long calloused fingers.

In romance novels, they take nearly a paragraph each chapter for the girl to describe the shocks, the tingles, the warmth or the spark running through her when the man she's destined to love touches her skin. I used to think it was ridiculous, just a far off daydream in the distance of my romantic heart. But when that warm, thriving skin of his fingertips came into contact ever so slightly with my skin, my hair, I felt like I'd become a supernova, fiery light burning throughout my body with a fierce heat. My cheeks flushed and a soft smile spread across my face as I tilted my head and reached up with one hand to shakily play with my bangs as well. "Yeah I guess I thought it was time I went short, since air conditioning in my apartment isn't the greatest for all of us Cousin Its in the world." I was still burning in my joyful little moment as his laughs chorused with my giggles. My giggles died however as I noticed many angry, annoyed girls behind me were becoming, and I quickly took out my book, Tarantula, and held it out to Brendon with a grin and a wink. "I think, with your recent habit, you might enjoy his incredible way with words in this book. I thought about just mailing it to you, but I thought, why not deliver it in person and listen to some decent music while I'm at it." Brendon smiled proudly and threw an arm around Spencer who waved to me and thanked me. "Well, I could try to find you after the concert, if you're gonna hang around after? You don't have to but you know, it'd be fun to catch up!"

It was around this time when I was finally being invited back into Brendon's life that Zach stomped into view and eyed me with slight annoyance. "We really gotta get movin' Bren, there's a long line and we've got thirty minutes to get this over with before the show." Guilt took over my features and I apologized quickly and waved goodbye to everyone before ducking out, turning my head back over my shoulder to see Brendon looking after me with a small smile on his face before he turned his attention to his adoring fans. I bit my lip so hard I winced as I walked back outside, cursing myself for being such a love fool. I was supposed to have more control than this, I was supposed to be trying to figure out how I'd live my life in this past I now had to call my present. And now what was I doing instead? Trying to chase the ghost that I'd fallen hard for in my present.

What a mess I'd become.

______________________________

Hello hello my little chickadees! Haha, thank you so much for the reviews, they really motivate me! Remember, if you've just happened upon this story, go read Brendon Urie The Friendly Ghost first so that you're not so confused while reading this haha. Of course, music helped me spit this chapter out, and I owe my thanks to Sia, Fall Out Boy, Obi Best and A Fine Frenzy. What do you guys think of Fall Out Boy's new album? Oh, and if you have any ideas for plot twists, let me know! If you'd like I'll throw some in there, haha. Hope this chapter was to your liking, and wasn't full of too much cheese!
Sign up to rate and review this story