Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You're Not A Day Too Soon

My Head's In Heaven, My Soles Are In Hell

by smokeandmirrors 6 reviews

Madeline finally realizes that lively Brendon isn't like his ghost, at least not at first...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-12-26 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 1659 words

1Moving

The concert was...amazing. I was jumping around with the rest of the fans in the front, my green gaze jumping from one talent to the next until my eyes finally settled on the lead singer, the one I was here for. I sang along to the few I'd remembered correctly, stopping myself in embarrassment if I forgot the words and just feeding off of Brendon's energy that he so eagerly and generously fed the fans, making girls grin and swoon, make me laugh and feel positively electric.

All four of the 'green gentlemen' were amazing when they were in their musical element, and the atmosphere was contagious. Even if I never got to see Brendon after the concert, I had memories that would be more than enough. Everyone was sweating, including myself, and the girls started to really get riled up when that silly man started rocking his hips from side to side as the band performed their cover of 'Shout!'.

Faster than I'd imagined, the magical night came to an end and as fans talked animatedly and took a few more pictures as the boys left the stage, I made my exit, looking for a bathroom to freshen up in before I nervously shuffled my way around the venue, my heart racing and a nauseous feeling start to make itself known as I found myself totally and utterly...lost. I took a deep breath and looked around once more before shaking my head and turning to go. I would just call him later, if he hadn't changed his number again, that is.

Just as I accepted defeat I heard that warm voice calling my name, beckoning me to where I wish I could belong. "Madeline! Hey, Madeline wait up!" I heard footsteps and turned around, smiling as Brendon stopped a couple feet in front of me, breathing a little heavy with an open-mouthed smile displayed so easily and genuine on his face. "I'm sorry I got lost and I knew I wasn't allowed back anywhere so I thought maybe I'd just go and call you later..." Brendon finally caught his breath and smirked, taking the hem of his soaked gray t-shirt and waving it around as he tried to cool his overheated body down. "Oh, well, I changed my number again three weeks ago, so, it's a good thing I caught you! So hey are you in any hurry cos it'd be awesome if you could stick around for a little bit, I mean we're basically just packing up but maybe we could get some alone time on the bus, if you don't mind me being all sweaty..."

This was a new grin that I was so unused to him displaying, the wolfish grin that my father used to give the blonde bartender when we lived in Maine for awhile. And here Brendon Urie was, giving me the same exact grin, only it was incredibly tempting to fall for and somewhat disappointing. Was he really trying to turn me into a girl to hook up with after the show? Maybe I really was that transparent with my feelings, and he thought he could just do whatever with me. My smile was quickly wiped off my face and I frowned, biting my bottom lip. "I don't mind sweat but I...don't think I get what you're implying." He chuckled at my 'naivete' and stepped closer to me, so I could clearly smell his sweat and deodorant, feel heat just radiate off of him in tidal waves. I took a deep breath and sighed as he invaded my space slightly, smirking. "Come on Madeline, I've been single for awhile now, I'm kind of lonely, always watching Keltie and Ryan together and Spencer with Haley and Jon with Cassie...where am I gonna get my action?"

Now, I wasn't really prude,I knew my body wanted him but my heart had claimed royal treatment first before anything physical happened, and as far as it seemed...this wasn't the sweet Brendon that wanted to brush my tears away and bandage me up after a hard day at work...this Brendon was a little drunk, a little high, and a lot horny. I swallowed and stepped back, rubbing my arm awkwardly before tugging on one of my short black curls and clearing my throat. "You call me when you have the time to be less of a horndog and more of a gentleman, Brendon. You and the guys were wonderful tonight...be safe."

I awkwardly patted his shoulder and shrugged as I smiled and walked away from him, mumbling under my breath, "I guess it isn't the same, afterall," as I left, ignoring those deep chocolate eyes I'm sure were trained on my back as I disappeared and headed for the bus station, catching the last ride just in time as the first tear rolled down my cheek and a wave of nausea that only results from severe disappointment settled in my stomach, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

At least I would no longer labor under my silly heartsick delusion. At least I could be proud of my making the right decision. It...was the right decision, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks had passed. Ben had consoled me and tried to set me up on a few dates, to no avail. I just never had enough time to date. I was volunteering at an animal shelter between Starbucks and my psych and lit classes at the Community College nearby, and when I actually had free time I was sketching like crazy, sketchings of me, my father, Brendon, Ryan, Jon, Spencer, Ben, and most of the animals at the shelter I worked at.

Ben didn't have to say it, because both he and I realized I was purposely making myself busy, distracted from Brendon. They were in the neighboring state (not like I had checked on a website or anything) and though I'd contemplated going to another show, I instead went to an Incubus concert and had a pretty good time. Now it was the weekend, and I didn't have to work at Starbucks and only had to work a four hour shift at the animal Shelter Sunday, so I was on my bed typing up my psych ten page paper when my cell began to rang. Thinking it was Ben I automatically picked up, saying a quote from Juno we always laughed together as a greeting.

"Thanks a heap Coyote Ugly, this cactus-gram stings worse than your abandonment." I already started to giggle until a totally different voice interrupted with nervous chuckles. "Uhh, is that how you always answer your phone? I've never heard that one before, but then again you're pretty creative." I sat up quickly, too quickly, the phone flying out of my hands and landing on my pillow. I coughed and scrambled to pick it back up, trying to keep calm and sound nonplussed as I said, "Hi, Brendon? Sorry I thought you were someone else, it's um from Juno? We always laugh at that part besides the part where Bleeker gets really pissed and starts recalling the night they had sex...ugh, rambling, hi, how are you?"

I sighed at my ever present stupidity and lack of being smooth or collected at all around him and waited with my stomach in knots for a reply. "Hahaha, no no that's cool, it's better than you not picking up...and if you're going to, just, you know hear me out first. I wanted to apologize for being such an asshole that night, there just...yeah I just pretty much said whatever shit came into my head, and I'm really sorry about that, and I was wondering if you didn't hate my guts so much, if you wanted to do something tomorrow? We don't have a show on Sunday and you're in the same area as the girlfriends so, you know, I could pick you up?"

My eyebrows shot up my forehead and it seemed like they were going to be staying there for awhile. I definitely had not anticipated anything like this, and I was pretty elated about the apology and Brendon wanting me to still be in his life, but I was cautious still. "Well, I forgive you and I don't hate you, hating is just like poison, I could never, but, anyway, I think that'd be great to see you but I've got work tomorrow, I work at the Animal Shelter for the county I live in between East and Lamherst? It's only a four hour shift starting at nine a.m. so I mean if you wanted I could just meet you somewhere or...I don't know, what's best for you?" My nerves were just shot to hell over one simple phone call with this man.

I was sweating buckets and he was hundreds of miles away from me. "Oh that's awesome, thanks so much Madeline you're so sweet seriously you should have a candy named after you or something, so like, I guess I'll just--Oops, soundcheck, I gotta go, I'll just hang with you at work, I don't care if I have to shovel shit! Later Madeline!" And with that, the line went dead, and I hung up as well as I stared at my cellphone is disbelief for a few seconds...and then promptly turned on some Queen and proceeded to dance around in victory for five minutes. I had a date with Brendon! And we'd spend it around dog poop all day...awesome.



Yeah...awesome.

____________
Woo! Two chapters, since I won't be able to post for a week! I'll be back and posting more chapters around January 4th! So Happy New Years!!! Hope this chapter didn't suck, haha I had so much trouble with it. I think the world of Brendon so to make him even the tiniest bit of a douche bag just wounds me, hahaha. Review it up, if you please!
Sign up to rate and review this story